Today...

Leoo

About to go hiking with a friend.  She has no idea how truly out of shape I am, so hopefully I can fake my way through it.  I think it's going to be a pretty short hike though.

• Like 1

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Skype won't work for me - it shows the blue loading circle but Skype Home won't load nor can I send/receive any messages. I talked to a few other people on RS and apparently Skype is down...anyone else having this problem or know of a fix? If it's a problem on Microsoft's behalf, I hope they get it up again soon...

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I don't know what it is but there's something about Canada that is making me really happy.

Maybe it's the people I've met, or the weather (currently) or the interesting lectures, or the food... but whatever it is I'm just feeling really optimistic lately and that's not the most common emotion I feel in my life. I struggle with depression every now and again but I've only had one breakdown since I've got here and that was relatively minor (lasted about an hour probably but went away when I found a nice space to sit and look at the scenery) and it was the second day so I like to think it doesn't count. I thought I would be homesick but I think I might actually be less stressed now that I'm away from my family and my boyfriend  :o I know that none of what happens back home is in my control so I worry less, isn't that great? I haven't had to take any of the medicines I normally take for my problems as well so to be in such a positive state of mind is such a dream.

I went to the Niagara falls and it was just such a wonderful day in so many ways. I made some new friends and the weather was lovely, there were some pretty funny moments such as when we started walking through some woods and a Canadian girl asks us "Have any of you seen a bear before?". She was randomly asking, not because she had spotted a bear! 

We got on a boat and were sailed close to the falls where the mist fills the air and makes it feel like it's lightly raining. There was also a rainbow which I managed to capture. As well as this I finally managed to get a shot of a Canadian flag blowing in the wind at exactly the right moment. I don't know why I've been challenging myself to capture a shot of one but it's tricky with the wind so I guess I've had a bit of fun with it. Some people are birdwatchers... I'm a flagwatcher. I went to a poetry slam on Friday which I really enjoyed. There's a really cool variety of things to do here...it's not all about getting drunk and trying to make drunken memories like it is back home but more about the people you spend time with, the activities you do and the laughs you have. I won't lie, I did kind of miss the 'reckless' Freshers theme we have at home, but I'm really settling into Canadian life.

24d1mqv.png

I gave my first proper tip at a restaurant (I'm learning!) and just had a wonderfully chilled day.

I was knackered so I came home and slept. I had an 8.30 lecture on cell necrosis followed by an immunology lecture at 9.30.

I'll go to a session at 1.30 on 'Preparing for exams' because I'm just that dedicated  :rolleyes:

Might go to the mall or come home but after that I'll go to the Debating Society at 5.30 and meet some new people.

I'm absolutely loving my year abroad so far...

I can talk in one chat, but in others messages are indefinitely pending. And glad to hear you're having a good time there Maddy :).

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Seems like we have a fair number of Canadians around here. Have we done a "country" poll recently?

There. I made one.

http://strawpoll.me/5548501

• Like 2

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Yeah, it was worgen again when I got up, then it's broken again.

Phew.

I've been trying to call my mum on Skype and it hasn't been working.

Thankfully calls to Canada are very cheap from the UK so we had a 30 minute conversation this afternoon.

I feel like you should probably just move to Canada if you like it this much

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Far too early to think about that. Been here about 3 weeks. I might be loving it but I know not to jump to conclusions. I might hate it in a week, in a month, or it might just not be the place for me. It might just be the fact that I'm away from the main sources of stress in my life. I have a lot to figure out over the course of the year. I'm looking forward to seeing how well I'll deal with winter. I don't know why but my friend wants to go to Winnipeg at some point

You're famous now!

Jump on the opportunity imo, could probably get even bigger than that.

I agree with this. Continue to stream if you enjoy it. Who wouldn't want to play video games and get free subscriber money?

Also. Excuse the horrible camera. A generation 3 ipod really shows its age with such a crappy camera.

19509_s.gif

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

I don't think 4k viewers is all that much. I'm not really sure though. I make a pretty earnest living already and enjoy what i do. I always thought of it, but I was little to no video editing skills. Most streamers also have youtube channels.

4k viewers is a huge amount lol.

I also didn't mean quit your job and stream. I just mean keep streaming in your free time if you want to and see if you continue to hold a large audience.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

I need to start marking holidays on my calendar. Got dressed for work and shit, got in my car and realised there was like zero traffic. Half-way to work there was still no traffic so i checked my phone only to realise it was the first day of Eid. So i have the next few days off. Figure i might use this to buy a new car. Just need to decide what. I've at least narrowed it down to a Benz C63, Audi RS5, or BMW M6. Maserati was still a bit out of reach unless i didn't go out for like the next 3 or 4 months. And the ones within my price range weren't all that nice either, to be honest.

Do you really need a new car after a raise?

What is the matter with your old one?

I'd rather go on a trip somewhere nice and put some monthly on a savings account. Specially if I lived in such a volatile region as Qatar.

• Like 1

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc