Dynamic Signatures Released!

MageUK

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any reason why mine lost quality? I saved it as a .PNG and it was within the size limits. :-s

Your image will automagically be compressed when you submit it so the sig remains lower than 40kb.

I said it was within the size limits, less than 30KB in fact. I might try again, the colours look a bit stupid. :|

Any reason why mine lost quality? I saved it as a .PNG and it was within the size limits. :-s

Your image will automagically be compressed when you submit it so the sig remains lower than 40kb.

I said it was within the size limits, less than 30KB in fact. I might try again, the colours look a bit stupid. :|

Yes but in order to keep the final image less than 40kb's the image is compressed.

Yes but in order to keep the final image less than 40kb's the image is compressed.

*Sigh*, anything I can do to make my image look the same quality as everybody elses?

<<<Quote Snip>>>

*Sigh*, anything I can do to make my image look the same quality as everybody elses?

Just out of curiosity, what image/photo editor software are you using? :-s

~D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Use an image with less color

Take the picture in low detail

Not much more you can do with an RS picture, the color blending may also have something to do with how you re-sized the image.

I don't understand the point of checking the uploads. You don't check every signature and avatar that are made, so why check these? It'd be no different than if someone put a naked lady in their signature which isn't checked.

I don't understand the point of checking the uploads. You don't check every signature and avatar that are made, so why check these? It'd be no different than if someone put a naked lady in their signature which isn't checked.

These are hosted on the Tip.It server and can be posted on other sites.

These are hosted on the Tip.It server and can be posted on other sites.

To add to that, images of naked ladies are a violation of the Tip.It Rules. Further, Tip.It would not want to be stuck with the stigma of being a fansite that didn't check their custom uploads and therefore let utter trash like that out into the public's view. :shame:

Sorry, Lep1423, but there are many valid reasons that Tip.It DOES check their stuff. :ugeek:

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Signatures and Avatars are something connected to your forum name. It may not be needed if we somehow magically limited it to Tip.it's forums only but these are allowed to be used by anyone. They have the Tip.it name and reputation attached. I would understand the frustration but we are getting sigs checked under an hour! I doubt one has gone by longer than 24 hours since release!

:D

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

What happened to race/goal signatures?

I think they are still in the process of being made/coded.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Just out of curiosity, what image/photo editor software are you using? :-s
This is an irrelvant point. The sig generator compresses the image.

See below image uploaded to tipit and final outcome.

bgdh6.png

Note the quality reduction

One can only hope that perhaps in the future the quality is increased slightly so we can show off our HD backgrounds and poses.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

One can only hope that perhaps in the future the quality is increased slightly so we can show off our HD backgrounds and poses.

Unlikely, considering the higher the quality the more bandwidth it will use.

Maybe not so unlikely... I have seen images where the color was degraded, versus the original color depth. Strangely enough, the one with more color depth had the smaller file size. :-k

BTW, Mercifull, you have my sincere condolences in regard to your image. It would appear that the compressor that Tip.It uses is unable to handle more than about 16 bits of color, at least from what I can tell. :? ... No wonder your image is getting ganked. :(

~D. V. Devnull

My sig would be about 39% higher in filesize on the full uploaded quality however there are a number of optimisation levels.

bgdh6.png original 63.2 kB

bg0jw9.png256 colors 24.4 kB Savings: -61%

bg1vt3.png128 colors 19.2 kB Savings: -69%

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

My sig would be about 39% higher in filesize on the full uploaded quality however there are a number of optimisation levels.

bgdh6.png original 63.2 kB

bg0jw9.png256 colors 24.4 kB Savings: -61%

bg1vt3.png128 colors 19.2 kB Savings: -69%

Maybe you should try uploading one of those?

j0xPu5R.png

I did. The compression is done on Tipit side and still lowers quality even when I upload a more optimised image.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

• 1 month later...

We're proud to announce the release of our Dynamic Goal Signatures!

Once again they're driven by our caching system to try and ensure as little downtime as possible, and they also have short URLs, coming in at a maximum of 47 characters in length for the URL.

The signatures are sized so that you can fit 3 goals and a Tip.It stat signature into your forum signature without exceeding our file size or dimension limits, they're also modelled using the default backgrounds from our stats signatures which means that they go together well with them.

We will not be providing custom backgrounds for goal signatures as they are of such a small size that you would be unable to show off a custom background in the same way as with a normal stat signature.

You can go and get yourself a goal signature here, and you can talk about the release in this topic.

Awesome! That's pretty lenient, 3 goal sigs and a stats one. GJ Tipit team :)

Jcfc.jpeg

Thanks everybody for the sigs | 3,956 to 99 fishing | King of BsK 18/09/08 - 18/10/08

Chelsea Supporter | CD Supporter | AfterShock Member

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Cotton Traders

Now what the hell are you waitin' for? After me, there shall be no more, so for one last time, make some noise.