Today...

Leoo

One perk of being a psych major: plenty of girls. RPG can probably back me up on that. It's like 75% women to 25% men nowadays. In one of my quiz sections last year, there were about 22 girls vs. me and 1 other guy in the class. I actually wish there were more dudes in some of my classes.

My school is mostly girls but they aren't in our science & engineering college. They're in nursing, liberal arts, or education. Some of them have started applying as engineering majors to get in easier or get scholarships and then transfer to one of those three after they get their core credits...

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Do people actually talk to other people in there class? I mean there are plenty of girls in my classes but I rarely talk to them, or anyone else for that matter. I guess in a small class I do, but most of my classes are like, 50+ people. I guess I just wouldn't rank class very highly as a place to meet girls.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

The thing about being an engineering major girls; the goods are odd - but the odds are good.

And yeah, I can vouch for champ's claim and muggiw's validation. I graduated with a near 85% girl class a BA Psych. Graduated about 600 or so people last spring.

Funny enough, my high school councillor was pushing me to be an engineer, but thats what my dad does and while the money is pretty solid, I would never want to have my dad's job

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Do people actually talk to other people in there class? I mean there are plenty of girls in my classes but I rarely talk to them, or anyone else for that matter. I guess in a small class I do, but most of my classes are like, 50+ people. I guess I just wouldn't rank class very highly as a place to meet girls.

Yes, but not necessarily during class. Think like group projects or study groups pre exams.

I'm majoring in elementary education. Did any of you have a male elementary teacher? I didn't.

My second grade teacher and my fifth grade math teacher. Both were really good, definitely need more of them.

Some reason everything outside smells like wood burning. But good, just wood, not other weird crap that makes it unpleasant.

Waterloo makes you state your major when you apply, so they can balance the gender ratio a little more. At my school, you just apply to the university and then pick your major once you're in. Our engineering college is almost 80% male.

Waterloo makes you state your major when you apply, so they can balance the gender ratio a little more. At my school, you just apply to the university and then pick your major once you're in. Our engineering college is almost 80% male.

This is the way my school is. There were a total of 2 females in my physics class of 40 people last semester.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Here (where Technological is in the name), overall it's a 3:1 male:female ratio but certain departments are more or less balanced than others - biomedical engineering is about 1:1 if not more female-heavy, and nearly every pre-med type major we offer is female dominated (medical lab science, biochemistry, etc). Most of our small liberal arts stuff is again slightly weighted toward females (mostly scientific and technical communication, but we do offer history, anthropology, and English degrees for some reason). The still worst department is computer science/computer engineering where you're hard-pressed to find a girl.

I've not yet been the only female in a class, although the majority of the classes I've taken thus far are either prereqs (math, physics, chemistry) and thus big classes, or major-specific (biomed, so pretty well balanced). I am taking a 3D printing class this fall, it'll be interesting to see how that class is made up (iirc only 15 people in it anyway).

Looking for budget computer speaker+sub suggestions, going to put something in T&C but any ideas? Looking for <$50 USD, also have a side project going on maybe with them...

In college I chatted with classmates regularly, it helped at lot with getting some of the shyer kids to be a little bit more outgoing in discussions and junk. I don't remember very well what my class ratio was for guys to girls cause it varied so much from class to class. 

tFtfA.jpg

In my uni, at first years on most majors guys-girls are pretty much equal, on comp sci and physics a bit more guys, but by second or third year it pretty much evens out and girls start to dominate. In nearly every major.

French for example, no guys at all started last year.

And I might be a racist in mind, but I treat people equally. In fact, it is scientifically proven that everyone is a bit racist, more welcoming towards their own.

But I think this topic is settled.

In other news, bought me 2 knives. First proper woodcraft knives I've ever bought, from Morakniv. Started whittling a bit, managed to cut about 5 mm's into my finger...

Hoping practice makes it better.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

We switched our internet to Comcast instead of CenturyLink because it was actually cheaper. As bad of a company as Comcast is, at least our internet is significantly faster now. CenturyLink blows.

Got some new internet :)

3651337482.png

God I cannot wait until I move there next year.

Small EDIT: Also the past few days I have been dealing with 3 ingrown toe nails in both of my big toes...I had a ingrown removed last year and it was a [bleep]. I can only imagine both toes being cut opened for this  -_-

Sucks, dude. I have no toenails on either big toe now because of that, I highly recommend it if it keeps happening to you. One they just went in and took the root out, after the initial attempt on the other toe took three or four tries with increasingly strong acid (strong enough that it had to get mixed at the hospital and kept in a glass bottle) that I said screw it, just cut it out. Fun fact to share though.

Hopefully won't go that route unless need be. It sucks for me because I am diabetic and any infect that sets up in my feet really sucks. Have to limit those as much as possible.

In other news just got off at work and I'm enjoying a Angry orchard Hard Cider. Not my favorite beer...but it is my favorite cider, a lot better then Red's apple ale. Worked six straight and I deserve a couple drinks :) The guinea pig I was going to get will be named Sophie (all the guinea pigs they sale are girls) based off the movie Howls Moving Castle.

I find it funny that most of post now and days are super easy going. I guess that also makes me fairly invisible on the forums. Ah well \o/!

Make sure you live somewhere with CondoInternet service, it's gigabit internet and only 80/mo for it. Great customer service too. 

Also, try the Angry Orchard Elder Apple or something. It's pretty different, but really good.

• Like 1
2s0cxth.png

Today I realized how much has changed when I logged into my Runescape account, found 20M missing from my bank, and didn't care.

Side-note: What the hell did they do to Runescape?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I've actually been playing OSRS pretty casually, it's not bad. Just enough nostalgia, but still a little too grindy.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I wish I could check up on my old RS character. I forgot the password and the email's password. :rolleyes:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Yeah I've lost access to my main account a while back. Never getting those thousands of hours back lol

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I took a class last year where in the lecture, there were about 120 girls and like 15 guys. In my discussion group, there were 25 girls and 3 guys. How about those ratios?

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I took a class last year where in the lecture, there were about 120 girls and like 15 guys. In my discussion group, there were 25 girls and 3 guys. How about those ratios?

Was it a non-core literature class?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg