Today...

Leoo

I appreciate all posts on OT that keep it worth looking at from time to time

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

TIF is the only forum where I've been even remotely invested in, I also like all kinds of posts here.

I have agreed and tried some of muggi's advice from time to time, mostly works, but sometimes doesn't.

Everything needs to be put through personal background.

In other news, back home and had my first class of the year. Fun to see, every year 3 in the natural sciences in one huge class... I know nearly half the people there. And there are less than a half from those who started two years ago. Everyone seems wiser and more experienced and pretty much is aswell.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

So sorry to hear that :(. Were there many injured/killed? I guess it will be on the news tomorrow...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

My dad bought me a used mechanical movement from a grandfather clock. So now I've got to figure out how to make it work and make a clock with it. I guess I'm going to make a wooden case for it and everything too.

@Ammako

Do you have a region freeor Japanese DS? I wouldn't think that you could play the Japanese cart on an American console.

The Nintendo DS was region free until the DSi (and then only DSi titles were region-locked and even then only on the DSi [or later, 3DS]).

I have Pokemon: Schwarze Edition 2. Used it to RNG perfect Dittos of all the viable natures (essentially all but the neutral ones [i.e., Quirky] and the "lower defense, higher special defense" and vice versa), Trick Room Dittos, and viable Hidden Power Dittos with both Timid and Modest natures (Ice, Electric, Grass, Fire, Rock, Ground, and Fighting). For reference, this is 32 different Dittos...

Why? Well: the Hidden Grotto in the crater with Kyurem could spawn a Ditto. Simply RNG the Grotto to spawn a Ditto, and then RNG the Ditto. I could have done this on my English copy, but then I would have English Dittos, which are less useful for breeding than a foreign Ditto. Since I can't read Japanese (well, I only speak/read English), I chose a European edition so I could quickly translate anything, if necessary (during the "story" and to verify natures/characteristics when RNGing the Dittos).

That being said, Gen. V are considered DSi games, as they are DSi-enhanced. So I wouldn't be able to play 'em. On my DS, maybe, but I wouldn't be able to play 'em on my 3DS which puts me off from buying them.

I don't really want to bother with getting Japanese versions of Gen V-VI for that reason.

Show-off time~

QgO0YH2.jpg

The sticker on my FireRed screwed up... I hate that... It's developed some kind of air bubbles under the layer of transparent stuff and it's never been the same since.

You don't have Pokemon Yellow? For shame sir. (Unless you said earlier that you do/don't have it... :P)

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I have ask of them up until the DS generation, which I only have white and heart gold?I forget now. But I also grew up with it all so I never thought of the games as much of a collection

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

First day since i started working there that i stayed a full 8 hours. I don't know how people do 8 hours behind a desk 5 days a week. It would be okay if i was busy the whole time, but at least 3 or 4 hours a day i sit there and do nothing. Moved into my own "office" today as well. Pretty much no bigger than a shoe-box and the view ain't that great either. Has my name on the door though, so that's pretty cool. Also getting business cards in a week, so that's exciting. Had to go buy some proper work attire as well today. I usually just wore whatever i felt like, to work and then i'd wear a suit whenever we had meetings with clients. But seeing as i'm in a managerial position now, i figured i should dress the part. Bought a few new Armani suits and shirts. Still need to get shoes though. Rip 1 months salary in about 2 hours.

I started with the GBA Red/Blue remakes. To be honest, I suggested to my mom that my brother would probably enjoy the Pokemon games, and I had, at best, a vague understanding of the series (I couldn't stand the show or the extreme popularity of the card game throughout elementary school and didn't know it was a video game first, and a Nintendo first-party series at that). So he got LeafGreen for some special occasion. Perhaps a year later, I stumbled across the game and found out he had never won the game, and in fact, had restarted with Bulbasaur as his starter at some point. Still in Pallet Town, I decided to play it.

That was a mistake. Now I have physical copies of FireRed, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, HeartGold, Black, White 2, Schwarze 2*, X, and OmegaRuby. On top of that, I have made digital copies of my games (using my AceKard 2i or SuperCard DSTWO flash carts, EZ-Flash 3in1 expansion pack, and your bog standard DS Lite) and my brother's games (LeafGreen, Pearl, SoulSilver, and White). Then there's the spin-offs... and the Ditto merchandise... save me...

*: However, it's not in my "box" of Pokemon games. I have no frigging clue where it is, actually... this bothers me. It took a month to get here from Germany and cost upwards of a new DS game.

ozXHe7P.png

Had a health scare last night at bloody 2am, was stuck in hospital until 5am until one of the receptionist wenches said "It'll be another 2 hours as those people have priority", pointing to a baby with bogan-ass parents who were clearly on meth So I went home. gotta wait until Friday to see a GP and get checked.

Otherwise; savings is amassing, bills paid, Ive got a big LAN at the uni this weekend so booze and games all weekend (and I'll probably be the token gay), saving to move into my own place hopefully before my 25th and I've started dieting better and I plan on joining up to the gym opposite work because I get 50% off.

Popoto.~<3

You don't have Pokemon Yellow? For shame sir. (Unless you said earlier that you do/don't have it... :P)

Screw Yellow.

That was a mistake. Now I have physical copies of FireRed, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, HeartGold, Black, White 2, Schwarze 2*, X, and OmegaRuby. On top of that, I have made digital copies of my games (using my AceKard 2i or SuperCard DSTWO flash carts, EZ-Flash 3in1 expansion pack, and your bog standard DS Lite) and my brother's games (LeafGreen, Pearl, SoulSilver, and White). Then there's the spin-offs... and the Ditto merchandise... save me...

I did the same thing :p mainly because for some reason, my DS games don't co-operate anymore and it's difficult to get them to be read by my DS or 3DS. And I figured it would be useful to have them all in one place instead of having to swap cartridges every time. Can keep the real ones safe in my stuff while I play with that instead... if I ever decide to play 'em again, that is. Keep losing interest after 15 minutes.

My Diamond was a real pain, that it was... Hard to get it to be read. Once it was though, was good to go. Ended up prying it open a while back so I could clean the contacts more easily, but that doesn't seem to work. Now the two halves don't stay in place anymore, falls apart all the time :p I don't mind though.

Platinum didn't co-operate too well either, but was easier to make it work. I don't get why my DS games seem to all do that and stop being readable, when my GBA ones always work as good as new.

The awkward moment of walking into an elevator, hitting the buttons, nothing happening, walking out, and asking the security guard why the elevator doesn't work...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

gg $1600. Had to do some major maintenance on my car, which included getting a new timing belt because I couldn't go past 50 mph and I lost my glasses

Ouch. Just lots my second engine in as many months to timing belts. Get them changed.

So sorry to hear that :(. Were there many injured/killed? I guess it will be on the news tomorrow...

One professor killed, the killer later committed suicide, and then we found out that he also killed his girlfriend.

Shootings every day, if guns keep being as freely available.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Until people become more amenable to either stricter controls on guns or better healthcare for mental illness, I unfortunately don't see any way out of these sorts of tragedies...it just saddens me.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

People who believe stricter gun control will solve (or at least reduce) the problem are probably in for a rude awakening. If you take a country like South Africa as an example, they implemented stricter gun regulations like 8 or 10 years ago. Since then, the number of gun related deaths has been fluctuating in the same region (give or take a few hundred deaths). There was no rapid decline, and there never will be. By bringing in stricter gun laws all you're doing is growing the black market for weapons and theoretically funding criminals. If someone wants to use a gun, they're going to use a gun. No gun policy is going to change this. I don't know why people always jump on the "we need better gun control" bandwagon. Sure, you can't exactly compare a country like South Africa to America, but right now it's the best example i could think of off the top of my head. 

• Like 4

I don't think 8-10 years is enough time..and well South Africa probably has other issues, like poverty (?). Not to mention, how secure are their borders if people want to just smuggle them in or buy them from other neighboring countries? I mean I don't blame them in terms of priorities but I'm not sure how accurate of a comparison it is.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

People who believe stricter gun control will solve (or at least reduce) the problem are probably in for a rude awakening. If you take a country like South Africa as an example, they implemented stricter gun regulations like 8 or 10 years ago. Since then, the number of gun related deaths has been fluctuating in the same region (give or take a few hundred deaths). There was no rapid decline, and there never will be. By bringing in stricter gun laws all you're doing is growing the black market for weapons and theoretically funding criminals. If someone wants to use a gun, they're going to use a gun. No gun policy is going to change this. I don't know why people always jump on the "we need better gun control" bandwagon. Sure, you can't exactly compare a country like South Africa to America, but right now it's the best example i could think of off the top of my head.

Even in America what gun control has been instituted has had questionable results.

For example, Chicago has the strictest gun control of any city in the states, but one of the highest murder rates. Compare that to Houston, which has some of the most lax gun control, but one of the lowest murder rates.

In several notable cases violent crime has dropped sharply when concealed carry legislation was passed (in florida, I believe it was Miami or Orlando).

There is room for some tweaking of American gun control legislation. But as you say, people expecting transformative results are in for a rude awakening.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Even in America what gun control has been instituted has had questionable results.

For example, Chicago has the strictest gun control of any city in the states, but one of the highest murder rates. Compare that to Houston, which has some of the most lax gun control, but one of the lowest murder rates.

In several notable cases violent crime has dropped sharply when concealed carry legislation was passed (in florida, I believe it was Miami or Orlando).

There is room for some tweaking of American gun control legislation. But as you say, people expecting transformative results are in for a rude awakening.

And in contrast, states like Vermont with some of the laxest gun laws in America have a rate of gun crime comparable to Canada

And in contrast, states like Vermont with some of the laxest gun laws in America have a rate of gun crime comparable to Canada

Speaking of Canada, lawful firearms owners are 3x less likely to be commit a violent crime, compared to the general population.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

The idea of guns genuinely makes me nervous. I really do feel sketchy about them. I live in Canada now and it is kind of in the back of my mind when I hear of things but I don't let it stop me having a good time. (I'm really enjoying Canada by the way, I've gotten used to buying alcohol fortnightly) and I've had some great nights out with some cool people. Lectures have begun and the content is super interesting. I've spoken to some Canadians and they think I'm not actually British and that I'm just talking weird which is quite funny. Next year I'll buy some sports gear. Valu mart was alright, 10% student discount Tuesdays was good and I got a good amount of food for about $65.