Today...

Leoo

I saw multiple basketball fights at work during my summer job. 99% of the time its just a bunch of tall angry dudes frustrated at their own team, but then there's always that one shithead who sucker punches a dude and all hell breaks loose.

Which seems to be exactly what happened in that video hahah :rolleyes:

hiccup.png

I saw multiple basketball fights at work during my summer job. 99% of the time its just a bunch of tall angry dudes frustrated at their own team, but then there's always that one shithead who sucker punches a dude and all hell breaks loose.

Which seems to be exactly what happened in that video hahah :rolleyes:

Same thing happens in (American) football.

And that was my story.

I don't get why they don't just kick a player off the team for starting a fight. It's clearly against the rules and they're putting innocent people bodies and potentially lives at risk. They're way too lenient with the penalties. It's like they actually encourage it.

I don't get why they don't just kick a player off the team for starting a fight. It's clearly against the rules and they're putting innocent people bodies and potentially lives at risk. They're way too lenient with the penalties. It's like they actually encourage it.

At certain levels in some sports, fighting is sort of encouraged.

An example would be the Quebec Major Junior (QMJHL) in Canada. If there isn't a fight in one of these games, people get upset. Part of the reason you go to a Q game is to see a fight (or two if your lucky).

I think the same applies to the NHL a bit too. I imagine that having a fight every once in a while is good for the ratings. There will be certain players on a team who fight (these would be the ones that wont kill you if they get suspended or hurt). Also, fighting in Hockey is so common that there is an etiquette for it, that is generally stuck to, and prevents people from getting seriously hurt.

I'm not sure how fighting works in sports like basketball, because I don't watch very many sporting events.

As long as nobody is seriously injured I don't see a reason to keep them out for more than a couple of games.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

The UC player that cold cocked the Xavier player got 6 games. The guy that curb stomped the same player while he was on the ground got 6. A bench player also got 6 and a freshman got 1.

The Xavier player that pushed the UC player to start the fight got 4. Another Xavier player got 2, and a third got 1. A walk on also got 4.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7341744/cincinnati-bearcats-suspend-four-players-brawl-xavier-musketeers

I think the punishments should have been more severe.

But I can say I was at the Crosstown Beatdown.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

First exam over with.

4 more to go, 2 of those being the next 2 days in a row.

I HATE having back to back exams. 3 in a row is just stupid. You'd think they could give us a reasonable schedule when EVERYONE in my program has the same classes; it's not like they need to accomodate for other classes.

Manged to hurt my leg at work running into the end of a conveyor belt because I hit right where my phone was in my pocket.

Must have a hit a bad spot (around the dead leg spot) because I have been limping all day and can't bend my leg properly. Hope this heals overnight or work tomorrow is going to suuuck.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

http://www.npr.org/2008/03/28/89164759/a-victim-treats-his-mugger-right

Good people still exist. I consider myself one of them.

Here's my two short stories from today.

Woke up to a phone call from Kendra (Who's real name is Kym, she just prefers Kendra [for whatever reason], but I'll call her Kym from now on) asking what I'm doing today. I said nothing and she said we should go to the city with our friends and I agreed. So we all get together at my friend Chazz's ex-girlfriend Alyssa's house (who is Kym's best friend) and sort everything out. We leave around 12:00 PM and head to a McDonald's to grab a quick bite before we head to the BART station. Everyone else had already ordered their food and was sitting down eating while I was in line still. A little girl in ragged clothes walked in and got in line behind me; she appeared to be entirely alone. I heard her jingling some change and it turned out to be .59 cents. I ordered my coffee and fries and stepped out of the way so she could order. I waited next to the cash register to see what the little girl was doing and she looked at me and smiled, seeming happy. She asked the older lady working the register for one of the .50 cent cookies that they sell. It turns out it's .66 cents after tax. She was heartbroken. I asked her if that's all the money she had, and she said yes, that she hadn't eaten in three days and was trying to get enough money to eat. I asked if she had any parents and she said she didn't know where they were. I grabbed her hand and took her back to the register (I had taken her aside to talk) and ordered a Happy Meal with the generic girl toy they offered, as well as a small Oreo McFlurry and gave it to her. She seemed confused, as if nobody had ever done anything like this for her. I then gave her a $50 bill and told the manager of the McDonald's to call Child Protective Services and find her parents, and buy her some new clothes with that $50. He did just that. Before we left the little girl (who's name is Kaylee) came up to me right at the door and gave me the toy she had gotten from the meal and gave me hug and a tearful thank you. I said don't worry about it, enjoy your new clothes sweetie, and left.

Fast-forward to about 2:30 PM -- We're in the city. I've got some loose change hanging out in my pocket and there are plenty of homeless people in the city, so I decided to give it to someone. I grabbed a Grande Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks and my friends and I headed into the main shopping area to enjoy the day and do some Christmas shopping. About fifteen minutes into our walking around, I spot a homeless man sitting on the steps with his dog, apparently asleep. Target acquired. I walk over after telling my friends to go ahead without me for a minute. I sit down next to him and gently tap him on the shoulder; not wanting to startle him. He wakes up and his dog slowly walks over to me and licks my hand. I ask him his name; it's Tom, he says, and this is Kinder, pointing at his dog. I introduce myself and grab his small empty soup can next to him and drop some change into it. God Bless, he says; and smiles weakly. We both get up and as I'm getting up I subtly pull a $100 bill from my jacket pocket and shake his hand, slipping it into his. Before he realizes what happened I pet the dog, bid farewell and start walking away. I turn my head around to see him crying and holding his dog. I tear up and sit down in a semi-secluded area of a cafe to take in what I had just done for two complete strangers not three hours apart. I never even told my friends.

Sometimes I wonder if people notice things like that. Then I remember 95% of society is filled with people who only care about themselves, and that thought is promptly shoved out of my head. Good night, TIF.

Very nice gestures on your part. But one question comes to mind: Are you rich? Giving away $150 just like that is not something I would be able to do, since I am barely able to pay for what I have.

Never got around to answering this. I'm not rich, but I do well enough to have a decent amount of money in my accounts. Besides, I was shopping, so it's only natural I had a nice bit of cash on me.

http://www.npr.org/2008/03/28/89164759/a-victim-treats-his-mugger-right

Good people still exist. I consider myself one of them.

Here's my two short stories from today.

Woke up to a phone call from Kendra (Who's real name is Kym, she just prefers Kendra [for whatever reason], but I'll call her Kym from now on) asking what I'm doing today. I said nothing and she said we should go to the city with our friends and I agreed. So we all get together at my friend Chazz's ex-girlfriend Alyssa's house (who is Kym's best friend) and sort everything out. We leave around 12:00 PM and head to a McDonald's to grab a quick bite before we head to the BART station. Everyone else had already ordered their food and was sitting down eating while I was in line still. A little girl in ragged clothes walked in and got in line behind me; she appeared to be entirely alone. I heard her jingling some change and it turned out to be .59 cents. I ordered my coffee and fries and stepped out of the way so she could order. I waited next to the cash register to see what the little girl was doing and she looked at me and smiled, seeming happy. She asked the older lady working the register for one of the .50 cent cookies that they sell. It turns out it's .66 cents after tax. She was heartbroken. I asked her if that's all the money she had, and she said yes, that she hadn't eaten in three days and was trying to get enough money to eat. I asked if she had any parents and she said she didn't know where they were. I grabbed her hand and took her back to the register (I had taken her aside to talk) and ordered a Happy Meal with the generic girl toy they offered, as well as a small Oreo McFlurry and gave it to her. She seemed confused, as if nobody had ever done anything like this for her. I then gave her a $50 bill and told the manager of the McDonald's to call Child Protective Services and find her parents, and buy her some new clothes with that $50. He did just that. Before we left the little girl (who's name is Kaylee) came up to me right at the door and gave me the toy she had gotten from the meal and gave me hug and a tearful thank you. I said don't worry about it, enjoy your new clothes sweetie, and left.

Fast-forward to about 2:30 PM -- We're in the city. I've got some loose change hanging out in my pocket and there are plenty of homeless people in the city, so I decided to give it to someone. I grabbed a Grande Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks and my friends and I headed into the main shopping area to enjoy the day and do some Christmas shopping. About fifteen minutes into our walking around, I spot a homeless man sitting on the steps with his dog, apparently asleep. Target acquired. I walk over after telling my friends to go ahead without me for a minute. I sit down next to him and gently tap him on the shoulder; not wanting to startle him. He wakes up and his dog slowly walks over to me and licks my hand. I ask him his name; it's Tom, he says, and this is Kinder, pointing at his dog. I introduce myself and grab his small empty soup can next to him and drop some change into it. God Bless, he says; and smiles weakly. We both get up and as I'm getting up I subtly pull a $100 bill from my jacket pocket and shake his hand, slipping it into his. Before he realizes what happened I pet the dog, bid farewell and start walking away. I turn my head around to see him crying and holding his dog. I tear up and sit down in a semi-secluded area of a cafe to take in what I had just done for two complete strangers not three hours apart. I never even told my friends.

Sometimes I wonder if people notice things like that. Then I remember 95% of society is filled with people who only care about themselves, and that thought is promptly shoved out of my head. Good night, TIF.

Very nice gestures on your part. But one question comes to mind: Are you rich? Giving away $150 just like that is not something I would be able to do, since I am barely able to pay for what I have.

Never got around to answering this. I'm not rich, but I do well enough to have a decent amount of money in my accounts. Besides, I was shopping, so it's only natural I had a nice bit of cash on me.

Considering you work at a Managers rate, I'd assume you'd be getting paid enough to get your own house mortgage for that matter. Wait, account(s)? you have how many?

Kinda worrying about money, I'll be lucky to get another shift before work finishes for a month closed, after buying Xmas gifts, paying some off to my mate for the car, I'll be left with about 400 personal spending, if that for a month. :\

Popoto.~<3

Happy finals week to those that it is applicable. Keep your coffee close and your sanity closer :wink:

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Came from a med-express in town. I was diagnosed bronchitis... which really sucks. My music jury has been postponed till next semester, and I might miss two more finals till I'm well enough to go back to school.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

That's a LOT of books (I count 15 including the little one on the bottom). I hope they aren't as much as university text books or else that pile looks like it would be worth 2 or 3 grand easy!

Have fun reading up about planes :thumbsup:

And I love how you have one on meteorology. I never gave it much thought before, but I guess a working understanding of how the weather works (and how it impacts on flight performance) would be very useful knowledge for a pilot.

So, our school had its' first pep rally in over 20 years. Abridged version: bunch of nervous kids that do sports stand in front of 300 people awkwardly for 20 minutes as our band plays some songs.

Pep rallies aren't our school's thing apparently.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Today I finally bought myself the tweed suit I've been wanting. :shades:

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau