Today...

Leoo

I'm still like 8 or 9 months smoke free, since i quit. It's strange because i haven't really noticed much of a difference in terms of my eating habits. The first few weeks i noticed a difference. I always wanted to eat something, but that was mostly because i felt agitated. I craved junk like sweets and chips, not actual food. But after that my eating habits pretty much went back to what they were. If anything i've lost a pound or two since i quit. I still get really bad cravings sometimes. I started entertaining the idea of getting some new oils for my e-cigarette but it's so hard to get them, i don't even know if it's worth it. 

I haven't had a haircut in like 4 or 5 months. My hair's starting to really annoy me. Gotta wait till [bleep] 4 before i can cut it though, cause it's Friday. I really hate this country on Fridays. 

I need a hair cut too - it hasn't been quite that long but it's still getting to be uncomfortable for me. I'm with family and attending a conference, but I think sometime after I get back I'll get one.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

i haven't had a haircut for 3 or 4 months till today, so it was a really awkward length. It was hard to make it look decent, unless i like combed it back. And because i got all the great genes in my family, i have a receding hairline that gets worse each day. So if i comb my hair back it looks... pretty bad. And my whole appearance looked pretty questionable because of the 3 month old beard i have as well. So one of them had to go, and the long hair lost out. 

Super unrelated to pretty much anything, but do any of you have any recommended resources I could use to learn music theory?  Like from the absolute beginning.  I feel like for someone who is as into music as I am it's a pretty big gap that I know basically nothing at all about theory.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I never even considered the fact that Kahn Academy would have something like that, but that makes sense.  I'll check it out, thanks.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Ah...I remember the days of music theory one...knowing very little about it. Then after two years I've only learned one thing in it; music theory is about 98.8% bullshit lol. Miss the days of being a music major though :(

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

On a whim, I looked for "I Feel Sick" on eBay a few days ago. Found a listing for #1 and #2, new condition. Was relatively cheap, and $22 and two days later I got it in the mail (today). Excellent condition, and I've read the first one so far. Just finished, in fact. And I just found out by creeping Vasquez's Wikipedia page that he began making sequels to Invader Zim in comic form this summer. Is it the end of the world, ha?

Also, my phone (a Lumia 635) developed a damaged power button as of Thursday. Friday I could no longer use the phone because the button simply did not work. So stupid.

ozXHe7P.png

I took music theory in high school. I thought I'd enjoy it but I hated it lol

Well the music we like isn't mainstream. I don't think they would go anywhere near the music Dream Theater makes in high school :P.

Also Funny, apparently on Black Ops 3, Dream Theater is offensive language.

My phone has gone absolutely mad.

Restarts itself every 30 mins.

Also, been a tough as hell week.

And I took the liberty of having one day to relax. Which turned to two days.

EDIT: Fun 2500th post.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Debating getting another slightly less useless bachelor's degree

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Enjoying the crap out of Fallout 4 right now. Got it last weekend i think (or some time during the week) as well as Tomb Raider and both games are awesome. Been hard to tear myself away from it. Couple of other games i'm really looking forward to coming out over the next few months. I pretty much have no social life at the moment. 

Today, I was inspired by this common repost, so I decided to have some adventures on OmegaRuby to make some pieces of art.

ccc8O0o.png

"Blood for the Blood God."

YqS4yOB.png

"Skulls for the Skull Throne."

Y8H4OGI.png

"Water."

3bCFZDQ.png

"Earth (or Fire, or both, who knows!)."

CWO5vRW.png

"Air."

eWTQ8F1.png

"The Avatar State."

And my pinnacle...

v9mrks3.png

"Getting a Perfect Clefable with Soft-boiled in Gen 3 is Painful."

edit: Fixed typo.

• Like 3

ozXHe7P.png

Pretty surreal night.

I'm still drunk so bear with me.

So it was my Canadian friend's birthday. She invited me over. Friend is a fairly loose term but anyway I decided to head over. Basically everyone bailed on her so I made sure to make it.

I got off the bus one stop too early and got lost in a suburban residential area around 9pm.I walked using Google maps and bumped into a running man who stopped to rest. He said he'd walk me to my destination if I wait for the people he was running with. Eventually four people roll up. It turns out they were all part of a family from Toronto here for their grandfather's memorial service. It was revealed that their grandfather's favourite thing to do was the beer mile,so that's what they were doing when they bumped into me. They walked me over which was lovely then we said our goodbyes. I settled and met my friend's boyfriend and housemates. About an hour passed before the doorbell rang. The drunk family were back and asked to join my friend's birthday party. We sat around and played drinking games which was super fun. We swapped numbers then went downtown. We had a night out meeting several people along the way and I left about 2.20. A guy I had met offered to share a taxi with me for 75% of the journey home. Then he got out and have the driver $20 and asked him to drive me home. I'm home now and I'm still surprised by this act of kindness as it's unheard of in the UK.

Overall my night was definitely 10/10

Really loved having a night out with Canadians finally

• Like 1

Friend of my dad left the country last night. He's headed back to South Africa. He was meant to be gone 2 days ago but there were complications. Apparently the maid that was working for them previously, was on his sponsorship. That means before he can leave the country she has to either change her sponsorship to someone else, or leave the country as well. She told him she would leave the country the day before he leaves and then she'll find a different sponsor to come back. Only she never left the country. So when he got to the airport he was told, at passport control, the he couldn't leave the country. He was quite furious. So he had to spend 2 days trying to track this woman, because now she was basically a "runaway". He actually had to threaten her "boyfriend" to turn her in to the police because of something he did (i can't remember what) that wasn't exactly by the book either. 

This actually happens so often, where one person would sponsor another to enter the country and at some point that person would become a "runaway" leaving the initial person with so much hassle in the future. We had a similar issue with one of our maids previously although we never wanted to leave the country, we just had to change sponsorship. But we couldn't because a woman we were sponsoring was basically "missing" (pretty sure she ran away as well). 

I've known this guy for well over 5 years and i don't think i've ever seen him this mad before. It's funny that people always frown upon people keeping their employees' passports, but this is one of the main reasons they do it.

Debating getting another slightly less useless bachelor's degree

Have you considered college instead? Seems like getting another bachelors degree won't help you much unless you know what sort of job it would help you get.

college/university is where you get a bachelors degree

Sporks is from Canada, and they are different things up north.

In Canada, a University is where you go to get an actual degree, starting with a 4 year bachelor program. Colleges in Canada are where you go for trades programs, which are typically two years.

Who ever said there was a law that requires you to keep track of them? Most people don't ever see or hear from the people they sponsor more than once a year (when they have to renew their residency permit). 

Who ever said there was a law that requires you to keep track of them? Most people don't ever see or hear from the people they sponsor more than once a year (when they have to renew their residency permit). 

Well if they bail and the government comes after you, then practically speaking your obligated to keep track of them.

Basically a few years ago (before i came here) people would come to the country for business. They'd work here a year or two take out huge loans at the bank, then flee the country. Or they would pile up a bunch of traffic vines and flee the country. If i remember correctly you were able to take out a loan up to 16x your salary or something like that. So a lot of people took advantage of it. The government caught on and they changed the immigration system to prevent these things from happening in the future.

The system was meant to change several times now, to make the process easier but it's the Middle East so no one is really in a rush to do anything. And people who come here for business usually just put up with the system because let's face it they're probably getting paid 3 times more what they would in their home countries. And these things are generally more a problem with the blue collar workers as they're usually the people most likely of running away. Think of it as me going to the US on a Student Visa then either refusing to leave when my Visa expires, or i decide to [bleep] college and travel instead (which in most cases would be a violation since you have to spend x-amount of time on campus). Who's the government going to go to first? The school i was meant to be at. Does that mean they are legally obligated to babysit me? No. 

Actually the us avoids that problem by not giving financial aid or other services to non citizens. Seems way simpler than creating a captive labor force

Oh so as long as you don't take out a bank loan (assume it was possible) you're fine to stay in a country without a valid Visa, and do as you please?