What adverts annoy you most?

MuffinMaddy

I like the 'confused.com' ad :P

I also quite like 'Uswitch' the choir ones always had me singing along.

"you gotta switch, can you switch?"

I like the Halifax ads too.

"We give you extra, 50 times extra"

Had me singing along too.

I also <3: the olympics ads. the cartoons are freaky but the music is nice.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That stupid "moonpig" advert. Everytime the woman says "moonpig" in the musical way, it really does send chills down my spine. It has to be the worst advert ever, and it always bugs me. I have to race to get the controller to change the channel if it ever comes on.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Adverts online that are made to look like an actual Windows pop-up. "You are 100.000th visitor to this site! click here to claim your prize"

They don't seem to detect the fact that I'm running Linux so the results are quite dumb.

I saw one of those while browsing youtube, saying I was the 999,999th visitor. It was funny, because the ad was right next to a video with 16 million views :wall: .

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Ok. We need this to replace EVERY BAD AD there ever was. Because, this here is epic.

http://theslackerz.com/index.php?Page=7

Please, the ultimate herpes ad ever.

Anyway, bad ads? I just hate that one for male enhancement, where he's at a christmas party, and all the women want to sit on his lap. And he's grinning and stuff. Where in other commercials, the same guy, for the same product, has a wife... What a great guy -.-

Valid_Logic.png

I had a piece of grass on my shoe, and she wiped that off. Yeah. Impressive, eh? That's probably the closest I've ever been to having sex. :P

That stupid "moonpig" advert. Everytime the woman says "moonpig" in the musical way, it really does send chills down my spine. It has to be the worst advert ever, and it always bugs me. I have to race to get the controller to change the channel if it ever comes on.

Yea, moonpig annoys me too. It goes on for too long...yet I think the card designing idea is pretty good. But yes, the singing gets annoying after a while.

"If you try my product you'll have hours and hours and hours of sexual performance."

Kinda made me laugh in the inside a bit. :oops:

I hate all hygine/sexual performance commericals too.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Ok. We need this to replace EVERY BAD AD there ever was. Because, this here is epic.

http://theslackerz.com/index.php?Page=7

Please, the ultimate herpes ad ever.

Anyway, bad ads? I just hate that one for male enhancement, where he's at a christmas party, and all the women want to sit on his lap. And he's grinning and stuff. Where in other commercials, the same guy, for the same product, has a wife... What a great guy -.-

PLAAAAYAAAA :lol: 8-)

That herpes comic thing sums up how I feel about those commercials. All they do is reduce the risk of spreading herpes, and I don't care how many medications somebody is on to control the herpes. Even if there's a .01% chance of getting herpes from someone talking a med, they aren't coming near me :evil:

• 4 months later...

An amazing advert that has been shown recently is the pampers ad.

I really like the voices in the choir and they make me want to buy pampers for no particular reason :oops:

The PC World ad's backing music is also pretty cool but I think the advert is abit short.

The HIV advert telling people not to ignore people with HIV is good but people don't really get the message till the very end.

The 'FIRE KILLS' ad with the candles at christmastime is really good because again, you don't get the messasge till the end. It creates the feeling that something bad is going to happen.

Back on topic, an advert that annoys me at the moment is the talk to frank one about drugs.

On the news it was said that the advert's images are too graphic to see after 9pm, yet they still show the advert then.

I am someone that doesn't particularly like seeing images of a dying heart close to the time I am going to sleep because the last image

that I see tends to stick in my head.

The only commercials I enjoy are the MythBusters ones on Discovery and Nationwide car insurance ads... And occasionally the Progressive car insurance ones (OR A BIG TRICKED-OUT NAMETAG) Oh and I liked the Wii ads..

The best ones are the NHL ones from a few years ago; they had goalies and they were awesome. AND NOW I'M A JANITOR! CUSTODIAL ENGINEER!

Dating advertisements

I find it really sad when someone gets desperate enough for a boy/girlfriend to go online and get one, no offense to the people who do it. But as long as they're happy, I could care less about them. I think the only proper time to go online is to seek dating advice.

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

So I was shopping for a new car,

which one's me?

A cool convertible

or an SUV

Too bad I didn't know my credit was whack

So now I'm driving off the lot in a used sub-compact...

Yeah, that.

Oh, and...

"Have you ever thought a PILL could make a certain part of the male body larger?"

"This is Bob!"

"All I have to say is... Sham- WOW!" :shame:

Umm the advert that annoys me the most on the PC is the "You have won blah blah blah click here!!" I remember seeing the first one of those when I was like 12 year old. Gullible Mel! =D>

The advert that I hate the most on tv are the ads that try to make you feel guilty for not donating your spare cash to a charity. That isn't the real reason to donate at all. It's none of their business what your family decides to spend your spare cash on but if you do sponsor a child in poverty then that's nice too. Also the "violence against women, Australia says NO!" I find it extremely discriminatory, women can be violent to their boyfriends and husbands too. Sure it might be a little embarrassing but it certainly happens!

The ads that I do like on the PC are ones that say "drink santa under the table" or "throw this shoe at mr bush". It's always humorous to have a click. Doesn't mean I pay any attention to whatever it is they're advertising on the other side. I just wanted to throw that shoe at Mr Bush's head. Victory!

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I hate it when I go to a website and there are adverts with sound, especially the ones saying you won something. On tv, I hate any and all commercials that deal with 'feminine hygeine products'.

It's creepy when those ads are on, everything goes quiet cause we all know what they're for... :?

Anyway... any ads online tick me off. :| I once saw two ads on the same page - "You are the 666th visitor to this page" and on the side "You are the one-millionth visitor to this page"

:wall:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

how about those optimum comercials that are set about 5 volume levels higher than your current volume. or those spanish/latino commercials about their digital cable. they sing their little reggae song with a puertorician and some decent looking girls with their jingle-*877 493 4448!* reggae=phail.

the geico caveman thing is old too. about 2 years old to be *almost* exact.

any military commercials about being awsome and a P-I-M-P after coming back from iraq or the navy drives me nuts too.

how about those internet adds where you accidentally roll your mouse over it and it takes up 1/3rd of the screen? tif has one of some stupid university i'll never go to.

as long as it's not animated,, idc. :wall:

if you watch this without volume it becomes funny as hell.

[hide=]

tacos, fettuccine, linguine, martini, bikini

[/hide]

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).