Today...

Leoo

Uhh, just saw that Season 1 of Red vs. Blue is on Netflix now. So that's what I'm doing now, lol.

Yeah, notcied that yesterday. I have not seen Red vs Blue in a long time, and I haven't seen much of it. But I'm also watching Angel right now because I never got around to that after watching Buffy. I am so behind on my other Netflix shows too, but it's nice to not be wanting for shows to watch which does happen to me every couple months.

Over the past few days, I've moved from Minneapolis to Seattle and have been looking for apartments. The move was pretty traumatizing for my cat, with car/plane/bus/tram rides, but she's doing much better. I've found an apartment downtown that is 1315 (which is cheap for seattle) per month, with 200 per month parking. It's pretty insane, coming from my 350 per month apartment before. Probably going to sign the lease on Monday. There's a rooftop garden/grill/dining area, where you can see Mt Rainier, the Olympics, Space Needle, Downtown, and Pugent Sound which is really awesome.

What neighborhood? 

tFtfA.jpg

Over the past few days, I've moved from Minneapolis to Seattle and have been looking for apartments. The move was pretty traumatizing for my cat, with car/plane/bus/tram rides, but she's doing much better. I've found an apartment downtown that is 1315 (which is cheap for seattle) per month, with 200 per month parking. It's pretty insane, coming from my 350 per month apartment before. Probably going to sign the lease on Monday. There's a rooftop garden/grill/dining area, where you can see Mt Rainier, the Olympics, Space Needle, Downtown, and Pugent Sound which is really awesome.

I thought Bev was going to keep the cat?

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Moving on up in the world!

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

As someone who has been dying to live in a high-rise apartment for years... You have no idea how jealous I am of you right now.

I've had probably 12 hours sleep over the past 4 days. I feel so freaking burned out. On the up-side I've changed job service providers to someone more .... knows what they're doing, and I'm doing my diploma via college now instead of distance. So hopefully shit's going to start sorting itself out.

Popoto.~<3

On my phone and can't multiquote -

Steve - right on the edge of first hill and Capitol Hill, close to downtown

Gabe - we didn't know where she was living next year and if they'd have cats, plus I'd be alone where she'd have roommates

Rpg - literally :p I'm only on the fourth floor though, there was a room on the 14th floor but it was 1800 a month. I'll just be on the roof a lot!

Tim - me too! Been waiting to move to seattle for four years... Hopefully your college stuff works out too

I'll post a panorama when I move in, on the 12th or 13th

2s0cxth.png

Just dropped my parents off at the Airport. They'll be spending the next 3 weeks in France and Italy. Meanwhile i have 4 bottles of Jack, 4 bottles of Absolute, 8 cases of beer, 2 bottles of tequila and 500 M^2 of house ready for a party.

• Like 1

You looking for a project X?

In other news, as any of you might have heard anything about the Singing Revolution or anything, we are having our Song and Dance Festival right now. Comes once every 5 years, this year ~31000 singers, ~10500 dancers, there have been 122 000 tickets sold and the main concert is tomorrow. In comparison, our population is 1.2 million, so around 12% of our total population is on one field.

The whole place looks like this:

HNnkxOU.jpg

And that is just the singers from the main REHEARSAL, where there was at least a quarter missing.

And this is what that place looked like from my spot on the arena today:

gU9x1XA.jpg

That truly is the party for the people. Everyone is singing national songs, dancing folk dances, wearing folk clothes from their home neighbourhood.

Lots of Estonians who have through times moved elsewhere in the world, come together for this festival and all disagreements are forgotten. Hundreds of second or even third-generation Estonian Americans use this event to come to the place of their roots and to uphold their culture.

Different types of choirs and even some orchestras all over the country come together to this one place, people of all ages, political beliefs or whatever.

SJFI88E.jpg

Who can't come, watches the whole thing live on national tv. It is broadcasted on radio, tv, all news outlets, everything. The whole country works for whole thing. Our premiere conductors come to this event. For free. Conductors like Eri Klas and Neeme Järvi, who have conducted most major American orchestras and Berlin Kammerorkestra among others. They are privileged to come here. The whole event is free for the performers aswell, who also get free transport from their hometowns and free accommodation, board and transport in the city for the duration of the festival. Ticket price is as low as it is possible to make and the thing has boatloads of larger and smaller sponsors. You can't be a successful and loved corporation in here and not donate for the song festival.

And come on, check this pic of orchestras:

1CBDI2N.jpg

Every single person on that picture plays an instrument. And again, that is just during the rehearsal.

Our president held a speech and then made a selfie on the stage with the singers. It is trending on numerous outlets right now, you might notice it around.

I am a singer for the alumni choir of my high school. And as I am tall, handsome and sporty, I were to be the one to carry a flag. Now a bit better pic of me with the flag is on the RL pics thread, but here is a pic of me in action:

PcGkl2Y.jpg

During certain songs, most of the field cries. It is such holiness, such common connection, feeling of being a nation that I haven't ever felt otherwise. I also travelled across the sea to get to this festival. I had to take free days off from work, just so I could come here. And I don't regret a single cent that I have lost.

• Like 1

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

It's taken four years but it finally happened. I got my first ever traffic ticket for running a red light. Although I'm tempted to say that it doesn't count because I wasn't actually caught by a police officer, but by one of those traffic cameras. Oh well, I could have used that $75...

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ox72IFFxF4

This is the main concert from today. I was on stage for the last 1,5 hours plus another half an hour that wasn't broadcasted... I am visible on quite a few close-ups.

In the last 30 mins you can see how the whole field is standing up, everyone from ages 9 months to a 98-year old wheelchair bound old man, standing up on his son and a cane, half the field is crying, men and women.

The concert was viewed by well over half the population of our country.

Next festival is in 5 years. I suggest you start booking flights. It is the 150th anniversary of the festival.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Having one of those nights where I'm thinking about my past. This is the only game forum I still use. Crazy that we all have different reasons for joining here as well as staying or leaving but are unified by Runescape. For a long time I regretted the amount of time I spent in game, and I still sort of do to a lesser degree.. But OT makes it feel significantly more worthwhile. I'll never get those hours back, but I did get a community I can talk to about anything. Pretty cool.

• Like 2

If anyone is even moderately knowledgeable about Android phones, please let me know. I'm having an issue where my device is strangely depleting the [bleep] out of my battery for some reason.

In the "Power" section in the settings, it's showing that my phone is "awake" for hours at a time even when I'm not using it at all. It just started this a few days ago, when I noticed that my battery was suddenly horrible. Sometimes it stops being "awake" except for when I'm actually using the phone, but it seems like most of the time now it's doing this crap. Here's a screenshot so you can visualize it.

[hide]gtJA9jr.png[/hide]

Clearly something happens after like 6pm, but I have no idea what. I've tried Googling to no real avail. Help plz. I know I should technically post this in that tech forum but I also know that nobody actually goes there and no one would see this so ya

@Ring: most likely, that's what I'm trying to figure out. I'm pretty sure it's some rogue app that's starting itself up when the phone in locked, but currently I'm trying to find out what it is via some app that detects "wakelocks."

@Bonez: yeah, a little bit, but I usually turn it off and go to charge it. I don't think it's really relevant though, because the phone becomes awake at random times in the day.

Okay, so 153 000 was the amount of tickets sold for the Song Festival. Add the 31 000 singers and probably about half of the 10 000 dancers of the Dance Festival and so it makes up a good 15% of the population singing national songs at one time in one spot. And that wasn't a one day thing, the spectacle lasted for a week for dancers and 3 days for singers.

Pretty [bleep]ing huge event, don't you think?

And awesome human waves.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Well that problem with my phone constantly being awake seems to have fixed itself somehow, no idea why since I didn't really do anything. It'll probably come back soon, but oh well, it survived today....

Also, got my new DSLR in the mail today. Just learning the basics for now, but I'm excited to attempt taking some actual pictures tomorrow.

Champ, it could be a game app struggling to launch or update. It could also be your GPS sensor going nuts when you go where ever it is you went around 645pm. I've noticed that when my Galaxy S3 searches for signal or location for more than a few seconds, the battery melts worse than wax in an oven.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

You 'muricans don't even have national songs...

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Champ, it could be a game app struggling to launch or update. It could also be your GPS sensor going nuts when you go where ever it is you went around 645pm. I've noticed that when my Galaxy S3 searches for signal or location for more than a few seconds, the battery melts worse than wax in an oven.

Yeah my S3's battery dies much quicker when I don't have 4G.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.