Today...

Leoo

I don't know if I should be put on a jury. I would have trouble separating character from evidence I think, and I'd either develop a conviction or acquittal bias as a result.

I don't know if I should be put on a jury. I would have trouble separating character from evidence I think, and I'd either develop a conviction or acquittal bias as a result.

Yeah. The problems when you rely heavily on intuition when trying to work out other people, and not so much on what they're actually doing or saying. Very hard to remove a first impression once it's stuck there.

A smile on my face this evening. A nice day staying at home, after recovering from being sick from excessive alcohol intake over the weekend. Never again am I drinking that much beer in a short space of time.

Going to a garden party on Sunday evening which sounds fun.

The guy I like *might* be invited as well which is nice

Ha I have a friend who swears off drinking every few months after he does something ridiculous while near blackout (broke someone's crucifix, punched another guy in the face, failed hookup, etc). He always starts up again within a few weeks and the cycle repeats.

Not saying you'll be him. Just a funny story.

p2gq.jpg

You'd think that, but really, most of my friends are like, "Well, that was bad. Oh well. When's the next party?" It's funny with him in particular because he goes to such extremes on both sides.

p2gq.jpg

Contrast to popular belief, not all Californians surf or find an attraction to the beach.

I like swimming, hate the beach: the sand, the crowds, the [bleep]ing traffic, the even more worse parking cost.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I'm not much of a water person. But I went with my friend and her daughter and I have to say the water isn't too bad when you get to lie on an air mattress and have a kid tow you around the lake :P

I also burn easily, and from where we were sitting I managed to burn only the left half of my body :(

I also suppose distance is another factor why I don't like the beach. 70 miles across the LA cityscape. :-?

Also we're nearing 2000 pages here...The year of Y2k!

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I also suppose distance is another factor why I don't like the beach. 70 miles across the LA cityscape. :?

>1 hour through a very pretty mountain forest. \:D/

~40 minutes through back country roads.

Again, if not for the Sun having some personal vendetta, I might actually enjoy the beach, since the ride there isn't too bad and I enjoy the feel of the sand.

Microsoft names next free game for Xbox 360 Gold subscribers

[bleep]ing wankers... Assassin's Creed 2 and they know I can't afford XBL Gold this month. :(

Defense Grid is a decent game, but when you look into the metagame (read: fully upgraded guns >>> any other tower), it becomes a bit stale.

Okay, I can see driving, well, pretty much anyplace in LA being a royal pain. I have to assume that driving down the street to your neighbor still involves heavy traffic :P Sunburns aren't cool either, and being near water definately makes that happen a lot faster (so does being on artificial turf).

Today was a lazy day. In retrospect, I wish I had done more. But everything I wanted to get done was in my room and that's just not on the table today.

Finally have everything I need to get a passport. I'll be going in the morning to officially submit it. I would have preferred to mail it, but I am supposed to be going on a trip in a couple of weeks and mailing takes up to 6. Now to hope they don't reject the photo for any reason.

It's been nice knowing you, giroux.

For those who care (I'm sure there are a few), I finally updated my About Me. It is now not only accurate, but also more than 10 words. I was planning to use that time to sleep, but it wasn't working out, hence the idea of changing it from being about my extensive sleeping habits.

So yeah, currently 5:10am, and I am still awake. In probably 4 hours, I will be off to submit my passport application and hopefully this time next week it will be in. Then, 8 days later, I will be heading to the USA for a road trip of sorts. I think it is safe to say I will be the farthest from home I have ever been, and I am actually looking forward to it a bit.