Today...

Leoo

Another good grade in Microbiology great.

Had a job interview - got invited to the second stage of interviews - completed that - we'll see what happens.

They readvertised the position so it makes me slightly nervous.

I feel so exhausted all the time here. I had breakfast with the president of my university because it's international week apparently.

They really do a lot for international students, it's nice.

Anyway I am so tired even thinking about my weekend ahead.

I'm leaving campus tomorrow afternoon and will be back on Monday. I am off to Toronto for a day and then on Friday morning we head to Ottawa.

After that we're off to Montreal and finally Quebec City on saturday night. We should be back in Toronto very late on sunday and then I'll finally get a bus back to the city my University is in. This should be about 2am and I'll get a taxi back up to where I live.

This is the travelling lifestyle I've always looked forward to  :D

I finally get to have a weekend away of my own.

I'm going to inadvertently start an argument but I'm looking to move to another country. I'm unsure between Canada and denmark.

Denmark has a more promising economy but it makes it just about impossible to ever see my friends and family again on any sort of regular basis. And Europe is far more prone to war related activity. Canada has more expensive alcohol, but is reasonably close to the USA and Healthcare is neat.

Any other fun tidbits I should know? I've spent years in Massachusetts so weather isn't a huge factor.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Quebec city and Montreal are both really cool. I suppose Toronto is too, but I've spent so much time there it's lost its novelty.

It'll be my first time in Toronto since landing and even then, the airport isn't -actually- in the city anyway.

We're not spending a whole lot of time there, maybe getting dinner then checking into our hotel.

I look forward to spending my actual Christmas holiday in Toronto though. It will be really cute with my pals.

Bit of a weird question but is there anywhere in Canada that I can buy Yorkshire puddings from?

I want to make as close to a British Christmas dinner as possible.

I have an Anthropology final in two weeks' time. Kind of crazy how quickly the time has gone but I look forward to dropping my modules and changing them up next semester.

I am due a change-up I think. I'm starting to get a little bit bored.

Our choir got funding for a trip to North America next summer. I will quite probably be in Toronto next June.

RPG, I very highly doubt alcohol is cheaper in Denmark.

And I think war is the last thing you should think about. The immigration and integration issues are much bigger here. Sometimes the main topic of elections, specially in recent times.

Aging population, welfare state, high prices...

If you come to Europe, than there isn't THAT large of a difference if you come to a country within the EU. Possibilities are the same, the base level varies a bit.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I'm going to inadvertently start an argument but I'm looking to move to another country. I'm unsure between Canada and denmark.

Denmark has a more promising economy but it makes it just about impossible to ever see my friends and family again on any sort of regular basis. And Europe is far more prone to war related activity. Canada has more expensive alcohol, but is reasonably close to the USA and Healthcare is neat.

Any other fun tidbits I should know? I've spent years in Massachusetts so weather isn't a huge factor.

Why are you looking to move? That has a large bearing on which country would be better.

Weather wise, it varies massively throughout Canada. If you move to Toronto, that's one thing. Edmonton would be completely different.

Quebec city and Montreal are both really cool. I suppose Toronto is too, but I've spent so much time there it's lost its novelty.

It'll be my first time in Toronto since landing and even then, the airport isn't -actually- in the city anyway.

We're not spending a whole lot of time there, maybe getting dinner then checking into our hotel.

I look forward to spending my actual Christmas holiday in Toronto though. It will be really cute with my pals.

Bit of a weird question but is there anywhere in Canada that I can buy Yorkshire puddings from?

I want to make as close to a British Christmas dinner as possible.

I have an Anthropology final in two weeks' time. Kind of crazy how quickly the time has gone but I look forward to dropping my modules and changing them up next semester.

I am due a change-up I think. I'm starting to get a little bit bored.

There's probably a British specialty store somewhere. I'd also think one of the more expensive grocery stores might have it as a kind of novelty item.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Today was probably one of the most exhausting days of exam-taking i've had in years. The first exam i took was pretty easy. 66 questions with 90 minute time limit. Finished it in about 50 minutes. Could have done it faster, but i wanted to take my time. Second exam was 43 questions with a 2 hour time limit. But this exam required constant folding and unfolding of charts, finding locations and co-ordinates, drawing lines on graphs, calculations, etc. Submitted my last question with around 12 seconds to spare. Overall the subject is pretty easy, i just don't think the allowed time is really enough. Tomorrow i have 2 more exams to do, maybe 3 if i'm up for it. Then i have to come back next month to hopefully finish what's left. 

Doubt i'll be sleeping tonight. Since getting back from my exams at around 3pm i haven't taken any breaks apart from 1 bathroom break. Still feel like i have a lot to do before tomorrow. Yay...

Can't way to go back home and play some Smite and probably Fallout 4. Even then i won't really be able to relax too much. Next/last few exams i'm taking are the "most difficult" of the syllabus. I just [bleep] hope all of this pays off at the end of the day. 

• Like 1

Today I woke up from a long party night for my cousin's birthday, he just moved up here to San Francisco just as I had a month and a half ago, and it was his big 3-0, so naturally we got drunk and baked at the Speakeasy. Excellent bar, heavily recommend the Err on the Side of Awesome sour cider. And the joint was of delicious hybrid indica Girl Scout Cookies. What other medicine is as enjoyable? None. Something something big pharma big banks war economy yadda yadda yadda, I don't want to open that can of worms. I had a good time last night. And I've been having a good time ever sine I moved. No longer depressed, working a decent job, in the works to get my security guard card where starting wage is 25/h. Shit is great.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Have you considered how you would become eligible for residency in either Denmark or Canada? This is probably where you want to start for Canada. As I understand it, you first need to Immigrate, and then once you have been a permanent resident long enough, you can apply for citizenship. This Questionnaire under Immigration will help you find out if you are eligible. Also of interest is this calulator for the points system Canada uses to determine eligibility under the skilled worker program.

Basically, unless you have family here (I expect that's quite helpful), the Canadian Government (and I think all Governments really), only want people who bring skills/assets that the country needs.

Also note the list of disqualifications. Basically, criminals, poor people, and people with health issues need not apply. Also, you cannot have any family who are inadmissible to Canada. For clarity, an indictable offence is basically a felony, and summary offence would be a misdemeanor.

If this comes across as discouraging, this isn't my intent, but I think a lot people aren't prepared for just how strict most countries are on this issue, so I do want to make sure you are informed about what you are getting into if you actually decide to pursue this. Ideally, I think you want to either spend some time in the country you want to immigrate to either staying with a friend who lives there, or on a temporary work permit (I think the latter would be better). Basically, you want to get into the culture and see if you actually want to live there.

• Like 2

You guys in the UK thought your heat wave was bad mid-year? today it's 40+ here WITH high humidity and that's only the low-end of summer for us this season.

Someone wanna let me steal their couch in the UK?

Popoto.~<3

How to immigrate to any country: Live in the USA, graduate college, make loads of money and call up the country your planning on immigrating to and promise to invest >1m in their economy.

Not gonna happen. Not enough.

Start talking if you HAVE INVESTED at least $10m+.

Otherwise, we need you to clarify that you have familiarized with our culture, traditions and language and you do want to be here.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Have you considered how you would become eligible for residency in either Denmark or Canada? This is probably where you want to start for Canada. As I understand it, you first need to Immigrate, and then once you have been a permanent resident long enough, you can apply for citizenship. This Questionnaire under Immigration will help you find out if you are eligible. Also of interest is this calulator for the points system Canada uses to determine eligibility under the skilled worker program.

Basically, unless you have family here (I expect that's quite helpful), the Canadian Government (and I think all Governments really), only want people who bring skills/assets that the country needs.

Also note the list of disqualifications. Basically, criminals, poor people, and people with health issues need not apply. Also, you cannot have any family who are inadmissible to Canada. For clarity, an indictable offence is basically a felony, and summary offence would be a misdemeanor.

If this comes across as discouraging, this isn't my intent, but I think a lot people aren't prepared for just how strict most countries are on this issue, so I do want to make sure you are informed about what you are getting into if you actually decide to pursue this. Ideally, I think you want to either spend some time in the country you want to immigrate to either staying with a friend who lives there, or on a temporary work permit (I think the latter would be better). Basically, you want to get into the culture and see if you actually want to live there.

Took the test and scored 69/67 so I'm barely able to be accepted, but I am so that's good to know. Climate wise, I would probably want to live in either Vancouver or Toronto being closest to my family on either coast. But this was informative so thank you.

@Saq

EU prices are high in London, I know that much but it seems alcohol gets taxed very differently country to country so I wouldn't bet on the cost of living being too similar.

@Obfuscator

I'm looking to move for political and economic reasons. Denmark more closesly aligns with how I think a country should be run, but as I said before it would completely take me away from the life I know now, where as living in Canada is a softer transition. And Canada's language barrier is less harsh.

Took the test and scored 69/67 so I'm barely able to be accepted, but I am so that's good to know. Climate wise, I would probably want to live in either Vancouver or Toronto being closest to my family on either coast. But this was informative so thank you.

@Saq

EU prices are high in London, I know that much but it seems alcohol gets taxed very differently country to country so I wouldn't bet on the cost of living being too similar.

@Obfuscator

I'm looking to move for political and economic reasons. Denmark more closesly aligns with how I think a country should be run, but as I said before it would completely take me away from the life I know now, where as living in Canada is a softer transition. And Canada's language barrier is less harsh.

Just don't Forget your u's when spelling and you should be passable.

With the recent events, i often wonder what my opinions as well as my Facebook newsfeed would have been like if i lived in  different, non middle-eastern country. A lot of my friends are highly intelligent, and not at all religious. So i often value their opinions on these matters very highly. But i'm not sure if their opinions have been affected by the fact that they've been here just as long, or longer, than i have. Then on the other hand i often feel like their opinions are actually more valuable than anyone else's purely because they're just bystanders. They don't need to have any biases.

Always something i start wondering about when the Anti-American and Anti-Israeli posts start filling up my newsfeed. 

America is an invader six ways to Sunday. Isreal's existence is viewed as invasion sure, but it's not really Isreal's "choice" to exist where it does. Isreal even gave back a huge chunk of Egypt after capturing it as a token of "please don't try this again" after the 7 day war. Not appreciating the existence of the state of Isreal is one thing, calling it an invasion is another.

Went to a party last night instead of sleeping before my 15 hour shift today. This was not a smart decision. I am tired.

6GB update for Smite is taking ages zzzzz. Just wanted to get home, have a drink, play some Smite. No such luck. Gotta cancel my trip to Vegas in 2 weeks as well. Gonna have to spend the next 3 weeks grinding away behind the books. Hopefully i will be able to finish off my last few exams in December. Then i guess i can finally finish up this pilot shit.

Ethernet cable got here yesterday, almost finished setting up my FreeBSD install for now. Only major issue is the Nvidia drivers fail to load at boot up, but I can run "kldload nvidia.ko" after I log in from the shell and and it works just fine..? I also can't get the boot splash set up, but that's not a big issue.

Overall, still impressed. FreeBSD is pretty spiffy.

ozXHe7P.png

I am losing my vibe. Been out last 3 nights.

Twice got wasted.

I can't fall back to my old habits.

In other news, yesterday went to a male choral festival. I was one of the singers. Pretty epic, having 15 all-male choirs on the stage at once, singing some really bloody dynamic and difficult songs sometimes in 8 different vocal groups.

I am the lowest bass, of course.

Was a 3-hour concert. Epic.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc