Today...

Leoo

This is the today thread, being off topic is on topic

But what about pineapples?

Just toss some pizza on that pineapple and we got ourselves a date

Fine by me, so long as its pizza on top of pineapple and not the other way around.

• Like 1

Kind of can't believe I've been a member of this forum for a decade.

Some of you guys have actually watched me grow up, even if I haven't been around too often in recent time.

At the moment, I'm training to be a multimedia journalist doing a Master's Degree - I guess I'm still finding my feet. 

Haven't got a lot of friends but I am just accepting that that's part of my life at the moment.

I'm still dealing with extreme depression and anxiety, but I've just learned to accept it and talking about it openly at therapy is helpful.

I do think after I complete this Master's degree I definitely need to pause in life. I need to stop changing location, I am following my heart but my emotional life is really unable to keep up with all the changes in my physical life. I need to kinda sit back and process things properly and I feel like I'm scared to do that. Even 20 minute just listening to my thoughts takes me back to thinking about my dad's death and it's a place I don't want to think about yet but knowing that I have to process it one day is quite daunting.

Part of me thinks I'll have a meltdown one day but I've been thinking that for 4 years and I've either drank or smoked those feelings away and now I've got rid of substances from my life I actually feel the deep loneliness and isolation I used to feel when I would run home to play RS, except this time the loneliness is based on life experience (being assaulted and my dad dying primarily but other things too) whereas back then it was just not being cool at school. I'd go back to that kinda loneliness any day of the week. 

Sorry for bringing the mood down, I tend to be a bit draining. Hope you're all well though

• Like 2

I haven't spoken in my mother tongue for 2 months now. Kinda does start messing with you.

In other news, passed motorcycle practical test here and just need to complete all the paperwork at the nearest local version of DMV to have my license. And then, let the riding begin!

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

https://www.facebook.com/Steve.Hofmeyr/videos/10155896643599559/?hc_ref=ARS5hwxs_GWg2F0sySszwygmnqlW_NxXJTLUVSqfghGTePf2723cvhWEXvUwvVh2PdM

Take a look at this video... And people ask me why i would rather live in a Muslim country, why i would never call that place my home again, and why i would never go back.

Is that caption in afrikans? South Africa is a scary place.

Today I watched the majority of the Chester Bennington tribute concert. Mostly just skipped to the vocalists I liked and for Mike's commentary. Truly haunting stuff if you have 3 hours to spare and another 3 hours to cry

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Yeah it's Afrikaans.

I actually typed and deleted my reply 3 or 4 times, because when it comes to the topic of South Africa the racist in me really comes out.

Funny, a lot of people here (i.e. the US) feel the same way when discussing Muslim countries.

Difference is i actually lived in South Africa for 16 years. I know what it is to live there. How many of those Americans have lived in a Muslim country, or even visited one? My thoughts and feelings aren't based off of something i saw on TV, or read in a Newspaper. My opinions were formed through events experienced by myself, family and, friends. 

I'm sort of in the same boat as you, but i guess i'm older so i can give you a little look into the future. 

Yes, that's pretty much how it's going to be for the majority of your dating life. From my experience, most of the women you're going to meet have an end-game. They want to get married, with or without kids. But marriage is the end-game. They might not feel like this when you start dating, but sooner or later they will. I don't know if it's just a biological thing, but as some point in the relationship a flip switches. I've had this talk with a few girls over the past few years. We start dating, a few weeks/months down the line they go from "i don't see myself getting married (at least not in the near future)" to "i want to get more serious and start thinking about a future" (which is generally their way of saying marriage). I guess most women see this (not wanting to get married/have kids) as you not wanting to stay committed to them. I'm not saying all women out there are like this, as i know quite a few who aren't. But they're few and far between. So if i were you, i'd get prepared to have the same conversation at least a few more times in the future.

Staying vague about the future is the best thing you can do. Answer anything with a "maybe" or a "possibly" and you'll be fine. Generally when girls start the "what do you want in the long run" talk my go-to answer is "somewhere down the line i want x". It's not a complete lie, because i'm sure somewhere down the line i might want it, just not right now (or in the foreseeable future). 

Tbh I'm just going to be very very careful about birth control and get very very vague about the future. I don't mind having a LTR indefinitely but I have had very very bad experiences surrounding divorce and custody battles in my own life to ever change my mind about this.

I know I'm going to sound full /r/redpill here but honestly from my own family there is a 100% divorce rate. Grandparents, parents, uncles, distant cousins, all get divorced. Some uncles didn't learn their lesson and are on their 3rd divorce. Financially its pretty awful, and half of them absolutely deserved their divorce and the other half were blindsided. It really really made me cautious to the institution as a whole. 

Also kids lead to nasty custody battles where I have this mental image of my lazy faux depressed aunt getting custody over my cousins despite the fact that they wanted to live with their father. Not to mention all the other close to home examples of pettiness and bullshit surrounding this I've seen. 

Literally not one happy marriage in my whole extended family when I'm sure virtually all of them believed it would work out.

tl;dr very very

just remember if you live with a gf long enough, it becomes a common-law relationship and you're essentially legally married whether you want to be or not

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I believe switches flip, but I don't think I've ever seen a flip switch.

But hey, relationships are rough. It's going to be a common theme to see people not want and not have marriages and kids regardless of gender. It might be a while before you find a comparable person, but that's part of the whole dating thing.

Also, don't forget living together and dating someone are entirely different. I don't care how long you've been dating. Once you start living together, it's a whole different ball game.

Source: my previous relationship.

j0xPu5R.png

[bleep]. I think I pulled my back at work last night. Everything's a pain.

Also, it's funny how the local version of the DMV is a dreadful experience everywhere you go. Back in my homeland, queues to do your exams for licenses are over a month for nearly anything. Luckily you can do nearly everything online and even if you do have to go to the office the experience is generally nice, fast and quick.

Here in New Zealand there is no central authority for licensing, which is pretty freaking weird in my opinion. Nevertheless, at the VTNZ I had to wait an hour and a half until someone finally took a look at my filled form, which they had had for all the time, had me pay the fees and take a photo, just to tell me to come back in a few days to do the theory test. [bleep] yeah, coming in while working at nightshift. Like I have too much sleep anyway, worked 68 hours last week.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I have some pretty wacky habits/routines, so the idea of living someone scares the shit out of me too. I know it's going to cause issues somewhere down the line, and it's going to come down to either me changing or her leaving (the latter being the most likely). Sometimes i wake up in the early hours of the morning and i just don't feel like going back to bed, so i'll play games or watch series/movies. Whenever my ex used to stay over and i did this, it annoyed the shit out of her. I've had other girls tell me the same thing. 

I know the feeling. I highly prize the freedom to do as I please, and having another person in the picture complicates things. At the end of the day though, I feel like it's a combination of both reasonable compromise (I'm sure we all have habbits we could do without) and being comfortable enough with someone to be yourself.

For me, my most highly prized freedom is alone time. Sooner or later, I need time away from people to recharge lest my personality suffer until people are more than happy to give me the alone time I need, and it can be hard not to take that personally some times.

The other problem is mornings. Contrary to the above, I think anyone who has been around me in the morning a few times would be positively thrilled if I got out of bed and played video games before they got up. I am not a pleasant person to talk to until I'm more awake and have had a chance to at least skim the morning news. It's not my most attractive feature to be sure, but there it is.

It's usually an interesting experience at any rate.

Basically the habit that I have that is likely to piss off my girlfriend after we move in together is that I play on my phone for a few hours before I go to sleep. It's certainly a habit I could break and live without, in fact when she sleeps over mine or me at hers I don't really do it at all. But when it's just me at bed time? Guess who's checking social media and watching YouTube videos for 4 hours before finally submitting to sleep. This guy

I like TV as background noise for falling asleep, but I have headphones I can wear in bed in addition to my mask so it's usually not a huge issue. For bonus points though things like checking your phone wouldn't bother me as long as you don't move around too much while you do it.

It's kind of funny (to me) how much I've adapted to sleeping to the sound of TV though. When I first started doing it it caused me to keep hearing the real world while dreaming. I'd also wake up pretty quickly when the DVD backed out to the main menu. Now I normally use Netflix which stops after a few episodes automatically and my laptop goes to sleep, and I rarely have the sound invade my dreams or wake up when the sound stops. The upside has been that things like the sound of my bedroom door opening don't always wake me up either anymore (that used to be an issue).

I can't fall asleep with a TV on anymore-- I don't even have a TV in my room these days. After using f.lux for the past few years, and having that "night shift" feature on my phone as well, I have a harder time falling asleep if I'm looking at a bright screen before bed... but with that said I almost always fall asleep listening to a podcast or audiobook or some shit.

77yLQy8.png

So how bout that crazy phishing post by the obvious fake new guy?

BUT 100% REAL LEGIT COUNTERFEIT IDS! EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

or something along those lines. So half assed I think it's gotta just be a troll

I just looked for the post after saying that, looks legit to me... I mean, every reasonable business making fake ids makes a post on a public forum with like 20 active users that are mostly of or above age while making themselves sound super legit.

Yeah, I'd buy that.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc