What adverts annoy you most?

MuffinMaddy

What adverts annoy you?

I'm getting annoyed with the clearasil adverts at the moment.

Its really frequent and I think the 'just picture me naked' phrase is completely unnecessary.

There isn't much talking at the beginning of the advert and you cant tell whats going on till the end of it.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Head-On, applied directly to the forehead!

I HATE that commercials.

Also, the Free credit report.com commercials. The songs are pretty catchy, but then they get stuck in your head and annoy the heck out of you...

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Also, the Free credit report.com commercials. The songs are pretty catchy, but then they get stuck in your head and annoy the heck out of you...

I second that notion.

There are a few that annoy me, but for different reasons than most people.

The GGW commercials that are on late-night during SP annoy me. I mean, I know the demographic for that show is 17-24 male, but still. There are better places for that ad.

Another one is that stupid Lipozene stuff. It's supposedly this wonderful weight-loss product. Now how are you gonna get customers by calling them "unattractive"? Not really nice, now is it?

Those are the ones that annoy me, for very odd reasons I know.

I think the Netflix pop-up that I usually get, and occasionally will be spammed with are very annoying. Sometimes it'll open up as many as 3 of the same popups at once, and my popup blockers fail to block them. It's always the Netflix popup or some "download free *illegal* music" popup.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I second that notion.

There are a few that annoy me, but for different reasons than most people.

The GGW commercials that are on late-night during SP annoy me. I mean, I know the demographic for that show is 17-24 male, but still. There are better places for that ad.

Another one is that stupid Lipozene stuff. It's supposedly this wonderful weight-loss product. Now how are you gonna get customers by calling them "unattractive"? Not really nice, now is it?

Those are the ones that annoy me, for very odd reasons I know.

No, it's smart to say that. They get people to think lowly of themselves, and then the consumer buys the product because they think it will give them higher self-esteem and make them look better. simple, really.

My favourite advert had got to be caradvert when the car turns into the robot and dances to that funky music.

Interesting to see a range of different opinions here.

I also quite like DFS sofa ads and PC world ads.

DFS sofa ads always have great music...so i basically dance to it instead of listen to the words.

PC world because 1: I work with them, 2: The most recent muic used is good.

I'm a musical person :roll: I think music can contribute to how effective an adver is...the better the musical arrangement, the more it draws me into the product.

Dunno about you but thats what its like for me.

Aha! Another reason why i hate clearasil ads...no music :lol:

I like the Vo5 ad too.

I'm a musical person :roll: I think music can contribute to how effective an adver is...the better the musical arrangement, the more it draws me into the product.

Dunno about you but thats what its like for me.

Have you seen Rivers ads? You'd like them.

Cool.

There's been an large amount of "Male Enhancement/Stamina Extender" commercials lately. They just annoy me. Seriously, do they think everyone in America has a need for that sort of thing? I can see advertising it once in a while, but every commercial break? It's excessively annoying.

7 years 'scape knowledge and counting

m8pu02.png

99 Attack - June 8th 2010 99 Defence - August 2nd 2011 99 HP - December 2nd 2011

I have that free credit report song stuck in my head now. Thanks. Ya lousy buncha...

I hate those Head-On commercials where all they say is that they hate the commercial, but don't say what the product is all about. My guess is headache relief. I'm also not fond of those advertisements for the roll'n'grow or something, where you lay out a mat and water it and it grows flowers. It pegs a perfectly fine hobby as "wasting time".

There's been an large amount of "Male Enhancement/Stamina Extender" commercials lately. They just annoy me. Seriously, do they think everyone in America has a need for that sort of thing? I can see advertising it once in a while, but every commercial break? It's excessively annoying.

What channels have you been watching....? :-s

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

What I hate about them is that they advertise on channels that they expect fat people with low self esteem to watch. Comedy Central, G4, [bleep]e TV, etc. They're basically saying "are you fat? If you're watching this TV channel, you probably are. Buy this product, you unattractive freak. Then go back to watching South Park without leaving a butt mark on your seat."

Another commercial I hate are those Billy Mays commercial. He talks WAY TOO LOUDLY. "Scream scream scream! I'm Billy Mays!!!!!!!! Buy this product!!!!!! Look how well it works!!!!! Scream scream scream!!!!! Call now!!!".

Someone needs to tell that guy that CAPS LOCK IS NOT NECESSARY ALL THE TIME.

[hide=]

But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

What I hate about them is that they advertise on channels that they expect fat people with low self esteem to watch. Comedy Central, G4, [bleep]e TV, etc. They're basically saying "are you fat? If you're watching this TV channel, you probably are. Buy this product, you unattractive freak. Then go back to watching South Park without leaving a butt mark on your seat."

Another commercial I hate are those Billy Mays commercial. He talks WAY TOO LOUDLY. "Scream scream scream! I'm Billy Mays!!!!!!!! Buy this product!!!!!! Look how well it works!!!!! Scream scream scream!!!!! Call now!!!".

Someone needs to tell that guy that CAPS LOCK IS NOT NECESSARY ALL THE TIME.

Exactly. By having those commercials on those specific channels, it's calling the ENTIRE demographic fat and ugly.

Billy Mays may be annoying, but I will admit, the stuff he's advertizing for does works. The only reason I know this is because of buying some of them on a whim from the store (mostly the cleaning produsts) and trying it.

What channels have you been watching....? :-s

Lenin, they show alot of the "male enhancement" commercials on TruTV. The demographic is usually older males/couples who enjoy watching shows like Cops and Forensic Files.

1 in 5 American adults has genital herpes. You can give herpes to your partner at any time even without signs or symptoms.

Guy: "I have genital herpes"

Girl: "and I still don't"

do I really need to know that? That commercial is worse than all those boner pill commercials combined -.-

And mighty putty does NOT work, although my dad did buy a copycat brand of it that worked extremely well

The freaking annoying Geico and Allstate commercials!!!We don't care about a stupid gecko!!!

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

Speaking of allstate, there was one commercial which was actually a series of 3 commercials. The first one had a car crash and the dude saying "this is not the time you wish you had accident forgiveness" followed by a girl talking about Allstate's accident forgiveness plan. Then you think its over and BAM, another car crash, followed by the guy saying "this is not the time you wish you had better insurance coverage" and the girl once again talking about Allstate's plan. Then you think its over and BAM! again, another car crash, the guy talking again, then the girl, and finally its over. I shudder to think of it.

Oh, and how can I forget the Lionel Coin Bank commecials, with those kids as minions trying to hypnotise you into buying it? "Lionel Coin Bank, Lionel Coin Bank, Lionel Coin Bank, Lionel Coin Bank, save your money, save your money, save your money, save your money, Lionel Coin Bank, Lionel Coin Bank, Lionel Coin Bank..." Thats the most demonic commercial ever.

[hide=]

[/hide]

montageo.png

Speaking of allstate, there was one commercial which was actually a series of 3 commercials. The first one had a car crash and the dude saying "this is not the time you wish you had accident forgiveness" followed by a girl talking about Allstate's accident forgiveness plan. Then you think its over and BAM, another car crash, followed by the guy saying "this is not the time you wish you had better insurance coverage" and the girl once again talking about Allstate's plan. Then you think its over and BAM! again, another car crash, the guy talking again, then the girl, and finally its over. I shudder to think of it.

Oh, and how can I forget the Lionel Coin Bank commecials, with those kids as minions trying to hypnotise you into buying it? "Lionel Coin Bank, Lionel Coin Bank, Lionel Coin Bank, Lionel Coin Bank, save your money, save your money, save your money, save your money, Lionel Coin Bank, Lionel Coin Bank, Lionel Coin Bank..." Thats the most demonic commercial ever.

Make it stop!! :wall: It really does have some sort of demonic aura around that song. Head on is evil too and I don't even know what it does :roll:

Does it even say what's its used for...? :|

My worst has to be car commericals. "Whoo I'm driving up a skyscraper in my black SVU. Ima try this irl!"

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Difficult but theres a car commercial with a band, i think the feeling(that doesnt help straight away), which is the crappest most irrelevant song to a car commercial, and why is there a child from the borrowers throwing a tennis ball at a SAT NAV.Also its in every advertisement break, sometimes twice in one break.

Oh now if your going to make a car commercial do an epic commercial which lasts a few minutes with some good music and a bit of nostalgia if you can like the honda legacy commercial (

)with the song impossible dream.Thats how you sell engineering, not making a car that acts like a dog...which i always see at the cinema.

EDIT:It deserves a mention

tifsdac6mc.gif