Bands That Have Died

Da Pirates

Metallica...I just heard a song from their newest album...and I nearly killed myself laughing...it was horrible! It was not heavy metal at all...one of my favorite bands goes and kills themselves more with this crap...

Have to laugh at this kind of post, not the post itself but generally all of the negative opinions towards Metallica.

Band changes a musical direction, they're sellouts. Band tries an album with the style that all of the fans loved, it sucks. Maybe I'm missing something, but door #2 really looks like selling out...

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metallica...I just heard a song from their newest album...and I nearly killed myself laughing...it was horrible! It was not heavy metal at all...one of my favorite bands goes and kills themselves more with this crap...

Have to laugh at this kind of post, not the post itself but generally all of the negative opinions towards Metallica.

Band changes a musical direction, they're sellouts. Band tries an album with the style that all of the fans loved, it sucks. Maybe I'm missing something, but door #2 really looks like selling out...

Besides,Metallica is Thrash Metal,not Heavy Metal.Difference exists!

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I know!!! Its so annoying because a lot of people say theyre Heavy Metal and im like: 'No!!! Theyre thrash!!! They were one of the thrash 4 for [cabbage] sake!!!!!'

My Last.Fm

LeekSpinner!!!

Random Furry Dance!!!

Proud to hate life, since not too long ago!!!

I know!!! Its so annoying because a lot of people say theyre Heavy Metal and im like: 'No!!! Theyre thrash!!! They were one of the thrash 4 for [cabbage] sake!!!!!'

thrash metal is a subgenre of heavy metal

Why even try with that idiot? Honestly, there is no point whatsoever. I'd get better replies if I argued with a tree stump.

Would have to say Lynyrd Skynyrd is what people would call Dead though. Mostly because of actual deaths, but the sound's changed quite a bit since '77 or so.

I don't even consider them Lynyrd Skynyrd anymore.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Linkin Park after the first album. Their first album was great, also the Numb single and Numb/Encore with Jay-Z, back then it was Nu Metal, I like that, but now they are like any other rock band. Nothing like their old glory.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Much better than st anger :D
That doesn't really say anything.

I tried it and I was quite disappointed, I was kinda hoping it would be like Ride The Lightning. Oh well, too bad :wall:

To contribute: I can't think of any bands that haven't been mentioned yet... Maybe Death?

2dvjurb.png

Much better than st anger :D
That doesn't really say anything.

I tried it and I was quite disappointed, I was kinda hoping it would be like Ride The Lightning. Oh well, too bad :wall:

To contribute: I can't think of any bands that haven't been mentioned yet... Maybe Death?

so quick was death's death....right after leprosy.

p915h.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Umm.. Drowning Pool, dunno why just don't like new singer, The Used have gone horrible after going mainstream... I hate how it changes their entire sound.. Umm.. Nickelback, Nightwish, Linkin Park, even though I wasn't that big a fan of them to start with.. Lol there was more but bit of a braindead moment atm, I'll update if I remmeber anymore.

oversized.jpg[/bads]

This thread is basically where you post bands that used to be good, but something happened to them (They hit the mainstream, Band member committed suicide) I'll start.

Disturbed used to be good. "The Sickness" has to be one of the best debut albums i've ever seen. "Believe" was amazing. I don't know which song was better, "Prayer" or "Liberate". They released "Ten Thousand Fists" next. A decent album with songs such as "Just Stop" and "Guarded". Then it happened. Disturbed was featured in Guitar Hero 3. This single-handedly killed them. They lost all their true fans (Like myself) and gained all fans who only liked them becuase they heard them on Guitar Hero, "Stricken" (the song featured on Guitar Hero) was the only song these wannabees knew. So I leave you with this: R.I.P. Disturbed 2000-2007

Post away.

TBH is sick of hearing those rants about bands in gh and the fans they gained because they are in gh. I discovered killswitch engage and all that remains because of guitar hero and now im a fan. not because they are in gh. but because they have a freaking good sound, killer lyrics and they are funny ppl too. went to 2-3 shows of killswitch and it was worth the cash.

On Topic

I think bfmv (bullet for my valentine) is near the end....their last album isnt good as their previous..and they are losing fans (from what i have heard) also blessthefall and escape the fate are near the end....Since craig mabbit got kicked out of blessthefall and joined escape the fate, fans are going crazy. Not crazy as in "dude that's sick" but as in "this is bs". Escape the fate's style does not match craig's singing abillities and blessthefall isn't blessthefall w/o craig.

Also Mabbit got a side project band called "The Word Alive". Slowly gaining popularity and they will record a demo soon. What i think that will happen is that craig will leave ETF once TWA is popular.

BTW, the reason why Escape The Fate picked craig mabbit was because their lead singer went to jail for murder (for those who wanted to know

XboxLive, PSN, Steam: fizz4m

If you add me, please say you are from tif :D

• 4 months later...
I know he's not a band but eminem has been dead for a long time.

Didn't he retire and become a producer or something?

EDIT - Oh, he's releasing a new album. Nevermind.

His new single "Crack a Bottle" just makes me sad...eminem show should have been his curtain close.

Good bands live forever. The ones that die and are forgotten are not worth mentioning.

Metallica died, they were great.

Pantera literally died, they were amazing.

Queen also literally died, another great band.

Helloween died (imo) and they are great, one of my favorite bands.

And that's just a few.

Your statement = invalid.