Today...

Leoo

The mall is so... pointless if you're a male who doesn't care about Hollister or American Eagle.

Nihilistic would be a better suited word there.

Sorry, but seeing "happiness" dangled in front of me like a carrot makes me wonder what we're all in this for. I don't get why, according to "hard working" capitalists, quality can be nothing more than a facade. I would much rather build than embellish.

I'm confused as to how nihilistic applies to the mall setting.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

How so much commotion means so little on the grand scale of things. I guess this could be applied to most social settings, but something about how big and "grand" the mall is gives such a discomforting feeling for what it's actually worth (nothing but hype for the sake of hype).

If I ever went inside a club though, it would probably be much worse.

How so much commotion means so little on the grand scale of things. I guess this could be applied to most social settings, but something about how big and "grand" the mall is gives such a discomforting feeling for what it's actually worth (nothing but hype for the sake of hype).

If I ever went inside a club though, it would probably be much worse.

The West Edmonton Mall sounds kind of fun actually. With an amusement park, water park, ice skating rink and over 800 stores there's bound to be something fun to do there.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

There is something to be said for shopping itself. Some people actually find it fun. Specifically, the anticipation of buying something does cause a chemical release of happy drugs in the brain (and you actually do have to buy it to get the genuine anticipation that causes the release). This is why people buy things they never use.

Also, wouldn't you be the nihilist? I don't see how that can possibly apply to anything that is incapable of thought.

I'd also suggest that meaning is subjective, and 'in the eye of the beholder'. Nothing in life has meaning if you don't find meaning in it. When I go shopping, I have a goal (rare are the times when people can get me into the store when I don't have any desire to actually buy something). Shopping allows me to achieve that goal. Shopping might be meaningless to you :P, but its not that way for everyone.

Most of us will never make any real impact on the grand scale of things. Only a handful of people in any given generation get to do that. And even then, what we as a species accomplish will never really amount to any meaning in the context of the Universe. We could probably make an impact on our solar system, and one day maybe we will even make an impact on our Galaxy, but I doubt we will ever be able to get beyond affecting maybe a handful of galaxies at most. When compared to the universe, even a few galaxies is...meaningless.

Take joy in your own life, in the things that matter to you. If you constantly sit back and think about things as they apply to the larger scale, then you'll (a) stop caring about other people all together because they are insignificant, and (b) become depressed because nothing you will ever do will make a meaningful impact on the Universe :D

Take joy in your own life, in the things that matter to you. If you constantly sit back and think about things as they apply to the larger scale, then you'll (a) stop caring about other people all together because they are insignificant, and (b) become depressed because nothing you will ever do will make a meaningful impact on the Universe :D

Precisely. I try to stay away from those feelings because they're essentially just unproductive - and for some magical reason being productive (even if it's for no clear purpose) makes me happy. It's just that certain stimuli, like the mall, pushes the universal question of purpose to the front of my mind whether I like it or not.

Then that would make you nihilistic, not the particular setting. :P

And anyways, I think malls are both hilarious and awesome. I usually just get baked and wander around the Mall of America with my friends for hours laughing at things.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Precisely. I try to stay away from those feelings because they're essentially just unproductive - and for some magical reason being productive (even if it's for no clear purpose) makes me happy. It's just that certain stimuli, like the mall, pushes the universal question of purpose to the front of my mind whether I like it or not.

Okay, well that's fair. Everyone has ticks. I was afraid you might be like that in general :P

Moving on, this is how more songs need to be written. Been watching the show a bit, and I would love a compilation of all the songs they have created. I can't believe how good they are at it (normally). I figure this has got to be one of the hardest forms of improv ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdbHedBtZKc -and- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QclDoGyelbk

Awkward moment when you realise you've lost your debit card the day before your birthday >.<

Ahhh well. New one comes in 3 to 5 working days and nobody had stolen my moneys so that's always good!

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Awkward moment when you realise you've lost your debit card the day before your birthday >.<

Ahhh well. New one comes in 3 to 5 working days and nobody had stolen my moneys so that's always good!

Probs cos you got no moneys on it anyway...

rosssigfinal.jpg

I've got to write 3 papers, pass a Politics quiz, and do a whole shitload of math problems for midterm corrections this week, as well as prepare for finals next week, so I'm not letting myself do anything fun on the internet or in real life till I'm done. See you guys in a week.

Got up hours ago, and I still don't feel fully awake. Today I clean my room up. Kinda let things slide for a bit, and now its time to make it super clean. I also need to clean my mini fridge, which is always delightful. Looking around, I have too much...stuff. Also too much laundry to do. Ah well, best to get it done while I have the time.

Also, starting into a new relationship :thumbsup: and location dictates that my place is going to be doing pretty much all the hosting, so I want my room to make a good impression. I've always got my shit together more when I am with someone :lol:

Fix final paper for 15% of my class grade or Battlefield 3?

Battlefield it is

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I said I would be gone for the week but I need to post this. You guys mind filling out a survey for me? Only 5 questions, it's for a research project I'm doing on the No Child Left Behind act and it's effect.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8QH3KK9

Note to self: do not sing "2 minutes to midnight" on the bus to school, people will feel uncomfortable with the lyrics

The killer's breed or the demon's seed

The glamour, the fortune, the paaaaaaain

Go to war again, blood is freedom's stain

But don't you pray for my soul anymore

Iron Maiden has a knack for sounding misleadingly evil to outsiders, even though their songs are just what we learned about human nature through history.

Long day, though I'm finally awake. My room is probably 90% clean now. I still need to deal with my dresser, which has a whole bunch of random stuff sitting on it. I could also probably clear all the stuff off my stairs (been there so long I stopped noticing it, but its silly having a tool box and printer sitting at the bottom of my stairs). And the fridge still needs to be done :thumbdown:

In other good news, I think I managed to wake up early enough today that I am back on a normal sleep schedule (the idea being to go to bed around midnight and wake up at like 8 or 9). I miss the days when I could fix my sleep cycle by just not going to sleep for day, but if I try to do that now, I just fall asleep around lunch.

I've also discovered Improv-A-Ganza, which is the carry on in spirit of Whose Line. Most of the same people, though Wayne isn't a regular which makes me sad (I found he was the most talented, especially at singing). Boy have they all aged (I forget how old Whose Line is).

Birthday today! 19 :P. woke up at 6am worked till 4:30 and here I am.

No time to see friends, suuuuuucks.

Maybe the weekend, ah well, Dad's coming home with 4 dominoes pizza's and we have chips,lollies and coke, it's all I need :P

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Fix final paper for 15% of my class grade or Battlefield 3?

Battlefield it is

=D>

My general recital at Uni went very well today. I hope to record my self playing the piece and put it on youtube, and then post it here.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Birthday today! 19 :P. woke up at 6am worked till 4:30 and here I am.

No time to see friends, suuuuuucks.

Maybe the weekend, ah well, Dad's coming home with 4 dominoes pizza's and we have chips,lollies and coke, it's all I need :P

Hope you had an awesome 19th!

Today I woke up late, meant to read a bunch of business law chapters for my upcoming exams, played MW3 instead, went to my last class of the semester, made dinner, watched the leafs game with my roommates, played more MW3, talked to the gf on the phone, watched Dexter, watched The Office and here I am! Very unproductive day and I'm pretty mad at myself for it. Tomorrow I'll be waking up around 11:00am (having my first class at 4:00pm this semester has really messed up my sleep schedule!) and going to the mall to get groceries. Hopefully the roomies and I will also be able to get a nice Christmas picture with Santa while we're there. Should be home around 2:00pm and then I'll go to the library and study my butt off.

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.