Today...

Leoo

I genuinely think it's absolutely crazy that i've been a member of this forum EXACTLY 10 years.

And I'm still knocking around! 

I'm still kind of crawling my way through this Master's degree. I realise (I've known this since I was 15/16) but it's become evermore clear to me that I want to emigrate.

I really want to start afresh, build my own life from scratch in another country. I'm adventurous but not naive, so I'm applying for lots of jobs in my target countries and hoping that one of them will accept me. The dream is to be a science journalist but in today's world, I'm being as broad as I can be. Put me in front of a computer and make me write stuff and I'll be happy for eternity. So I'm looking at related positions like digital communications, marketing, junior writing jobs - anything where the job description emphasises "good at writing"

I've found it's a powerful medium to get my thoughts across especially with anxiety so I hope to be able to have a career that focuses on that really.

Ex sent me a message on Snapchat today. Was kind of confused when i first saw the message, since we haven't spoken in months, but when i opened it i really wasn't surprised at all. She needed something. Apparently her mom got out of surgery today and she wanted me to take her some flowers. I'm surprised how long i had to think about it before i said no. She was shocked i said no, because it's something i was very rarely able to say to her in the past. She asked me why i said no, and i just straight up told her that i didn't want to. Few minutes later she called me, in tears. She used to do this all the time, because she knew that it was an easy way to get me to do what she wanted. I paid little attention to her tears, but somehow we ended up having kind of a deep conversation. She told me she misses having someone who'd do anything for her, take her out, buy her something nice every now and then, make her feel special, etc. All the guys she's dated since we broke up either ended up cheating on her, or dumping her after they had sex. So i reminded her of a conversation/argument we had a few weeks before we broke up. I'm not sure how the argument started but i remember her telling me that she could go out to any club/bar right now and find a number of guys who would want to be with her more than i want to be with her (which was doubtful, because at the time i was so blindly in love with this girl). I told her it was possible, but they'd really only want her for one night. Wasn't trying to be a dick, despite how it sounded, I was really just being honest. Most guys here aren't interested in relationships, they want one night stands. 

So anyway, i reminded her of this. She fell silent for a while, then told me she [bleep]ed up. And she's been realising it more and more these days. She sees my Snapchat and get's a little jealous because all the things we used to do, the things she used to take for granted, are things i'm doing with other people now, and things she hasn't done since we dated. I know it's petty, but for once i felt like i actually got some real closure. She used to tell me i needed her more then she needed me. At the time, i think she was right. Today she told me, all along, it was he that needed me more than i needed her. Felt good hearing that, especially from her. Especially after all the shit she's said about me in the past.

• Like 6

Maybe a little petty ;)

But it's nice to have that post relationship encounter that confirms that you made the right choice, and to confirm that you're over her; at least enough to say no. It's a hard thing to do, to say no to someone you care, or cared, about.

• Like 1

You sure came out the winner on that one, damnnn

also, who the [bleep] messages exes on snap chat asking for anything other than nudes?

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

You sure came out the winner on that one, damnnn

also, who the [bleep] messages exes on snap chat asking for anything other than nudes?

Who messages exes on snap chat* 

Who even uses snapchat? I've never seen the appeal.

Another 70-hour week. It feels so bad...

Woody-Harrelson.jpg

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Serious dilemma in my life: I have no clean underwear, but I don't wanna do laundry, so I'm thinking about going out and buying new underwear to avoid it, but doing so will result in breaking a 6 year streak of not buying new underwear, which is a private point of pride in my life, so I legit don't know what to do here.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Idk man, some of my underwear is easily 6 years old. I have some new pairs, too but let's just say there's some veterans in the bunch

I'd say do laundry because You've survived this long without buying new underwear, you can keep it going

I would think that, unless you live next to a mall, doing the laundry would be faster and easier than going out to buy new underwear.

This reminds my friends story from the liquor store. They had a customer who kept coming in and asking for any cardboard trays they were throwing out (if you ever need cardboard boxes or trays, ask a liquor store). After a few rounds of this someone finally asked him what he was using the trays for. Turns out he was using them as dinner plates so that he didn't have to wash dishes.

• Like 3

I would think that, unless you live next to a mall, doing the laundry would be faster and easier than going out to buy new underwear.

This reminds my friends story from the liquor store. They had a customer who kept coming in and asking for any cardboard trays they were throwing out (if you ever need cardboard boxes or trays, ask a liquor store). After a few rounds of this someone finally asked him what he was using the trays for. Turns out he was using them as dinner plates so that he didn't have to wash dishes.

that's so gross

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

that's so gross

Considering I work at a liquor store, I concur. If you're referring to beer flats, we usually leave them on the ground for customers and/or keep it in the back next to the bathroom.

j0xPu5R.png

Free ballin

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click

I've always said free ballin in a parody tone of tom petty. I'm so glad someone actually made it a song lol

Free ballin

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click

I've always said free ballin in a parody tone of tom petty. I'm so glad someone actually made it a song lol

That's what led me down that path, as soon as I saw your comment and did that I knew it had to exist.

So I ended up staying up late to do laundry, and went to bed after throwing it in the drier.

But apparently before turning on the drier, I just learned this morning.

I hope you all wanted to hear this saga, because that was the story.

• Like 1

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Greentext.jpeg

>>be me, hate buying new underwear

>>had busy week, forgot to do laundry

>>went to store, forgot to buy cat food

>>come home and stay up all night for fresh underwear feel

>>wake up realizing prized vintage underwear collection is moldy

>>feelsquishy.gif

I just slept all the way through Friday. It's 7 AM Saturday here...

Yay?

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Some people get real fortunate like that. I had a friend in college who ended up dropping out sophomore year because IBM picked him up. Now he makes nearly 10 times more than I do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Friend of mine who lives in Oregon has been nagging me to go visit her for a few months now. Never really thought she was serious until after a conversation we had today. Think i might just do it. Won't be this year, but i think i might be able to plan something for early next year. She's had a crush on me for as long as i've known her, and she's never really been shy to hide it. Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact that she moved back home, i can see myself with her. She's wife-material for sure. So if/when i do end up seeing her, i might just make some moves and get myself that easy green card if you know what i mean.