Today...

Leoo

Made a day trip to NY as a pilgrimage to a Diner that had roots in my hometown. Got to hang with the owners nephew and got free cookies. Exit 30 is open on i-95 again, and my Real Friends preorder came in. All in all, yesterday was a pretty awesome day.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Come to the Midwest, Steve

The midwest scares me.
Canada is superior.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves now.
Canada is filled with all sorts of strange things, like grizzly beers and Canadians.
Yeah like Labatts and alpine.

Everyone loves our beer though. Better than the watered down crap they call beer in the states.  ;)

j0xPu5R.png

Yes we do, but Norway, England and Germany are pretty on point

So the LAN event i was meant to attend a few weeks ago ended up being postponed to last weekend. We finished second, which is pretty alright. Could have had a first place finish but i had to carry a bit in the last match. It was basic e-sport rules (Black Ops 2) so we played Hardpoint, CTF, and SnD. We won the first Hardpoint, lost the CTF, won the SnD, lost the second Hardpoint and CTF and then ended up losing the last SnD 5-6. My friend got a whopping 1 kill the last SnD, so yeah. But all in all it was a pretty fun experience. I thought we would be the two oldest people there, but most of the guys were around our age except for 2 teams (i think they were 18 or something).

Saturday me and my girlfriend went out for a late dinner. My car has had a strange rattle for the past month or so, but i couldn't figure out what it was. I checked around the back of the car a few times, checked the tires, etc. but still couldn't figure it out. Then on Saturday on our way out i pulled over on the side of the road because it was really bothering me now. Realised that my back left tire was... i don't know how to explain it, but it had like a huge tear in it.probably about 20 cm long. It wasn't deep enough to deflate the tire, but you could see the tear clearly. So i drove to a place where i could change it. There were no gas stations near by, so i was stuck having to change it myself. Not a big issue because i've had to change tires a few times before on some of my old cars. I thought it would be as simple as my old car (Audi) but i was in for a surprise. Took me about an hour to change it, but i got it done. One thing i can say though, changing an Audi's tire is soooooooooooo much easier than changing a Mustang's tire. The Audi's jack (if i remember correctly) was automatic and it was very clearly marked where you had to place it. The Mustang's was not. The jack was shitty, and i had to struggle for about 10 minutes to find out where to put it. On top of that, the bolts were so tight. Oh and to make things even better i had to do this at around 10pm, in ~35 degree heat with ~50% humidity. I was pretty much drenched in sweat afterwards.

But now my car is running smooth again, and i feel a lot safer.

I personally wouldn't buy a Wii u, but my buddy brings his around a lot and Mario cart is pretty stellar

I want a PS4 for KH3 and FFXV, and I want a Wii-U for Mario Kart and Zelda.

WHY CAN'T THERE JUST BE ONE UNIVERSAL CONSOLE SYSTEM.

Cause money.

• Like 1

Today I found out Nintendo had this on their support website.

Nintendo is still around?

Nintendo has the handheld market on lockdown and even though the Wii U got a slow start it's rising in popularity.

Ahh, that makes sense. Don't personally know a soul with a Wii U and I just looked up sales and they're pretty dismal, but I'd completely forgotten about handhelds.. Don't really know what handhelds they still make but I remember the ole gamebody advance pretty well

Today I found out Nintendo had this on their support website.

Nintendo is still around?
Nintendo has the handheld market on lockdown and even though the Wii U got a slow start it's rising in popularity.

Ahh, that makes sense. Don't personally know a soul with a Wii U and I just looked up sales and they're pretty dismal, but I'd completely forgotten about handhelds.. Don't really know what handhelds they still make but I remember the ole gamebody advance pretty well

How big is the market for handhelds though? With high-quality games on smartphones, how many people will still spend their money on an extra hand-held?

Apparently ~43m 3ds' sold to date, which is just under half the lifetime sales of the original Wii. I'd argue handheld games are far superior in quality to the majority of smartphone games.

• Like 1

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

So idk if this has been proposed or w/e.. But why don't they (Nintendo) just scrap their attempt on console gaming and just focus strictly on handhelds? I, like many of us I'm sure, LOVED the N64.. But the Wii blew in my opinion and the Wii U is not doing well according to sales.. Regardless, the handheld niche is bigger than I'd realized.

• Like 1

It definitely is their strength by far. Their console games are still pretty consistently awesome though, just they don't seem to want to do something with a standard control system which I guess alienates a lot of consumers, especially in the case of the WiiU. I'm glad that situation is improving though.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

So idk if this has been proposed or w/e.. But why don't they (Nintendo) just scrap their attempt on console gaming and just focus strictly on handhelds? I, like many of us I'm sure, LOVED the N64.. But the Wii blew in my opinion and the Wii U is not doing well according to sales.. Regardless, the handheld niche is bigger than I'd realized.

The Wii was a huge commercial success though, with over 101 million sales worldwide.

Meanwhile, the N64 had 32 million sales worldwide.

For comparison's sake, Sony's system at the time (the PS1) sold 102 million.

And if we take this further, the GameCube sold 22 million worldwide, while the PS2 sold 153 million.

They ARE currently failing hard with the Wii U though, I'll give you that.

Well I wasn't saying that they failed, just that Nintendo were comparatively much less popular than the competition.

In comparison, GB/C sold over 118 million, all GBA models sold over 81 million in total, the DS sold nearly 154 million.

The only competitor still in the race at the time was Sony with the PSP, really. That did really well as well, however, with 80 million rounded up (so the DS line sold a bit less than twice as much as the PSP.)

Then the 3DS already sold 43 million units (couldn't tell for the Vita unless I find the numbers, I had 9 million as of january 2013 but the 3DS' numbers were from March 2014)

All that just to say Nintendo might as well switch the focus to handhelds 100%. I really like the Wii U's potential, but they really don't seem to be willing to actually make use of it.

I mean, they showed a concept video of what Zelda on Wii U could look like (if you guys remember that Zelda trailer they made to show off what the system was capable of) and it looked stunning, then they end up releasing a sub-par HD re-release of Wind Waker, a Dynasty Warriors + Legend of Zelda mash up and a cel-shaded open-world Zelda.

Now don't get me wrong I don't mind the cel-shaded look, but it would be really nice if we could have games with graphics that really push the system's capabilities, you know?

Graphics isn't the most important part of games, sure, but if they have the possibility of making the graphics really good, but don't do it...

I mean you could have the same game, same gameplay and everything, only difference being one has cartoony graphics and one has much more realistic and immersive HD graphics...

People are used to super good graphics on PC and/or XBox/Playstation, if they look at the games on Wii U and don't see anything that catches their eyes they probably won't look any further into it, while if they had super good graphics they'd probably be more likely to investigate more, maybe take an interest in said game and eventually buy the system.

• Like 1

My brother just bought a Wii U today.

It is a pretty amazing piece of hardware.

And that SSBU and new Zelda coming out next year, Wii U should be an easier sell than PS4 or Xbone. Lots of quality titles are already out. Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, ZombiU, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2 shall be a Wii U exclusive and many kids and party games have best versions on Wii U.

Nintendo ain't selling on graphics but you gotta admit they do make fun.

PS: Almost bought the collectors edition of Mario Kart 8, with the statue of the blue shell :D

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Well I wasn't saying that they failed, just that Nintendo were comparatively much less popular than the competition.

In comparison, GB/C sold over 118 million, all GBA models sold over 81 million in total, the DS sold nearly 154 million.

The only competitor still in the race at the time was Sony with the PSP, really. That did really well as well, however, with 80 million rounded up (so the DS line sold a bit less than twice as much as the PSP.)

Then the 3DS already sold 43 million units (couldn't tell for the Vita unless I find the numbers, I had 9 million as of january 2013 but the 3DS' numbers were from March 2014)

All that just to say Nintendo might as well switch the focus to handhelds 100%. I really like the Wii U's potential, but they really don't seem to be willing to actually make use of it.

I mean, they showed a concept video of what Zelda on Wii U could look like (if you guys remember that Zelda trailer they made to show off what the system was capable of) and it looked stunning, then they end up releasing a sub-par HD re-release of Wind Waker, a Dynasty Warriors + Legend of Zelda mash up and a cel-shaded open-world Zelda.

Now don't get me wrong I don't mind the cel-shaded look, but it would be really nice if we could have games with graphics that really push the system's capabilities, you know?

Graphics isn't the most important part of games, sure, but if they have the possibility of making the graphics really good, but don't do it...

I mean you could have the same game, same gameplay and everything, only difference being one has cartoony graphics and one has much more realistic and immersive HD graphics...

People are used to super good graphics on PC and/or XBox/Playstation, if they look at the games on Wii U and don't see anything that catches their eyes they probably won't look any further into it, while if they had super good graphics they'd probably be more likely to investigate more, maybe take an interest in said game and eventually buy the system.

Ahh, makes sense. I pretty much agree that they should focus solely on handhelds at this point.. But Jesus I had no idea the PSP did that well

I want a PS4 for KH3 and FFXV, and I want a Wii-U for Mario Kart and Zelda.

My girl friend and I will be getting a PS4 soon and I'll be getting both KH3 and FFXV when they come out. Haven't owned a console in 3 years but I'll have no choice when those games come out. I guess I could not but them...but that wouldnt be fun :TWSS:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]