Today...

Leoo

My final exams start next Wednesday. The system here is that we basically have 1 to 2 exams each day for more than a week, so it's pretty much one of the most bothersome weeks of the school year (the other one being the Christmas exam period). On the bright side, the weather's getting much better (finally), and in exactly two weeks I should be completely done with high school.

I guess we're lucky here in Belgium, universities will accept pretty much anyone. The only exceptions are medical studies (specifically, only doctors and dentists), which require an incredibly hard entry exam, and certain artistic studies, which require some kind of test before you enter to show that you're artistic enough or something. A classmate's doing the latter and I think she just has to make some photos and draw a picture or something.

Gotta write an essay on someone who's innovative before midnight tonight, then proofread all the essays. This is going to be fun. Just kidding, it's summer, I shouldn't be writing essays, [bleep] this.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Today at work a group of white trash came in. After deciding on their order, three of them went back to their car while a fourth one placed the order. It was all going well at first, until the man asked for a side of banana peppers with his sandwich. I told him that our Jimmy Johns neither offers toppings on the side nor stocks banana peppers, which it does not. He then began freaking out, saying that he had been going to Jimmy John's for years and had never had a problem ordering that. I told him that I was sorry, but our franchise does not do that, if it ever even did. The man then began screaming at me and threatening me, saying I was calling him a liar and asking to talk to my manager. She basically said the same things I said, as our store had stopped doing both of those things several years ago. He finished his order and left without any major altercation or anything, but it was still kind of scary lol. It's ridiculous that people like that actually exist when you live in suburbia.

Also I watched Seven Psychopaths tonight with some friends. FANTASTIC movie; I haven't seen anything else remotely like it. Highly recommended for fans of darker comedy.

Yeah, it's [bleep]ing retarded. What it is is people venting their anger onto others who can't retaliate: e.g. a cashier guy that wants to keep his job. Really pathetic.

The word retarded isn't even an official word and insults actual retarded people, but i still agree with the concept of it.

Yesterday our supreme court ruled it unconstitutional that gay couples in a civil union do not get the same tax benefits that heterosexual marriages receive, one of several decisions in the last year granting same-sex couples more rights. Today the CDU/CSU, the conservative senior partner in the coalition we currently have as government, declared they would pass legislation in accordance to the verdict. Yet with the same breath of that statement, they also say they still won't grant Adoption rights. Right now I'm fuming.

They've been pulling the same shit for months now. Every time the supreme court rules a certain part of legislation regarding gays unconstitutional, they change it but only what they have to. Every major party but them supports full equality. It hopefully should only take some time until the court forces them to allow gay adoption as well, but I'm still mad. It's just sickening that apparently the majority of our government either consists of homophobes or people that are willing to discriminate in order to get a few more votes.

I was close to throwing my glass against the TV.

:wall:

Wait..did I hear that? Mid-term elections are coming up? Oh wait..doesn't that mean..wait hold on..that every political position is now going to be taken based on the Politician's ability to retain votes?

Lol that shit political system. Gotta love it.

But seriously, our government is ruled by money, not liberty, so don't expect much when it comes to political powers taking a critical stance on something. They'll take whatever stance gets them the most votes, and in doing so keeping them in "office" an thus paying the "bills."

You're talking about a completely different country constrictor. US conservatives wouldn't even have taken that out of the bill this fast.

Well, we have elections coming up too...and they have to save face, considering there's a clear majority (I think around 70-30) for full equality for gays, but at the same time they don't want to anger the conservative core of their voters (Though honestly I doubt it would even hurt them that much)

Gotta write an essay on someone who's innovative before midnight tonight, then proofread all the essays. This is going to be fun. Just kidding, it's summer, I shouldn't be writing essays, [bleep] this.

Got it done. I love the huge difference between the lengths of the essays: 3 of the 4 are about 400 words, the fourth is almost 1000.

Ugh, I hate applications to things. It's probably the most stressful thing for me ever, and I get really anxious any time I have to fill one out. That one just had the one personal question, but that still almost killed me.

inb4 I wasted my week doing that shit.

Elections coming up here too. It's a real difficult decision for the people who only vote for the two major parties. Most of them are likely to vote Liberal, but Liberal have stated they're not going to remove the asbestos that people are just starting to realise are in the old Internet cables. Labor (currently in government) better win because they're the for the working people compared to Liberal being more for the employers, and so will want to safely remove the asbestos for the health of the employees. That's essentially the biggest difference between the two parties this election. Elections here are really boring, and very different to US elections.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Oh what I would give to have a social life again

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Spent the day hanging out with a cute guy. :>

Also I'm considering moving to New Zealand Mid-Year next year with a friend because the cost of living is much more affordable there.

Popoto.~<3

Is your Liberal party comparable to the Conservatives in Canada or the UK? I don't know much about the Australian political situation.

Yes, the Liberal party here is very conservative. The leader for the party is a right royal prick too. Xenophobic beyond measure, wanting to send asylum seekers back to their deaths, despite the fact that what they're doing is actually perfectly legal. He also says a lot of sexist comments and then says because he has a wife and daughters that he can't be sexist and is the opposite. Not to mention he loves having his pic taken in speedos and swimming goggles. I like Malcolm Turnbull though, he's an alright guy, just doesn't understand technology. Which is sad because he's Liberal's communications and broadband minister.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

14 hour no break shift.

showered. twisted tea now in hand. first time sitting down in ~15 hours.

Feelsgood.jpeg

I found a girl on okcupid the other night checking out my profile, then her face weirdly enough popped up on my newsfeed on a mutual friend's status. Been texting her here and there, but have been far too busy at work to make anything of it. C'est la vie.

Went to a couple of movies with friends. One girl works at the theater, so I got in free for both movies, plus a giant bowl of free popcorn, which was pretty cool.

Afterwards, I drove her back, and we started talking about college next year. She's coming to Omaha next year with me, so I'll actually have a friend there, finally. I did a pretty shit job of reassuring her on whether she'll make friends and stuff, which I feel kind of bad about, but I have such a hard time saying positive things about my time at college, I guess I'm not surprised. I feel bad though. Her boyfriend's transferring too, though, plus I'm there, so I guess it won't be quite so bad. IDK. Either way, I'm glad someone I know and like will be in town.

Today my phone decided not to turn on, for no good reason, so it's had to be sent in for repairs which will take two weeks.

In related news, I also discovered today just how much I'm addicted to Facebook... :? Hopefully two weeks cold turkey will help.

In related news, I also discovered today just how much I'm addicted to Facebook... :? Hopefully two weeks cold turkey will help.

One of my parents' older friends was talking to me last weekend, and they going on and on about getting a Facebook and how useful it would be. I was like, "You're a little late to that train, dude."

My niece's birthday is today. She just graduated from middle school. Pretty nuts how fast they're growing up. And also, my oldest brother just had his first child. So that was exciting.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I just got the joke in RPG's location

whoosh

(seriously I've had that as my location since early-mid 2010)

Today I hinted to my boss that if I get shorted the $200 the company owes me I'll be "legally obligated" to be pissed off. Gave me a maniacal smile as I clocked out and walked away from the chaos of a sunday night. (Crossing my fingers he plays ball, cause then I'll have made $1,012 USD alone this week)

So now I'm home, hoping that something interesting happens. If it doesn't - I can always play some Injustice. I've logged maybe like 6 hours of gameplay since I bought it last month. Now's a good time to enjoy it.

If you think the mafia pays for it's laundering fronts proper money, you got some more thinking to do