any one live near a famous person?

lockopener

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live near MANY South African soccer and Rugby players.

I actually live next door to Percy Montgomery. :)

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

My sister lives in the same suburb/city as Shawn Johnson. If that counts o.O.

That counts. She is just adorable. <3:

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

My town has alot of famous people....

(list from wikipedia)

[hide=]A

* Alan Ainscow (born 1953) a former professional footballer.[1]

* Monica Ali (born 1967) author, born in East Pakistan (now Bangladesh), but settled and grew up in Bolton former pupil of Bolton School.[2][3]

* Ian Aspinall (born 1961) actor, played roles in Holby City and East is East.[4][5]

* Jamile Adam - Footballer For Barnsley

[edit] B

* Hylda Baker (19051986) actress, comedienne, and music hall star born in Farnworth.[6][7]

* Alan Ball (19452007) professional footballer, member of the 1966 Football World Cup winning side born in Farnworth.[8][9]

* Johnny Ball (born 1938) a children's TV presenter, and the father of former BBC Radio 1 DJ and TV host, Zoë Ball.[10][11]

* Tommy Banks (footballer) (born 1929) - Bolton Wanderers and England footballer.[12]

* Danny Boyle (born 1956) film director, born in Radcliffe but educated in Bolton.[13][14]

[edit] C

* Mark Charnock (born 1968) actor, currently plays as Marlon Dingle in Emmerdale.[15][16]

* Phil Clarke Blackrod-born ex-Rugby League international player and presently Sky Sports pundit.[17]

* Sir Daniel Cooper (18211902) first speaker of the Legislative Assembly of New South Wales.[18][19]

* Thomas Cole (18011848) American landscape painter.[20]

* Sara Cox (born 1974) Radio 1 DJ. and TV presenter.[21][22]

* Samuel Crompton (17531827) inventor of the Spinning Mule.[23]

* John Cunliffe (born 1984) Soccer player for Major League Soccer side Chivas USA - born in Bolton, and grew-up in nearby Edgworth.[24]

[edit] D

* Julian Darby (born 1967) - ex. footballer, now first team coach at Derby County.[25]

* Norman Davies (born 1939) historian.[26]

* Fred Dibnah (19382004) steeplejack, engineer, and TV presenter.[27][28]

[edit] F

* Shirley Anne Field (born 1938) stage, film and television actress.[29][30]

* Frank Finlay (born 1926) Farnworth-born stage, film and television actor.[31][32]

* Garry Flitcroft (born 1972) professional footballer Manchester City, Blackburn Rovers, Sheffield United and England U21's.[33]

* Stu Francis (born 1951) comedian, Crackerjack presenter.[34][35][36]

[edit] G

* Damon Gough, known as Badly Drawn Boy (born 1969) indie singer-songwriter.[37]

* Aaron Grundy (born 1988) professional footballer, currently goalkeeper for Bury.[38]

[edit] H

* Leslie Halliwell (19291989) British movie historian and encyclopaediast of Halliwell's Film Guide fame.[39][40]

* Mark Halsey (born 1961) English Premier League Referee - lives in Little Lever.[41]

* Annie Haslam (born 1944) lead singer of progressive rock band Renaissance.[42]

* Gordon Hill (born 1928) - former League football referee in the 1960s and 1970s.[43][44]

* Charles Holden (18751960) architect, known for his designs of stations on the London Underground railway system.[45]

* Dominic Holmes (born 1994) - Actor best known for playing Daniel Osbourne in Coronation Street.[46][47]

* Nicky Hunt (born 1983) professional footballer, Bolton Wanderers born in Westhoughton.[48]

* Jack Hylton (18921965) band leader.[49]

[edit] I

* Susan Sutherland Isaacs (18851948) educational psychologist and Psychoanalyst.[50][51]

[edit] J

* Danny Jones (born 1986) guitarist and vocalist in the band McFly.[52]

[edit] K

* Peter Kay (born 1973) comedian, actor, writer and producer.[53][54]

* Vernon Kay (born 1974) TV presenter and DJ.[55][56]

* Amir Khan (born 1986) boxer.[57]

* Andy Knowles (born 1981) musician and artist.[58]

* Tony Knowles (born 1955) snooker player.[59]

* Sir Harold Kroto (born 1939) chemist; Nobel Prize winner in 1996 for his work on Buckminsterfullerene.[60]

[edit] L

* William Lassell (17991880) astronomer, discoverer of the moons Ariel and Triton.[61]

* Ralf Little (born 1980) actor, star of The Royle Family, Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps and Children's Ward. Born in Oldham, educated at Bolton School.[62][63]

* Tommy Lawton (19191996) professional footballer, Burnley, Everton, Arsenal, Chelsea and England born in Farnworth.[64][65]

* William Lever, 1st Viscount Leverhulme (18511925) founder of Unilever.[66]

* Nat Lofthouse (born 1925) footballer, played for Bolton Wanderers and England.[67][68]

* Peter Lown (born 1947) born in Bolton, became a Canadian field hockey player, competed in the 1976 Summer Olympics.[69]

* Captain Stanley Lord (18771962) Captain of the SS Californian, the ship closest to RMS Titanic as she sank.[70]

[edit] M

* Sajid Mahmood (born 1981) Lancashire and England cricketer.[71]

* Lee Mason (born 1971) - English Premier League Referee - educated at Thornleigh Salesian College in Bolton.[72][73]

* Patrick McGuinness (born 1973) stand-up comedian and comedy actor.[74][75]

* Sir Ian McKellen (born 1939) stage and screen actor; born in Burnley and educated at Bolton School.[76][77]

* Thomas Moran (18371926) American landscape painter.[78]

* Geoffrey Moorhouse (born 1931) travel writer, novelist and poet.[79][80]

[edit] N

* Bill Naughton (19101992) author and playwright born Ireland but educated in Bolton and his work was often set in the town in which he grew up.[81][82]

* Paul Nicholls (born 1979) TV and screen actor, played roles in EastEnders and City Central.[83][84]

* Amy Nuttall (born 1982) actress and singer, played as Chloe Atkinson in Emmerdale from 2000 to 2005.[85][86]

[edit] O

* Andrew Oldcorn (born 1960) professional golfer, born in Bolton and raised in Edinburgh.[87]

* Glyn Owen (19282004) stage and television actor.[88][89]

[edit] P

* Maxine Peake (born 1974) actress, played in Shameless - born in Westhoughton.[90][91]

* Michael Pollitt (born 1972) Premiership goalkeeper born in Farnworth.[92]

* David Potts (born 1970) musician and songwriter born in Farnworth.[93]

* Hovis Presley, real name: Richard Henry McFarlane (19602005) poet and stand-up comedian.[94]

[edit] R

* Mark Radcliffe (born 1958) Radio 1 DJ, TV presenter and writer.[95]

* Dorning Rasbotham (c. 1730 1791) writer, antiquarian and artist, also was High Sheriff of Lancashire.[96]

* Sir Arthur Rostron (18691940) Captain of the RMS Carpathia, first ship to aid the RMS Titanic.[97]

* David Ruffley (born 1962) politician, Conservative MP for Bury St Edmunds, educated at Bolton School.[98]

[edit] S

* Robert Shaw (19271978) actor and writer born in Westhoughton, moved to Scotland as a child.[99][100][101]

* Dave [bleep]ey (born 1950) actor, comedian, writer and film producer.[102][103]

[edit] T

* Thomas Thomasson (18081876) - cotton spinner, political economist and benefactor.[104]

* John Pennington Thomasson (18411904) - cotton spinner, MP and benefactor.[104]

[edit] W

* Mike Watkinson (born 1961) ex-England cricketer, now coach of Lancashire born in Westhoughton.[105]

* Simon Whaley (born 1985) professional footballer, Bury F.C., currently Preston North End.[106]

* Robert Whitehead (18231905) developed the first self-propelled torpedo and great-grandfather of the Von Trapp children (Sound of Music).[107]

* Jason Wilcox (born 1971) professional footballer, Blackburn Rovers, Leeds United and England.[108]

* Sammy Winward (born 1985) actress, singer and model, currently plays as Katie Sugden in Emmerdale.[109][110]

* Bernard Wrigley (born 1948) comedian, actor, playwright and musician.[111][112]

* Nick Taylor (born 1985) Singer Song Writer, (Russian Dolls, myspace.com/therussiandolls)

[edit] List of people without biographies

* Alyn Ainsworth (19241990) band leader, orchestra conductor, and musical director.[113][114]

* Simon Aldred - lead singer of Cherry Ghost.[115][116]

* Sir Robert Haslam (1923-2002), a chairman of British Coal and British Steel, created a life peer with the title Baron Haslam of Bolton

* William Haslam (1850-1898) - gave his name to the town of Haslam, South Australia.[117]

* Janine Rostron AKA Planningtorock musician and video maker. Now living in Berlin.[118]

* Wing Commander John Scott-Taggart (1897-1979) radio and radar pioneer, holder of many patents and author. Famous for writing many books on radio in the 1920s and 1930s.[/hide]

about a 20 second walk away from me is Gary Neville (England/Man United football player), and there where several well known people at my school while I was there (soap actors, and small show people).

I am not "friends" with anybody famous....... but I do know quite a few. Great town!

Sadly though while I am at Uni, I don't have these people near me..... but Sean Bean (actor from films such as lord of the rings) shops a fair bit at the supermarket I have a part time job!

sig2webzx7.jpg

I just found out Mick Foley(aka Mankind) has a vacation house in my town, i saw him at a local amusement park with his family, i went up and shook his hand, didnt want to talk him away from his family or i would have gotten an autograph.

lol, mick foley (loser)

akon went to a hs in my area lol.

You call mic foley a loser then go on to talk about akon? =\ Seriously?

35b9enp.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Bill Cosby lives a couple towns over from mine, I've seen him around 3 times at the dry cleaners and well, It was weird... I mean I wanted to be like " z0mgsz j00 t3h bill cobsy aut0 graffie pl0xy picz?!1!?!?!" <- :D

But instead me and my brother ended up picking up his tab because he forgot his wallet, at the time my brother didn't even know it was him, until I was like "Dude, we get f**king payed for Bill Cosby dry cleaning, how sweet is that!" and my brother was like "Wait... Dude that was him!"

Good times, good times.

~ Captainkidd

I did live once near the best Romanian soccer player (A.K.A. Football) ever to walk this planet.

But, he was never there :? .

So, instead, me and my friends usually rang the doorbell...

Strangely enough, someone answered once, and so we ran the hell away :ohnoes: .

22031_s.gif

Way to bump a month old topic.

Anyway, I dont live near any famous people nor know anyone who does/has =/

A month isn't even that long.

I think I live near Snoop Dogg; one of my schoolmates takes pictures with him and her mom knows him personally or something like that.

Bill Cosby lives a couple towns over from mine, I've seen him around 3 times at the dry cleaners and well, It was weird... I mean I wanted to be like " z0mgsz j00 t3h bill cobsy aut0 graffie pl0xy picz?!1!?!?!" <- :D

But instead me and my brother ended up picking up his tab because he forgot his wallet, at the time my brother didn't even know it was him, until I was like "Dude, we get f**king payed for Bill Cosby dry cleaning, how sweet is that!" and my brother was like "Wait... Dude that was him!"

Good times, good times.

~ Captainkidd

That would have to be the BEST conversation piece EVER.

I don't live near anyone famous :c

wl7w9j.png

me. once my strategy game hits big. :ugeek:

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.

my neighbourhood is filled with famous/important people:

Right across from my house 4th richest man in the world, and within the street are:

Saudi Royal Family

Brunei Royal Family as in Sultan of Brunei

Jonathan Hunt (foxtons founder)

Leonard Blavatnik

A bunch of other ambassadors as well (my dad is one so)

mathisfun.png

• 4 months later...

Pharrell grew up in the 757. (N.E.R.D.) and I'm pretty sure Missy Elliot still owns a house like... 4 miles from mine lol. Rich [wagon] neighborhood. :XD:

And I SWEAR TO GOD, these two customers who come to my work like, once a month; well, the guy looks exactly like Christian Bale, and his gf looks exactly like the Lawyer from SVU (Casey).

Rep the 757. :thumbup:

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Brian O'Driscoll, pretty famous Rugby player.

Packie Bonner, well known Irish goalkeeper from the 90's.

The drummer for U2.

The bassist from Thin Lizzy,

And the most infamous Irish bank robber in Irish history :lol:

Ye, my area has quite a few famous people

All that I can think of is that The Great Khali (A wrestler) was born a village away from ours in India...

No one from this side of Yorkshire though...

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢