Today...

Leoo

What makes a programming language bad? I mean, I get that if you code a lot, you're going to have preferences with certain things, but a lot of what I've read online claims that different languages are good for different things. Honestly, I kind of feel like this conversation is a prime example of the Dunning Kruger effect (Myself included). I'm assuming that most of the people contributing to this conversation are undergrads (correct me if I'm wrong) and that they aren't experts on the subject. I'd really appreciate links to something backing up your claims that MATLAB and R are horrible languages that shouldn't exist and that you're not just speculating.

Edit: Man, I'm a pretentious [bleep].

Edit: ^ Yeah, that.

A language is bad when I don't enjoy using it. That's the only criteria and it's entirely subjective.

If that's a valid criteria, then [bleep] python. Worst language in existence, I'd rather use block programming.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Edit: ^ Yeah, that.

A language is bad when I don't enjoy using it. That's the only criteria and it's entirely subjective.

If that's a valid criteria, then [bleep] python. Worst language in existence, I'd rather use block programming.

I literally cannot read python. Too much whitespace.

• Like 1

R is like, kind of okay.  I'm not much of a programmer and it's my first language but it could be worse.  Anyways, I'll update about CMJ later.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Ooh, programming stuff.

Although not really a language, the syntax for LDAP settings with Subversion is terrible, and I hate it. Took me way to long to work out that one variable supports and requires "" to contain stuff, but the next variable was close to identical in purpose and didn't. Totally illogical and random.

Normally use Python though, which is pretty fun and easy to read imo. Sorry Meredith

To actually use the thread's title, Today I should be getting paid which means I can finally upgrade my computer's GPU. \:D/

(and maybe get Windows as an alternative boot, though not sure about that yet)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I am so behind in my studies. About 99% sure I fail something.

But I got to go to Riga and drink as much as I wanted for a weekend, so I got that going for me...

Also got a free trip to Brussels with free drinks at the end of November...

And I have something happening every single freaking weekend until December. And pretty much every single evening is full of events...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

If you care whether you are going to fail or not clear the evenings and weekends you need. Unless Estonia is different there is no requirement for you to do anything but school while in school.

I am in university. That means nobody cares.

I need to work to earn money to be able to afford to be in the university.

And I am not too bad out if I fail something, it affects my GPA but it is absolutely rubbish anyways and I have some extra credits.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I am going to go so nuts this Halloween just assume im dead if you dont hear form me after the 2nd

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I went shopping and ran into a classmate from high school. I wouldn't even really call him a friend. I mean, we didn't not get along or anything; we were just never really close. Anyway, he stopped me and asked how life was etc. and it was pretty awkward due to a combination of me being socially inept and not being prepared for it. I genuinely didn't recognize him at first and it took me a few seconds to even remember who he was. Then we awkwardly parted ways and I walked out to my car, only to realize I parked on the opposite side of the shopping complex, so I had to walk back in and he definitely saw me. I'm not mad at him or anything for stopping me and saying hi. If anything, I'm grateful because when I was in high school I didn't really have any friends and it was cool that he even remembered me.

Oh, also, remember how I said my one professor cancelled class a few times this semester? She cancelled class for the fifth time today. Now she's offering extra credit for those of us in the Monday-Wednesday section who go to class during the Tuesday-Thursday section, but me and at least one other classmate have class during that time, so he wrote an angry email to her.