Today...

Leoo

some actor on GLEE died today in a hotel. Apparently he had drug addiction issues before so I can probably guess what happened.

I love how everyone on my FB is going "nooooo! he was an icon for the gay community for his work blah blah blah".

...I have never heard of him. :\

Popoto.~<3

very surprising he wasn't at least charged w/manslaughter

e - i think there's still opportunity for a civil suit tho. unsure of what zimmerman's cash situation is like

I think he could easily sue for defamation given the outrageous behavior of the media. If he does, then his cash situation would be very good.

The media has been pretty kind to Zimmerman given the situation. He did kill a person, you really can't take that away from him regardless of how it's represented.

tFtfA.jpg

Soldiers are glorified and their job is to kill.

Depends on the situation...which makes controversy. I just hope race riots don't start happening...but since I haven't heard of any yet, it's midnight and I heard his conviction 6 hours ago, I don't there will be any.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

some actor on GLEE died today in a hotel. Apparently he had drug addiction issues before so I can probably guess what happened.

I love how everyone on my FB is going "nooooo! he was an icon for the gay community for his work blah blah blah".

...I have never heard of him. :\

His name was Cory Monteith, and as for the gay community part I am unsure why because last I heard he was dating/engaged to the female lead from Glee, Lea Michelle.

anyway story to be found here...

http://news.sky.com/...d-dead-in-hotel

R.I.P Cory :(

EDIT: nevermind after some checking I get the part about the Gay community, 'In 2011, he filmed a PSA for Straight But Not Narrow, an online PSA organization aimed at changing the minds of young, straight guys and girls in their attitude and viewpoint towards the LGBT community. In 2012, he co-hosted the 23rd GLAAD Media Awards in New York City with co-star Naya Rivera.' Makes more sense now.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

The Win8 Metro UI pissed me off until I realized it's just a really big Start Menu.

Add a large Desktop button and you're good. I like it a lot, actually.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

very surprising he wasn't at least charged w/manslaughter

e - i think there's still opportunity for a civil suit tho. unsure of what zimmerman's cash situation is like

I think he could easily sue for defamation given the outrageous behavior of the media. If he does, then his cash situation would be very good.

yeah but i'm p. sure he's still got a perjury lawsuit and maybe a child molestation lawsuit after that, and i'm guessing his 15 minutes of fame are over

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Just finished Journey.

Second game ever that I have cried to.

I play too good and emotional games -_-

That game is [bleep]ing gorgeous.

And it is worth every penny.

Oh, got the collectors' edition on a disc btw. Epic stuff.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I got a new laptop for school. The laptop itself is really nice, but the Windows 8 UI is so counter-intuitive, ugh.

scumbag school. Gives you free laptop. must use windows 8.

Spending most of today working in UDK and figuring out how to fix the texture for my map. problem with it atm is the texture's scaling is way too high. so the grass etc looks like it's been magnified x100 on the terrain mesh.

Popoto.~<3

I could be wrong but I believe Florida has a law preventing civil suits in self defence cases if the defendant wins. The NAACP wants the DoJ to file civil rights violation charges against him, but there was no case for murder and there's no case for that either. On the other hand, he has a good chance of winning his defamation suits, especially against NBC which edited the 911 call to make him seem racist.

That's a morality debate. Some people do hold killing in any situation, including self defence, the defence of others, or duress (under self preservation, but perhaps a special category since you have to think about it). I can't really speak to pacifism without making stuff up, at least right now, though I would have to think that one possible objection is the argument that you are saying your life is more valuable. It can be argued a lot of different ways, that's just an example (as in, please don't make a bunch of responses to that statement here. Make a new thread if you really want to get into it and I'll start arguing for more points of view, since I have a few).

About the RAM sticks, if the 512MB sticks were slower, the motherboard probably slowed all of them down to that speed (I don't think they can usually handle multiple memory clocks, so they just use the slowest, but I could be making stuff up). If not, there are probably other complications with using different size sticks that I don't adequately understand, though it does seem to me that you aren't supposed to do that. Pick a size and use just that size (and type).

Got on the jetski again. No pleased that the one I wanted in the water decided to have a rusty throttle cable, so I get the one with the missing steering fin (has one, not the other right now), but hey, it's a freaking sea-doo. I really can't complain about it that much. Just marvel at how not water tight they are (they are not designed to sit in the water. They are supposed to be running, or lifted out. They don't like water in the pump, and the hulls tend to slowly leak, and the one in use right now has no bilge pump, just siphons which require it to be moving). Given the weather, I can't wear a wetsuit on them, since I'd probably pass out even before I left the dock, though on the flipside it's so warm that a rashguard is perfectly fine.

At some point, I think I also have a picture of the lake trying to float the land section of our dock after that ridiculous rain we had a couple weeks back. It's rare that the water would go high enough that the ramp leading out to the actual dock runs uphill.

Today I helped my best friend redo the work on his garage (no, no service call to save me from hard work today. lol) and it was so hot out this afternoon, when we finally went in our shirts were so soaked with sweat his wife thought it had started raining. :lol:

About the RAM sticks, if the 512MB sticks were slower, the motherboard probably slowed all of them down to that speed (I don't think they can usually handle multiple memory clocks, so they just use the slowest, but I could be making stuff up).

That's my understanding of it. It won't run multiple clock speeds so it defaults to the slower one.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I got a new laptop for school. The laptop itself is really nice, but the Windows 8 UI is so counter-intuitive, ugh.

I wish it was free....

@bonez i'll definitely look into that, i'm having a really tough time getting past the Metro interface. it's not worth messing around with the laptop to try and downgrade, so that may be a good balance.

I wish it was free....

@bonez i'll definitely look into that, i'm having a really tough time getting past the Metro interface. it's not worth messing around with the laptop to try and downgrade, so that may be a good balance.

You could also look into window 8.1 which should be out fairly soon. Apparently it makes it easier to bypass the metro interface (you have the old start button for instance)

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Got a job in Québec City and in the process of moving there.. It was either that province or Ontario for a job, there are no jobs in New Brunswick.

I wish it was free....

You could also look into window 8.1 which should be out fairly soon. Apparently it makes it easier to bypass the metro interface (you have the old start button for instance)

From how I read the things microsoft said about 8.1 it sounded to me as if they were just going to add a start button to enter metro and an option to boot to desktop.

It's so hot today...

How hot is it?

It's this hot...

3DDWp.JPG

...yep, that's a safety cone folded in half from the heat. That's going to keep me really safe. :P It's easily 40 degrees out and it's even worse in the sun on the concrete pad.

You see the black lid on the right side? It's 40" across and bolted down. I had to change four of those, and the concrete was so hot I could feel it on my knees through my kneeling pad and on my hands through two pairs of gloves.

I had to bail on helping my friend continue the work on his garage roof. It's just been too hot for too long and it's starting to make me feel sick if I'm out in it for more than an hour at a time (I'm actually taking a break in my truck right now). I just wasn't made for this much fun in the sun.

Dammit Jim! I'm a Canadian, not a Californian! :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

It's so hot today...

How hot is it?

It's this hot...

3DDWp.JPG

...yep, that's a safety cone folded in half from the heat. That's going to keep me really safe. :P It's easily 40 degrees out and it's even worse in the sun on the concrete pad.

You see the black lid on the right side? It's 40" across and bolted down. I had to change four of those, and the concrete was so hot I could feel it on my knees through my kneeling pad and on my hands through two pairs of gloves.

I had to bail on helping my friend continue the work on his garage roof. It's just been too hot for too long and it's starting to make me feel sick if I'm out in it for more than an hour at a time (I'm actually taking a break in my truck right now). I just wasn't made for this much fun in the sun.

Dammit Jim! I'm a Canadian, not a Californian! :lol:

Two days ago it was 105 F/40.6 C out. I spent all day in a cornfield, which just kind of traps the heat and makes it worse. I got home, saw a billboard with the temp, and was like, "This is complete bullshit."

The next day it was 70 F out, and we worked 2 hours less.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off