::.Fable Discussion Thread.:: Fable 3 Released!

Th3_Crusader

I just picked up Fable 2 yesterday and I was playing it just now and I noticed my guy became fat.. How to get him to lose weight? ha

Run or walk around for a bit, and don't eat food, use potions if you need to heal. Also, maxed out physical attributes make you quite hefty.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked up Fable 2 yesterday and I was playing it just now and I noticed my guy became fat.. How to get him to lose weight? ha

Run or walk around for a bit, and don't eat food, use potions if you need to heal. Also, maxed out physical attributes make you quite hefty.

Ooooor go to a grocer and buy out all their celery. 20 pieces will lower you to the thinnest possible if you're the fattest possible.

3,4 and 5 are announced by 2017??!! How can someone plan that far ahead... its like saying I'm going to make my first million by 2024...

That's only about 8 years. I imagine it's something like this.

"We'll put out 3 at [specific date], then work on 4, and 5, and the deadline for 5 is 2017."

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Ooooor go to a grocer and buy out all their celery. 20 pieces will lower you to the thinnest possible if you're the fattest possible.

3,4 and 5 are announced by 2017??!! How can someone plan that far ahead... its like saying I'm going to make my first million by 2024...

That's only about 8 years. I imagine it's something like this.

"We'll put out 3 at [specific date], then work on 4, and 5, and the deadline for 5 is 2017."

It still seems like planning too far ahead for me.. :?

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Sweet, I think I'll try running for a bit and if that doesn't work after like 5 minutes I'll eat some celery. Where would someone recommend me buying my first property?

Look for the bonuses that sleeping at a house gives you. If you can afford it, there are two houses in Bowerstone Market that give you Health bonuses, they're something like 28k gold though. They're the last houses before Fairfax Gardens. If you can't get either one, just buy houses to rent. I never really find much of a difference with any other bonuses.

If you get either of the Health bonus houses, sleep in it once, then rent out the house. You keep sleep bonuses until the next time you sleep.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

It's experience.

Fable is a game I completely fell in love with. BUt I have done the story so much, and clocked out everything and stuff and getting bored. And because of no Xbox 360, I was wondering when they are going to release Fable II for the PC?

lampost_sig_stark.png

I'm trying to do the quest Donating to the Light and when does the mystical sun reach its zenith?

The 'Holy Hour' is 12pm-1pm. You need to donate more than 10k gold during this time to get the weapon. Honestly, I suggest against it unless you have a lot of gold to spare, I didn't really find the weapon to be all that good. 61 damage, and normal speed, and the augment only works on 'truly evil' enemies. So no, not bandits, not balverines.

To find what time it is in-game, press start and look in the top-right corner, it's displayed there.

It's experience.

The weight and appearance thing is cool, but annoying. My physical stats are maxed in most slots, and because of that my guy's really big and awkward-looking. Also, I'm pretty sure you can't have positive "fit" or "thin" points, which is weird. My guy looks weird. But I did manage to get a new head of hair with Knothole Island, I believe. And at least whatever I do won't affect my battle preferences, because if I wanted to I could max all stats by getting into fights and drinking xp potions, which I really like about this game.

Anyone know if See The Future (the most expensive one) is worth it?

This game is pretty short... Once you max out all of the skills, (which is pretty easy), and do most of the quests, theres not much to do... Haven't found all of the silver keys, have found the Gargoyles to get their "secret treasure" (which rocks btw). I haven't gotten the DLC (no LIVE :( ), but otherwise it's waaaaaaay too short.

Also, I've gotten my guy to 100% good, but no halo or anything appears. Do I need to be 100% pure to get it? (100% good with 100% corruption, only because I own a ton of properties and jack up the rent/prices by 20% -.- )

The ending really shocked me tbh...

[hide=may contain spoilers!@@@@]Is Theresa evil? Did she use us just to get The Spire?[/hide]

Also: R.I.P. Barnum. FUUUUUUUU Reaver!@@

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

This game is pretty short... Once you max out all of the skills, (which is pretty easy), and do most of the quests, theres not much to do... Haven't found all of the silver keys, have found the Gargoyles to get their "secret treasure" (which rocks btw). I haven't gotten the DLC (no LIVE :( ), but otherwise it's waaaaaaay too short.

Also, I've gotten my guy to 100% good, but no halo or anything appears. Do I need to be 100% pure to get it? (100% good with 100% corruption, only because I own a ton of properties and jack up the rent/prices by 20% -.- )

The ending really shocked me tbh...

[hide=may contain spoilers!@@@@]Is Theresa evil? Did she use us just to get The Spire?[/hide]

Also: R.I.P. Barnum. FUUUUUUUU Reaver!@@

[hide=Spoilers]I think Theresa will be using the spire to get her brother back. (From Fable I)

And Reaver > Barnum!p[/hide]

258uo8n.jpg

I just got enough cash to buy 2 properties and I have to say they will quickly make me a lot of money. Once the rent equals what I bought the property for originally I will have plenty of money. I'm in the middle of the second hero's quest, right before you head off for the Spire. I'm getting all the quests done.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Beat me to it. Looks like you'll get to be king at some point.

Haha, if people don't know the cheat, you can buy a property, max out the costs, and then change the 360 date to 2025 or w/e the last year is and log in. Then you got a ton of mpney to spend on buying other stuff.

I do it until I can buy the blacksmith place. Usually.

Haha, if people don't know the cheat, you can buy a property, max out the costs, and then change the 360 date to 2025 or w/e the last year is and log in. Then you got a ton of mpney to spend on buying other stuff.

I do it until I can buy the blacksmith place. Usually.

I may try that if I do a second play through, but I want to enjoy the game my first time through.

Explain See the Future and the scene with (almost) crowning, the royal outfit and the crown and everything then. :P

After all, there is some child, who is descended from Fable 2 hero, who is then again descended from Fable hero, that pick up your (Fable 2 hero) crown, after it was lost.

Maybe I'm just rambling, but it's from what I've understood from the DLC and the teaser...

Explain See the Future and the scene with (almost) crowning, the royal outfit and the crown and everything then. :P

I haven't gotten that far yet... I'm only to right before you join the Spire. I'm just messing around right now, finishing the quests up. Plus I haven't bought the DLC yet.

• 11 months later...

I have a fairly decent love for Fable, and I think this thread should have a little revive... So I'll post this.

[hide= Fable 3 Info and Articles]

Compiled Info

• Fable III will be out October 26th 2010
  • In Fable III you start out as the son or daughter of the Fable II hero
  • Fable III will read your save file of II
  • For the First half of the Game you will make promises and gain support to gain the throne
  • You choices will not just affect you but the land around you as well
  • The nation of Albion will be divided
  • You will see poverty and injustice
  • There will be much tougher choices with wider consequences
  • Fable III takes place 50 years after Fable II
  • Players must choose what promises they keep when they were gaining support
  • Fable III will not just take place in Albion
  • Fable III is inspired by Historical references
  • Fable III takes place close to the industrial age
  • New features include (Touch,Judgment, Morphing Weapons)
  • The Dog will be returning in Fable III
  • There are extreme morphs such as Demon and Angel wings that will come out when you hit the expression
  • In Co-op you can bring your own hero and even your dog! you have separate screens and are not tied together (You have to stay in the same region)
  • Your weapon will morph with you depending how you use it, if you kill innocents it drips blood if you only kill enemies it will glow. It may curve depending on how you use it. Your Gamer score also effects the weapon
  • Aurora has been confirmed as another continent
  • The touch system will allow you to hold hands drag people and throw your child up into the air amongst other things.
  • There will be more gore when you kill something if you are e_v_i_l.gif
  • Many finishing moves have been added into the combat system
  • Fable III will have no HUD
  • Natal will be used in Fable III although it is completely optional.
  • The Tyrant King's name is Logan
  • You start out chubby in Fable III
  • You will go to Aurora in Fable III
  • You can marry your co-op partner in Fable III
  • There are no changing seasons in Fable III but regions will have different weather (Snow, Sunny etc..)
  • Magic will be based on objects
  • The 2D Menu system has been replaced with a series of 3d rooms
  • The Butler in the 3d rooms is voiced by John Cleese
  • There is a 3D map in the game accessed at a table where you can zoom in and manage your kingdom
  • The Rooms of the GUI are the Guild Chamber
  • So far rooms that have been confirmed are wardrobe, armory, war room and achievement room
  • You can see where your friends are on the map in the war room
  • You can still mix and match clothes the butler is just there for suggestions.
  • New features for the map will be added as you progress through the story.
  • The tyrant king Logan is your brother voiced by Micheal Fassenbender
  • Aurora is a vast desert of canyons
  • The people in Aurora have a Moroccan style clothing
  • After you become king you can decide whether to keep the country moving towards industrialization or you can go Green
  • There will be episodic DLC that continues the story of Fable III
  • Magic is still tied to objects however it is no longer rings we don't kn ow quite yet what it is, yo0u can still weave magic though
  • Reaver will make a return in Fable III you can make promises to him including making a Forrest town into a factory district I.
  • At the start of the game you will choose from four starting weapons that will morph throughout your play through
  • There are librariein game, where you find out about characters and items,
  • Ben Kinsley will do the voice of The King of Mist Peak
  • There is an important NPC ally named Walter voiced by Bernard Hill
  • There are new regions called Brightwall, Bowerstone Industrial, Mist Peak, Mourning-wood, Drift Wood, Misty Valley, Raven Camp, Bowerstone Old-Quarters, Dweller Camp
  • Three Regions will be returning from Fable II Bowerstone Market, Fairfax Gardens (Bowerstone Castle) and Bower lake (Mill Fields)
  • Your butler was first a servant of Logan the tyrant king
  • Minions will make a return in Fable III
  • You can teleport to a different region from the Map
  • Your Butler's name is Jasper
  • Fable III has been confirmed to be on PC
  • The Limited Edition costs $79.99/£59.99/€84.99.
  • The Limited Edition includes, playing cards with characters from the game, a guild seal coin with a good and evil side, Exclusive in game content the includes a quest sword (Wolfsbane), region, dog breed (Boxer) and outfit from Aurora.
  • The game has legendary weapons
  • Wild animals to fight such as wolves.
  • Fable III couch co-op shares a camera
  • Contrary to some speculation Natal will not be compatible with the PC version of Fable III
  • PC and 360's will not have cross platform play
  • Magic is now tied to Gauntlets you can combine two spells by wearing a separate spell on each hand
  • The Hero will speak for the first time in Fable Games
  • When buying items at shops you zoom in on the shelves and purchase the item
  • The GUI is called the Sanctuary
  • There are at least 17 Main regions in Fable III
  • Renown will not be in Fable III
  • Rooms in the Sanctuary include, Armory, Clothing room, Treasure room and Multiplayer room along with the main War room where the map is
  • You can level up your hero, weapons, and houses
  • When you are about to die you screen turns red
  • There are seven spells,Confirmed spells include Vortex, Lightning, Fireball and swords
  • Confirmed Touch expressions include shaking hands, holding hands, dragging, dancing, hugging, chicken, farting, paddy cake, threaten and petting the dog.
  • According to one developer Fable III will take 30-40 hours to complete (We have also heard 15-20 hours)
  • There are over twenty outfits in the game which have have good and evil variants and 12 dyes
  • If you get knocked out you will lose followers depending on the time of day and location.
  • Fable III will have more cinematic cut scenes than Fable II
  • All three weapon types can morph (Melee, Ranged and Gauntlets)
  • Both Melee and Ranged have two weapon types (Sword, Hammer, Rifle, Pistol)
  • You can have various relationships in co-op marriage and a business partnership which in both cases you combine bank accounts
  • There are three dog breeds in Fable III, you can change your dogs breed via the Sanctuary
  • You will not be arrested for crimes you committed once you become king
  • Leveling up is done on a misty road leading to a castle, you unlock gates where you can choose skills by gaining a certain amount of followers which in turn rewards you a new Guild Seal.
  • Theresa is returning as your guide in Fable III
  • At the beginning of the game you escape Bowerstone Castle through your parents tomb

[/hide]

EDIT: I got rid of a good bit of it to make it easier to read without causing hellfire lag and taking too much space.

vizardsig-1.png

THAT IS THE LONGEST POST I HAVE EVER SEEN

Go look at some of his posts in the Halo thread. BE AMAZED.

From what I've read in OXM, and this, I'm probably going to be getting it. Dang, between Halo reach, Call of Duty Black Ops, and a few others games I have my eye on, this is going to be one crazy fall/winter...

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

THAT IS THE LONGEST POST I HAVE EVER SEEN

Go look at some of his posts in the Halo thread. BE AMAZED.

From what I've read in OXM, and this, I'm probably going to be getting it. Dang, between Halo reach, Call of Duty Black Ops, and a few others games I have my eye on, this is going to be one crazy fall/winter...

I noticed my post can be very long at times :oops: I actually think that was my longest I have ever done, I tried editing a mistake I did but it was too big for me to do.

Many good games this year, Fable 3, Halo Reach, COD: BO, Fallout New Vegas, etc.

OT: There is 4 weapon types; Sword, Hammer and Rifle, Pistol. It might seem small but there is 88,000 possible morphs per weapon type, and there is a rumor happening on the Lionhead site saying there is 5 morphs per weapon before it stops morphing. I remember seeing a sword that looked like a tree branch, and an evil looking scythe. Basically the weapon you use a lot becomes a legendary weapon in a way. If there is a morph like this, I would totally have it.

Weapon:Royal Staff of Respect (Pimp Cane) :cool:

Morph1: Gain 10 follower's respect by causing physical and physiological pain.

Morph2: Have Sex with 100 Prostitutes

Morph3: Marry 10 Prostitutes

Morph4: Make the your King/Queen's spouse to be a [bleep].

Morph5: Make Prostitution Legal

Result: A golden cane with a diamond crown.

Special Effect: Allows you to use an Enhanced Slap ability.

_____

I highly doubt they would include it, but I would want that weapon. I will try at least.

What weapon do you guys want?

vizardsig-1.png