Today...

Leoo

[hide=]

A lot of stuff has been happening to me over the past few months. First off I dropped out of Concord University and am done with trying to become a teacher or a musician. I will continue to do music for a hobby and give lesson through the salvation army. I didn't want my passion in life to become a job. After talking with music teachers in the area it is apparent (we've known for a while...) that music and the arts are slowly fading away in the school system. 

I am however going to be moving next year to attend Shoreline community college near Seattle Washington. This was brought about because I made a visit to Seattle to see my sister and her husband. My girlfriend and I stayed 4 days in Seattle and saw 'Video Games Live concert on the last night. Concert was a [bleep]ing blast, I cried when they performed Simple and Clean from Kingdom Hearts. To continue about school there, I fell in love with the city in about two days, and I know that the job industry for machinist is booming. Im taking a huge risk to go up there...but I think I can make it happen.

The relationship with my girlfriend is stronger then ever. Couldn't be happier however one issues has came up. She does not want to move far away from her family and friends. With this said the above situation is going to be very difficult for both of us...especially is I deiced to move to Seattle like I want to. Hopefully as time goes along she can hopefully make the move out there once I get a job and truely settled after school.

Health wise I am okay. I have noticed my eyes are slowly getting worse. I know I have no sugar build up from my diabetes behind my eyes but the doctor has said that the disease has had a obvious effect on my vision as a whole. Hopefully I can get even better at maginging my disease and be right as rain.

Job wise I am still working in Wal-mart in electronics (4 year anniversary was on the 11th of this month). However I am looking for a new job and I might have a job with U.S Cellular within the next two weeks. First talent interview yesterday went very well and the recruiter said that he is confident that I'll get the job as long as my second interview goes well.

If you actually took the time to read all of this I thank you. I've been with TIF for 5 years now...longest time I've spent with any community by far and as far as Im concerned I consider a lot fo you (you know who you are) very close friends.

Take care and catch you on the flip side.

Justin

[/hide]

An update on that post I made back in May. Michelle (my gf) has decided that she is going to move out with me next year to Seattle. This...this is something I would hope would happen and thankfully it did. I have been saving for a few months now and she is saving money now as well. We will be looking for a place in the community of Shore Line right outside of Seattle. The uni I'll be going to is there and there is a Wal-Mart out in that area as well so I just request a transfer and  keep working out there. Even though we have been together for such a short amount time...we have grown super super close. I'm not one to talk about super serious things...and just let things happen...but with this move happening next year and Michelle coming out to Seattle with me there is a good possibility she might become my fiancee and future wife. Only time will tell, but I would totally be okay with this.

[hide=Michelle and I]

All of these were taken during our trip out to Seattle.

25znoft.jpg

2ep662r.jpg

34dlpqe.jpg

[/hide]

Work wise I got a promotion at Wal-Mart and will be working in the backroom starting in a couple weeks. The job interview at US Cellular died after the first interview so I never heard anything back. Bummed me out but it forced me to get a promotion and I got it after a lot of bickering with management. Hopefully with a lot of 40 hours weeks ahead of me plus smart money management Michelle and I can get enough cash for Seattle. Also a really good friend of mine and his girl friend might deiced to move to Seattle with us after he graduates from uni with a degree in computer software. If that was to happen...I would flip shit and be so thankful. Again only time will tell.

• Like 1

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

@penguin

The Wii U can be used as a handheld device without a TV if that makes you feel better

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

The Wii did successful because it luckily attracted the market of adults who used it for fitness and more physical-activity-oriented gaming. Imo, Nintendo didn't realize this was why the console sold so well, so they decided to make almost the exact same console with a few changes. Little did they know that the audience who bought all the Wiis weren't looking for a brand new console. Nintendo thought their Wii was selling to gamers, when it really wasn't.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I saw a game theory video on why the Wii U wasn't so successful. He compared it the virtual boy and all his points were spot on.

The Wii did successful because it luckily attracted the market of adults who used it for fitness and more physical-activity-oriented gaming. Imo, Nintendo didn't realize this was why the console sold so well, so they decided to make almost the exact same console with a few changes. Little did they know that the audience who bought all the Wiis weren't looking for a brand new console. Nintendo thought their Wii was selling to gamers, when it really wasn't.

That also makes a lot of sense as well. Most adults who would use the Wii for physical oriented games wouldn't need a new console. If it isn't broke why fix it?

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Doesn't help that due to Nintendo's poor advertising, many parents thought the Wii U was just the gamepad and that it was just an accessory for the Wii.

I played the Wii U a few months back at a bar. It was fun, until we had to use the new controller. I hated it. It completely discounted you from the gaming/social experience. I personally think Nintendo should stop producing consoles, and just become a 3rd party game developer. 

tFtfA.jpg

skyrim + pokemon

nintendo you can have this company-reviving billion dollar IP for $1 million

BatmanSlap_zpscb3667d6.jpg

Worst idea in the world and it's awful that people keep suggesting it.

Yay for saying that something is "the worst idea in the world" without actually saying *why* they think it's a bad idea! \:D/

• Like 1

skyrim + pokemon

nintendo you can have this company-reviving billion dollar IP for $1 million

Worst idea in the world and it's awful that people keep suggesting it.

Yay for saying that something is "the worst idea in the world" without actually saying *why* they think it's a bad idea! \:D/

Because they want to completely scrap something that's had nearly 20 years of constant improvement and tweaking and turn it into a drastically different game with a Pokemon skin. When you get bored of Call of Duty you don't say, "Man, I wish this were more like Phoenix Wright", you go play Phoenix Wright or other similar games. Turning a competitive turn-based RPG into an open world MMO or quest adventure doesn't work unless you completely rework the entire series from the ground up.

Not to mention that Pokemon is a game designed to be simple enough to be played by people of all ages. Can you imagine what an MMO made by Nintendo, who still uses friend codes instead of actual online accounts, would look like? It'd be the tamest game in the world with little to no complexity and be entirely populated by children. Are you aware that Cartoon Network made a MOBA? Saying it's dumbed down from DOTA 2, LoL, and HoN is an understatement. That's what we can expect if Pokemon ever became like Skyrim.

And of course rocco was joking so now I look silly for taking Pokemon so seriously.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

There's nothing wrong with spin-offs, you know.

Making an open-world Skyrim-style Pokémon game doesn't mean they would have to completely end the current style main series.

The amount of resources and effort it would take to make a quality Pokemon game similar to Skyrim would be too much to just make it a spinoff. If Game Freak is still going to work on the main series then that means it'll have to be thrown onto a 3rd party, and how many of those are able to produce games on the scale of Skyrim, add Pokemon to it, and make it good? Notice how every other Pokemon spinoff is either an already established kind of game with a Pokemon skin (Mystery Dungeon, Trozei, Puzzle League), or was really bad (Hey You! Pikachu, Pokemon Channel).

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

The amount of resources and effort it would take to make a quality Pokemon game similar to Skyrim would be too much to just make it a spinoff. If Game Freak is still going to work on the main series then that means it'll have to be thrown onto a 3rd party, and how many of those are able to produce games on the scale of Skyrim, add Pokemon to it, and make it good? Notice how every other Pokemon spinoff is either an already established kind of game with a Pokemon skin (Mystery Dungeon, Trozei, Puzzle League), or was really bad (Hey You! Pikachu, Pokemon Channel).

An open-world Skyrim-style Pokémon game would be an already established kind of game with a Pokémon skin. Not sure what's your point there.

Do note that when we say "Skyrim-style", we don't mean taking Skyrim and making that Pokémon. We mean an open-world game in general.

By the way, "If Game Freak is still going to work on the main series then that means it'll have to be thrown onto a 3rd party, and how many of those are able to produce games on the scale of Skyrim, add Pokemon to it, and make it good?" <-- Doesn't mean the concept itself is rotten to the core. Just because you don't know if there are third-parties who would be able to do it doesn't mean it would be impossible and that it would be a terrible game.

I'm not quite sure how you managed to skip Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD when listing spin-offs, but w/e.

• Like 1

Nintendo is doing an FPS you know. Called Splatoon. I am actually rather interested in this, brings lots of innovation to the table and seems fun.

Wii U has lots of great games. I actually prefer the Wii U controller to any other controller of the previous gen (PS3, X360), maybe more than those of any other current, since I haven't tried them. The gamepad is unbelievably comfortable actually.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

An open-world Skyrim-style Pokémon game would be an already established kind of game with a Pokémon skin. Not sure what's your point there.

Do note that when we say "Skyrim-style", we don't mean taking Skyrim and making that Pokémon. We mean an open-world game in general.

By the way, "If Game Freak is still going to work on the main series then that means it'll have to be thrown onto a 3rd party, and how many of those are able to produce games on the scale of Skyrim, add Pokemon to it, and make it good?" <-- Doesn't mean the concept itself is rotten to the core. Just because you don't know if there are third-parties who would be able to do it doesn't mean it would be impossible and that it would be a terrible game.

I'm not quite sure how you managed to skip Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD when listing spin-offs, but w/e.

I should have specified "simple" games when talking about established games with Pokemon skins. Things like Chess or pinball where you can apply literally any franchise or series and have not much be different.

"You can't be certain it'll be terrible" is a bad argument because you also can't be certain that it'll be good. At least in my case I've said why I believe they won't be good. I left out Colosseum and XD because they're essentially the same as the main games except with a 3D overworld.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

So i just went outside to have a cigarette. Wind is so strong. Can't even see across the street cause of all the dust. I was outside for 5 minutes and i have a 20cm layer of sand on me. To top it all off the wind blew my can of pepsi right out of my hand. And it was the last one too!

• Like 3

^Super intense Noxx...might want to wait on the cig while that's going on lol.

Just woke up and I'm trying to get awake. Did some stretching and ran a couple laps around the house. Right now I am drinking some tea I made this morning and getting ready to shower after I drink my tea. I have became a tea enthusiast as of late. Went to www.teavana.com and started trying different types of lose leaf teas. I try to have at least 2 cups a day but I push to have 3 a day. I have noticed I have lost some weight (around 10 pounds) because I am not drinking soda anymore. Every time I crave a soda I drink two cups of water or tea. 

• Like 1

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

I finished touring Israel with the group I was with, and now I'm at my grandmother's house in Tel Aviv. Just as soon as we came back from the supermarket, we heard the sirens. We went to the shelter, and heard 3 loud booms overhead of the Iron Dome blowing up missiles aimed at Tel Aviv. #OfficiallyinIsrael

• Like 2

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I will never touch a can of 4lokos again in my life

Lol i remember my the first time i touched that stuff. Don't remember what happened after it was opened, but i remember buying it...

• Like 1