Today...

Leoo

I will say, Misery loves company. It's nice to see that my 36C room is not the most ridiculous thing going on (under 34 now). Moderate climate for the win, even if ours seems to be broken. Going to be the new Ottawa at this rate, and I suppose Ottawa will be like a volcano or something.

Temperature was 43 Celsius in Quebec today if we count the humidity, it was 36 otherwise, same as Bahturst, the small city I used to live in when I was in New Brunswick.

@ Kaida: I would kill for some 40c right now. Thus far this week it's been 115+ constantly. We even hit 120+ a few times. Humidity ranging from 24% - 50%+.

Your 40c feels like winter.

Spent the last 4 hours at the police station. I was with a friend and my girlfriend at Starbucks. As we got in the car some jackass opened his door just as my girlfriend tried getting in, and it bumped in to her. He did not stop. He still climbed out of the car and continued to mumble something at her. Me and my friend went off. I started yelling at the guy for being a rude prick, my friend decided to take a different route. He pushed the guy into his own car's back seat and started beating him (my friend has severe rage issues). I told him to stop, but i wasn't going to get involved as i know that once he gets in that state of rage he will pretty much take a swing at anyone in his way. He stopped and called the police (he knows half the police force). We went to jail and my girlfriend and friend were taken to different rooms as i sat in the lobby, seeing as i had nothing to do with the matter according to the police. As i sat in the lobby waiting i was kept company by a Sudanese and Moroccan police officer. They assured me that everything was going to be fine but they had to write police reports and my friend might be in trouble for assaulting the other guy. They asked me where i was from, what i was doing in Qatar. I told them about my flying and stuff, and they asked some questions. Had a pretty good conversation with the two of them. They told me to add them on FB. I knew it would be a VERY bad idea so i just told them i didn't have FB but they told me to take their numbers and if i ever need anything i should give them a call. It's weird, but i guess i'm now part of the cool gang that has contacts at the police station?

Eventually they let my girlfriend and my friend out, after threatening to make my friend spend a night in jail. He should have, but because he knows too many people there they let him off without as much as a warning. They wanted to send the Indian guy who bumped into my girlfriend on the next plane to India, aka deport him. But we decided to not press any charges. I know this all sounds very over the top, and it really is, but things like touching a woman is taken very seriously in an Arabic country. Was she a Muslim woman he would have been deported no doubt. But anyway, we asked them to let him go and not harm him any more. They said they would have to let his employer know about what happened tonight and chances are pretty much 100% that he's going to lose his job over it because he now has an official criminal warning against his name. I kind of feel bad for the guy. He looked like he was about my age. Wrong place, wrong time. I asked the police officer to treat him nice. I went to McDonalds as well, while they were in the rooms, to get the Indian guy some food because he has to stop eating at 4:25 because that is when they start fasting. They didn't him to eat but i asked them nicely and they allowed him to eat the food. I would not have felt right knowing that because of this shit he missed his last meal before a ~12 day without food. And all of this just because he's Indian.

Anyway... i suppose this post is a bit all over the place and rather confusing, but it has been 24 hours since i got some sleep and it was a bit of a crazy day...

Thank you Noxx for changing your name back to what we've been calling you this whole time anyway :P

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I just, more or less, got called an idiot for saying that watching a lot of movies doesn't automatically make you able to write better reviews than other people.

EDIT: Also got a "thumb down" for correcting a guy saying "most unique" is equivalent to "uniquer". It is clearly "uniquest". Sometimes I wonder why I ever started commenting on yahoo. It was probably the biggest mistake of my life.

Then again, if that was the highlight of my day, I have no life.

3 degrees here. THREE! Early in the morning, but still.

Maximum 23 centigrades here for all the time I've been here (2 weeks).

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

The Win8 Metro UI pissed me off until I realized it's just a really big Start Menu.

Add a large Desktop button and you're good. I like it a lot, actually.

It's how I tolerated it.

I'd move if I was given a job opportunity. :<

So would I. I want to complain about things that aren't the internet.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Apparently there is a threshold in life at which you start seeing your job-frustrated peers fall for pyramid schemes, and I'm at it right now. They're EVERYWHERE. It's pretty sad to see people you went to high school with cheerfully walking into scams. I've had to talk one particularly stubborn close friend out of one already. Thankfully he seems to have dropped it.

p2gq.jpg

Bought my ticket to see Real Friends tomorrow, and I'm having a Whose Line is it Anyway reboot party in a couple hours at my house to celebrate the return of one of TV's best shows ever.

And my laptop is currently working, but it's struggling hard. I think I'll be buying a new one and learning to deal with the painful Windows 8 UI soon enough. (tablet interface doesn't work on a laptop, silly Windows)

• Like 2

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Bought my ticket to see Real Friends tomorrow, and I'm having a Whose Line is it Anyway reboot party in a couple hours at my house to celebrate the return of one of TV's best shows ever.

And my laptop is currently working, but it's struggling hard. I think I'll be buying a new one and learning to deal with the painful Windows 8 UI soon enough. (tablet interface doesn't work on a laptop, silly Windows)

Just buy Start8 it adds a fully functional windows 7 style start menu to windows 8 and boots you to desktop automatically.

I had a strange experience this morning. I usually set my alarm for 6:30, get up, reset it for seven, and then get up at seven.

I was having a dream about being in some kind of classroom, and my friend had a watch, that all of a sudden started beeping really loudly. The teacher/prof got pissed and my friend was trying to turn it off, except he couldn't. I offered to try, and didn't have any luck. I even started hitting it with a hammer and it still didn't shut up. Finally I threw it over a wall...and woke up to find that it was 6:42, and my alarm was going off. (and presumably had been for the last twelve minutes)

Dreams are really interesting...the way your mind can make up something that seems entirely plausible to react to external stimuli, all while still being asleep. Crazy.

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I even started hitting it with a hammer and it still didn't shut up.

Was this a double claw PHP hammer?

Haha no, pretty sure it was a regular hammer. Also (only posting because I read it today) you might find this interesting: http://blog.sucuri.net/2013/07/malware-hidden-inside-jpg-exif-headers.html

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Noxx: followed all of that... what a wild, crazy, rather scary ride of a day.

Today was OK, but yesterday I got stuck 4-5 times for some cortisone injections, into the muscle. I don't know if it'll help, I did 5 rounds of cortisone into my spine and nothing lasted longer than a week or two. We'll see.

Going tomorrow into the city to try and look for a rings. Heading to a waterpark Friday. Republican event with Mike Huckabee and Lamar Alexander Saturday.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Actually a few days ago but wanted to share how terrified i was of swimming. Never did it young, and i probably wpould have been really scared then. Four seconds underwater felt so much longer than on land holding my breath. I will do this though

I asked my mom and my sister if I could use one of their credit cards (since they have told me before if I need it just ask and give them the money)... Both asked what for, so I told them. 5 minutes later, my mom went home (as she doesn't live with me right now) and my sister decided to take a nap.

So it looks like I won't be taking advantage of the Steam Summer Sale this year.

Going to start looking for a car pretty soon. Since I'm changing provinces I'd have to pay something like $4000 or $5000 to make it perfect enough for the inspection the province needs us to pass. And just to say, it passed the N-B annual inspection without issues just last month, but it wouldn't anymore. Silly Toyotas, they last for an extremely long time, but everything breaks at the same time.. I prefer putting that kind of money on a down-payment for a new car rather than repairing my current car. I just have to find that money.. Some of the parts that need replacing are still the original parts that came with the car (such as the clutch and stuff, but with 12 years and 315k KM I guess it's kinda normal).

Once you get used to it it's not painful at all. Also with Win 8 it's good to know the shortcut "Win key + X" which I find very helpful. Also I personally never even use the metro interface unless I want to use one of the apps (although I never downloaded new ones), or when I want to open programs very fast (you just have to type the name of the program in it appears in a list).

Just use the desktop interface and you'll be fine.