Today...

Leoo

We can all unanimously agree on that point; we all attend social occasions with dozens of people we don't know, and we all use alcohol to become more 'loose' and worry a little less about what we're saying and what other people think of us. However, when you feel like you have to use it just to initiate a conversation, that's a problem.

Another point is that the assumption most likely isn't true. If you can generate good conversation while drunk, and the inherent dehydration caused by alcohol means the brain can't work as well as it might when sober, then you can definitely start a good conversation when sober. If "blaming it on alcohol" refers to you playing the fool in order to start the conversation, that's just as valid a conversation starter as any, so long as you don't come across as obnoxious or pining for sympathy.

My point is: you clearly have social skills, so just relax and use them.

My problem isn't that I have no social skills, I know I have, I just don't dare to use them. I'd just rather sit in silence in a party when everyone else is out talking than communicating with someone at said party when sober.

Even when drunk, sometimes I like to just sit down, alone, and have some depressing thoughts. At a party. Happens almost every party.

I know how to keep up a company that I know well, it's just that when I am not in the center of attention, I have no idea what to do, when sober. And so I'd rather let someone else shine and just sit alone...

When drunk, I somehow enjoy other people a bit more and also tend to be a bit more edgy and funny myself, so that I not so large problems.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Are you sure you're not mixing a lack of confidence, or a willingness to socialize, with plain ol' simple introversion? It's perfectly normal to feel 'drained' and like you want a timeout in the middle of a party, especially if you're the type of person who likes to listen and absorb what everyone else is saying. That's not a 'problem', and it's definitely something which alcohol should be self-prescribed for as a cure.

Maybe instead of going to parties where literally the only focus is to drink as much as possible and get acquainted to as many people as possible, which tends to be your usual student-type party where individuals are constantly molding to the social circles around them, perhaps go to a social event about something you have a particular interest. It takes out all the guess work and pretty much hands you a conversation starter.

They're generally much better for individuals who don't feel comfortable socializing with lots of new people they've never met before (in the absence of copious amounts of alcohol), but would rather focus on people with similar interests.

tl;dr: You're using binge drinking as a coping strategy for a problem which, in all seriousness, probably doesn't exist and is something you're worrying far too much over.

God damn this has been a fantastic break so far. Just got back from one of my best nights in recent memory. Just the guys over and we smoked a bit, played some Risk, saw Anchorman 2 (which was just phenomenal, definitely worthy of the name), and came back and just ended up talking until about 3 am, after which we all went to a coney island (a type of 24 hour diner for those who don't live in Michigan) to top off the night. Funny how the nights that are completely unplanned like that tend to be the best ones. Not really sure how interesting the actual holidays will be though but I'm sure I'll manage lol.

Got my results for the first term. From good to bad: Numeracy - 1st, Programming - 2:1, Web Development - 2:1, Technology - 2:2. Was worried I'd fail Tecnology so I'm surprised I didn't get a 3rd. Could have done better but I'm glad I passed everything.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Inb4 everyone gets engaged tomorrow

• Like 2

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

The scroll button on my mouse is slowly starting to fade. How am I going to open pages in new tabs?!?!?!?

Otherwise, one of the worst christmases ever.

And I seriously hate how every single [bleep]ing social network is filled to the brim with christmas wishes and messages. People still are born and die and I want to know that, dammit! Those pics of christmas trees n stuff make it hard...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I went to see desolation of smaug. Tryna get some sashimi now

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

My dad's talking about divorce again. It's a meh day.

I'm sorry to hear that. I know that it can't be very nice, being caught up in the middle of two parents separating; not least on Christmas Day. I hope either way, it's resolved quickly.

Getting the new graphics card to work in my computer has been a bit of a chore. My computer couldn't recognize it when it was installed, though it was still functional. It took a little longer than it should have to just try installing the drivers anyway (also, installing .NET framework takes ages), and that worked just fine. So yay! The new PSU running it has very long cables, most of which are now bunched up between the GPU and PSU, so I'm still a little extra nervous about heating issues, but it seems to be doing alright. I'd be a lot happier if XFX has decided to to make the case for the graphics card cover both sides. It seems like more air would come out the back of the case (rather than circulating hot air around inside the case) if there was a larger restriction forcing air to go out that way, but whatever. The CPU lives below the GPU, so the PSU takes care of most of that anyway.

Had my first game of Monopoly with my parents (Klingon version to boot). Went very well. I won, and no one walked away hating one another, so that's pretty awesome. Been a fantastic couple of days, especially the part where we didn't really do anything on Boxing day. Much nicer to have that relaxing day to recover and then do stuff on the 27th. Just so much better.

Good news, computer is running just fine. Minus one thing now. The HDD is starting to go out... so I have too boot from the bios. Today I had to re-boot 3 times from it so I gave in and bought a new 1TB hard drive from money I got for Christmas. Should be in a couple days. Going to start fresh with everything so no copying anything. A day to myself with my computer :)

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

My dad's talking about divorce again. It's a meh day.

Has he been in a divorce though or only talk of it?

He's been in 2. My mother is his third wife and he wants to divorce her.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.