Today...

Leoo

Got a new custom-made fedora today to add to my collection, it features I like to think that it adds a touch of old-fashioned class to my style. It cost me around £45, which I know sounds expensive for a hat but because of the custom touches and high-quality material.

This is to be my every day hat, previously I had a pinstriped fedora which I had custom pinned three buttons to show my favourite interests: (meme face, to show I frequent the internet; dragon, to show I'm a fan of fantasy; Applejacks, to show that I am a brony) but now I have a classy three metal buttons sewed onto the side, which is more formal.

Though I have quite a few, the others of interest are my completely red one which I think makes me look like Alucard.

6gwvUDA.jpg

I also have a grey one, which I wear on more sombre occasions such as if I'm feeling sad.

qTLQRuS.png

Saw a bitterly ironic image today...a homeless couple were pulling their carts filled with their possessions up a curb, at the base of a giant flag pole flying the American flag.

<pic>

Hey, a guy can make a cliche deep observation once in a while. :razz:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Had my birthday party last night, and it was just fantastic. About 40 people showed up to chill, including friends from college who drove out here from across the state. No real stories though, just a great time.Afterwards I ended up smoking a couple bowls with my two best friends from college and two really close friends from back here, and it's just kinda surreal thinking about how much changed to make a night like that possible over the course of the last year.

Also, Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Chips Ahoy are the SHIT.

• Like 2

My knee is [bleep]ing killing me.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I was in a photoshoot today. Was really chill, just four of my friends and me walking around town, enjoying free food and doing whatever while some guy takes pictures of us. It helps that we had some great weather today. We saw the sun for the first time in weeks, which is really abnormal for this time of year.

I start my internship at Microsoft tomorrow morning, I'm starting to get nervous.

What part of Microsoft are you interning for?

Enterprise Commerce. I'm not sure exactly what I'll be doing yet, but I'm a Project Manager.

2s0cxth.png

Project Manager at only 20 years old? dafaq is this world coming to when a 20yo can get a high-corporate job and a 22yo cant even get a job in a fast food store. :\

Popoto.~<3

Got the Samsung Galaxy S 4 today. Have to say...it's pretty good...:D

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I start my internship at Microsoft tomorrow morning, I'm starting to get nervous.

Enterprise Commerce. I'm not sure exactly what I'll be doing yet, but I'm a Project Manager.

For clarification I just looked up Enterprise Commerce through google, the third or fourth result that came up was Microsoft's definition of what it is. If you ask me it sounds like your job will be to attempt to make everyone happy while only being able to make some people happy. Basically shit work for the intern.

Project Manager at only 20 years old? dafaq is this world coming to when a 20yo can get a high-corporate job and a 22yo cant even get a job in a fast food store. :\

Uhhhh maybe a world where you're able to specifically study for a certain career path?

• Like 1

For clarification I just looked up Enterprise Commerce through google, the third or fourth result that came up was Microsoft's definition of what it is. If you ask me it sounds like your job will be to attempt to make everyone happy while only being able to make some people happy. Basically shit work for the intern.

Most internships are shit. But being able to put "Microsoft" on your resume is something not many people can do, and it means a lot.

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I failed to get a call for an interview for a job stocking shelves overnight at a grocery store. I'm 24.

In a world where I've been going to a large university that is among the best in the nation for computer science since I was 15, with work as a software engineer at another fortune 50 company for a year. Age isn't everything. Drive and ambition to get a college education leads to better jobs than age ever will.

Anyways, I've been told I'm going to have a team of two other interns. I'll work with people in Seattle, Dublin, and Hyderabad.

About interns sucking, that's not true in my case. In my last one (Supervalu, software engineer), it was one of the best experiences I've had. I learned a ton, my projects saved the company over a million dollars, and I had fun.

Microsoft has the best internship program in the country, so I'm not worried about it sucking. It's not Xbox or Windows 8 I get to work on, but it will still be fun.

• Like 2
2s0cxth.png

In a world where I've been going to a large university that is among the best in the nation for computer science since I was 15, with work as a software engineer at another fortune 50 company for a year. Age isn't everything. Drive and ambition to get a college education leads to better jobs than age ever will.

Anyways, I've been told I'm going to have a team of two other interns. I'll work with people in Seattle, Dublin, and Hyderabad.

About interns sucking, that's not true in my case. In my last one (Supervalu, software engineer), it was one of the best experiences I've had. I learned a ton, my projects saved the company over a million dollars, and I had fun.

Microsoft has the best internship program in the country, so I'm not worried about it sucking. It's not Xbox or Windows 8 I get to work on, but it will still be fun.

I agree with what he said ^. I've contributed to open source projects, developed my own libraries (e.g., an XNA alternative [for graphics only]... that all of one person uses [i think, and besides me]), and all kinds of "worky" stuff, but without a college education, can't get a job in software development.

Heck, I've gotten referrals for positions and all and still failed to nab the job because I don't have prior related work experience or college education. Such is life.

ozXHe7P.png

Actually, on the Minneapolis Craigslist, I see lots of posts in software/qa/DNA that say you don't need a bachelors as long as you can demonstrate the experience, for entry level jobs. They're still 50k+ a year. Not as good as the 90k+ at Microsoft/amazon/etc, but still good for no college.

Also, I started at target stocking shelves, if it makes a difference. I also worked sales floor and electronics.

2s0cxth.png

Actually, on the Minneapolis Craigslist, I see lots of posts in software/qa/DNA that say you don't need a bachelors as long as you can demonstrate the experience, for entry level jobs. They're still 50k+ a year. Not as good as the 90k+ at Microsoft/amazon/etc, but still good for no college.

Also, I started at target stocking shelves, if it makes a difference. I also worked sales floor and electronics.

I don't doubt it. Location is very important. Where I live, there's not much (actually, anything) within 100 or so miles (outside of military-related jobs in software development). I would have to relocate for a majority of jobs (telecommuting is not something I would personally do).

ozXHe7P.png

There isn't much where I live, as far as big software companies goes. My options are to either move somewhere far away or work as a PHP developer for Grooveshark. Of course, there are the smaller companies in Orlando/Tampa that pay less, but I'm not interested in them.

Agreed. I'm only 21, but I have over 40 people working for me in a multi-milliondollar independent corporation. It's all about personal drive. I started from nothing.

If anything it's harder to get iffy jobs as an older person. As a recruiter I can tell you that I wouldn't hire anyone over the age of 23 simply because they would think the job is beneath them and not work as hard, and are less likely to be good workers based on the fact that they are 23 and still working a lower-rung job. But that's just from my standpoint on who I'd hire. My primary pool of incoming workers is high school Juniors and Seniors. Bonus points if they're going to Community college so they stay local.

As for people hiring in "real" jobs they'd likely pick people in the 20-26 range who have a good deal of college under their belt and bonus points for having a job or two while in high school.

Oh, and If you're an Eagle Scout you're like promised a job in life.

My advice to those over 20 and struggle with finding a job: go to a trade school like carpentry or manuel labor.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Trade school's here cost money and refuse to take you unless you're already secured in an apprenticeship. + Newcastle is dead job wise besides heavy labour work, something im physically not capable of doing.

Popoto.~<3

Trade school's here cost money and refuse to take you unless you're already secured in an apprenticeship. + Newcastle is dead job wise besides heavy labour work, something im physically not capable of doing.

Somehow I think you'd do good on yourself with the challenge of a labor intensive job. It'll suck at first, but you'll feel awesome once you get that rush of success after suffering a bit.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Somehow I think you'd do good on yourself with the challenge of a labor intensive job. It'll suck at first, but you'll feel awesome once you get that rush of success after suffering a bit.

I mean I CAN NOT do it. I have a back condition. It's the one thing that can impact my career choices with heavy lifting. OTHER then that, I'm fine.

Popoto.~<3