Today...

Leoo

Neither, my roommate moves out when he finishes undergrad but he's taking forever and I just want the house to myself because he creates like 80% of my electric bill

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I'm not looking forward to 10 days from now. Can you guess why?

In other news, I've lost 99 lbs. From 252 to 153. About 8 pounds left. Goal is by my birthday (February 25), so I've been planning and tracking my diet and exercise very carefully. From April 2015 to now, that's about 1 lb/week. Not too bad, I think.

Can't wait to buy some new clothes!

• Like 4

ozXHe7P.png

I'm not looking forward to 10 days from now. Can you guess why?

In other news, I've lost 99 lbs. From 252 to 153. About 8 pounds left. Goal is by my birthday (February 25), so I've been planning and tracking my diet and exercise very carefully. From April 2015 to now, that's about 1 lb/week. Not too bad, I think.

Can't wait to buy some new clothes!

OEH! I wanna take a guess: the inauguration????!?

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I can't wait for god emperor Trump to take office. I'm just excited to see what all of the SJW types are going to do to protest here on campus.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Too cold to protest.

Some sick weight-loss though Veiva, 1lb./week shouldn't be hard as long as you monitor your intake

On a more somber subject, the charleston shooter was sentenced to death today. I'm curious to see how many people agree with the death sentence for this case. Thoughts?

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

First to ask... what sort of presents did you get for your B Day??

Oh yea, be happy. :D

Prosecco, Champagne, some bath bombs.

Had a decent day - had a nice breakfast with my colleagues, then went bowling with my cousin and finally had dinner with some of my closest friends.

I'm feeling weird mentally though. I have 5 minutes of intense depression to do with my recent issues with the guy who assaulted me, and then I'm back to normal.

On a more somber subject, the charleston shooter was sentenced to death today. I'm curious to see how many people agree with the death sentence for this case. Thoughts?

“I would like to make it crystal clear that I do not regret what I did. I am not sorry. I have not shed a tear for the innocent people I killed. I do feel sorry for the innocent white children forced to live in this sick country and I do feel sorry for the innocent white people that are killed daily at the hands of the lower races. I have shed a tear of self pity for myself. I feel pity that I had to do what I did in the first place. I feel pity that I had to give up my life because of a situation that should have never existed.”

I'm not a fan of the death penalty, but I'm not going to argue against it after reading that

“I would like to make it crystal clear that I do not regret what I did. I am not sorry. I have not shed a tear for the innocent people I killed. I do feel sorry for the innocent white children forced to live in this sick country and I do feel sorry for the innocent white people that are killed daily at the hands of the lower races. I have shed a tear of self pity for myself. I feel pity that I had to do what I did in the first place. I feel pity that I had to give up my life because of a situation that should have never existed.”

I'm not a fan of the death penalty, but I'm not going to argue against it after reading that

Yeah. I'm 100% against the death penalty, and that goes for this guy as well. But if anyone deserves it, it's got to be him.

polvCwJ.gif

What a nightmare it must be to be wrongfully accused of something that would send you to death row in the United States. Canada doesnt have a death penalty. I'm pretty sure there is a small percentage of people convicted of crimes that they did not commit. For those reasons I am against the death penalty.

But, yea, some people deserve to die. 

I don't think there's been a modern case of death sentence on the innocent

I don't think there's been a modern case of death sentence on the innocent

This isn't remotely true - 4% of executed inmates have been exonerated - and that says nothing about those who were innocent but have not been exonerated:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/28/death-penalty-study-4-percent-defendants-innocent

polvCwJ.gif

Yeah but freedomeagle dot Facebook said hillary invented AIDS

How long is an appropriate amount of time before you decide you don't like anything about a job and start looking for a new one? A year? 6 months? Because I'm super ready to move on...

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

It's not even the possibility of them being innocent that bothers me. It's just kinda dumb to kill people in general.

I don't know, personally I'm for the death penalty but only from an economic standpoint and if it can be carried out efficiently. For example, with a person like the Charleston shooter who is clearly guilty and even admits it himself why shouldn't he receive the death sentence? The alternative option is that we, speaking generally for the tax paying people, bear the burden of supporting this man through his life and paying for all of his meals, medical visits, clothing, etc... He honestly has no chance at parole and would have received a sentence which would keep him in jail for the remainder of his living days anyway, so why prolong the cost? 

That being said I feel like it should almost be more of a clause that can be provoked rather than a sentence to seek. Try the person for whatever crime they have committed, once it becomes clear beyond any shred of doubt - in this instance the accused's own admittance of guilt, especially with no remorse - that he was aware of his actions and that he will spend the remainder of his days in some form of incarceration, then the crown or another party could start a process to have him sentenced to death. I don't want innocent people, or people who truly regret their crime and may have another chance at life to die but even a jail sentence does nothing to a man who considers his actions right and won't take the time in jail to reflect on his crime or reform himself.

Didja know? Executing someone is a lot more expensive than life in prison. It costs more than letting the accused live in prison for the remainder of his days.

That's where the effciency comes in. Currently it costs more due to the multiple, multiple trials and appeals to try and ensure the person isn't innocent of the crime possibly taking years and a boat load of extra money. My theoretical system which really only works in a perfect world has the original trial to establish guilt/sentencing and only one more after a multiple life sentence is handed down to decide execution or not. Additionally, after the second trial execution would be within a timely manner, no more than a month and preferably days to 2 weeks.
  • Like 1

We're really far off from a "one trial proves innocence or guilt" system. I'm not entirely convinced that's going to be possible ever, tbh.

• Like 1

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off