August 26th 2008 - All Fired Up

darkjab

Great. MORE P2P quest / content / skill usefulness / items.

If Runescape is the most popular free to play MMORPG, as they said on their website, then you'd think they'd have more quests, content, skills, and things to do with those skills for F2P players than they have now.

As a F2P player my entire Runescape career (about 3 years now), I appreciate the recent changes to add some minigames (ANY minigames!) to the list of things to do as F2P, and some more gear to what F2P players can use. And certainly doing away with RWT made nearly all the macros go away, which leads to it being much easier for F2P players to mine and chop trees. But it still bugs me that there's such a great disparity in what F2P players can do, where we can go, and how much we can store in the bank compared to P2P players.

hmtourniquet.png

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a few questions before i go try this if anyone can inform me

how many logs will i need for 14 beacons 280?

will yew/magic logs work long enough without leaving extra logs?

can i get the ADZE without 92 FM? i shouldnt beable to use it, but can i obtain it?

20 * 14 = 280

280 logs for all 14

If you put the logs in in advance and use o'glogg infinite run poll its easily doable with yews with no extra payment

No you cannot, you need 92 fm to light the 14th beacon

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The guide on the KB is wrong about the levels needed to use logs in the beacons. I used yews to get my ring when i was 68 fm, yes the Kb says 79 is required, so it may be that yews are glitched or maybe they all are.

Its been a good update, given me a reason to level fm finally, not sure wether ill manage to last all the way to 92 or not.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

They are just getting ready for the BIG ULTRA AWESOME quest, it's suppose to be the 150th quest.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

If Runescape is the most popular free to play MMORPG, as they said on their website, then you'd think they'd have more quests, content, skills, and things to do with those skills for F2P players than they have now.

As a F2P player my entire Runescape career (about 3 years now), I appreciate the recent changes to add some minigames (ANY minigames!) to the list of things to do as F2P, and some more gear to what F2P players can use. And certainly doing away with RWT made nearly all the macros go away, which leads to it being much easier for F2P players to mine and chop trees. But it still bugs me that there's such a great disparity in what F2P players can do, where we can go, and how much we can store in the bank compared to P2P players.

Wait, the fact that FREE players get much less content updates than the people that PAY to play bugs you? Does it sound like there is something wrong with that, because i certainly think my money shouldn't be used to make people that don't want to pay happy, but to make me happy. As Runescape is the biggest f2p mmorpg they shouldn't update the free game, but rather improve the members content to get some of those players to subscribe. Jagex is a company, and company's want MONEY, not free players.

The minigame itself is pretty simple, took me around an hour to complete with fixing all things/giving free items and loading the logs first. Had to even complete 3 stupid quests, but it was definitely worth it for the adze :D

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

has anybody times the exp with the beacons compared to regular fm'ing? Its a lot of exp per beacon if you do all you can, it might be faster, but if nobody tests it i guess i will tomorrow.

p.s 1337 post count :thumbsup:

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

The guide on the KB is wrong about the levels needed to use logs in the beacons. I used yews to get my ring when i was 68 fm, yes the Kb says 79 is required, so it may be that yews are glitched or maybe they all are.

Its been a good update, given me a reason to level fm finally, not sure wether ill manage to last all the way to 92 or not.

Are you sure you weren't looking at the ring? I think the ring needs 68 fm to get it. :?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Okaay.. I just checked the RS spoiler and it said the reward is 20k gp, 5.5k fmi xp AND 5k agi xp AND 1.5k cons XP... WTF? Where will I get that xp?
I see it too. Maybe you get it after lighting all the beacons?

Edit: Just checked. Nothing about getting experience on the minigame page.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Are you sure you weren't looking at the ring? I think the ring needs 68 fm to get it. :?

the kb lists the levels neededto use certain logs on the beacons, it says 79 for yews, yet i was 68 fm at the time and could still use yews.

zqXeV.jpg

Well I wanted to find out how great this might be, and I did some number crunching, so I think I'll show you my work.

There's a 2772.5exp(13-15 yew logs) minimum for lighting each and every one. Not that great for 280 logs, right?

Well, if you were to light each and everyone you'd also get the bonuses that (I believe) stack. The total for every one lit is 44527.4exp (or close to 219-222 yews)!

Now, bear with me, I haven't been on the game yet so I haven't personally tested this. I would really like to believe the knowledge base, but as stated previously....it was indeed flawed =p

I am nice. . .

They do stack, so you get the bonus for 2, then 3, then 4, then 5 etc etc, its all dependant on how fast you can do it wether its any good exp tbh.

zqXeV.jpg

I dont understand why ppl say the adze is better than a dragon axe. If you want 99 woodcutting, isnt it better to just buy a dragon axe than getting 92 firemaking? Lets say i want 99 wc, i only need a dragon axe and then get 99, if i dont want the axe anymore, i can just sell it back and maybe get a profit.

But the adze is untradable and you need 92 firemaking to get it. Its a lot faster to just get a d axe and get 99 wc than getting 92 firemaking and then 99 wc...

signaturews1.png

Proud owner of a Questcape

I dont understand why ppl say the adze is better than a dragon axe. If you want 99 woodcutting, isnt it better to just buy a dragon axe than getting 92 firemaking? Lets say i want 99 wc, i only need a dragon axe and then get 99, if i dont want the axe anymore, i can just sell it back and maybe get a profit.

But the adze is untradable and you need 92 firemaking to get it. Its a lot faster to just get a d axe and get 99 wc than getting 92 firemaking and then 99 wc...

The adze isn't to train WC it's to get 99 FM more easily provided that you train it with WC. The idea is that you first get the adze, then use the adze to train to 99 WC, and then use the FM xp generated by the adze to get 99 FM.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

The adze isn't to train WC it's to get 99 FM more easily provided that you train it with WC. The idea is that you first get the adze, then use the adze to train to 99 WC, and then use the FM xp generated by the adze to get 99 FM.

Oh, in that case, i guess its pretty good, i just wonder the rate the adze burns the logs.

signaturews1.png

Proud owner of a Questcape

xpx pretty much hit the nail on the head with what he said.

As a full f2p player, you should not expect, and should even doubt that any update will ever take place in f2p again. You get 20% of the game (rough estimate based on #quests skills items minigames etc) for dididly squat, zilch, [cabbage] all so to speak. I'm currently f2p also, I hardly play because i have nothing to do, if i want to play again, I'll pay for another few months because I can. If i dont feel like paying but still want to play, I'll skill and slowly train some skills that are cheap and easy on f2p. I dont expect, or really want anything while I'm on f2p. Why? because f2p is just a huge advertisement for members.

Jagex is good at marketing. they give "big" updates to f2p every once in a blue moon (using the Greenwich lunar calendar) to make it seem like they truly care about you, and to entice you pay up and get the rest of the cookies to go with your half full cup of milk.

Seriously, I'm all for Jagex giving things to f2p, really I am, because it benifits members even more than it does f2p, as it creates a large player base, and always has member only features, giving higher revenue to the game, in turn making each update even better. But when people who solely play on free worlds and refuse to pay, complain that they get stiffed on updates? OMFG- grow up and look at the intricate pattern layed out before you:

People Pay= guaranteed weekly updates and content. extra skills full access bla bla bla

Dont Pay= Guaranteed play whenever you want, access to some fun stuff till about level 70. updates as stated above, using the lunar calendar.

So stop whining and pay if you want updates, or shut up and be happy there even is a free version for you to use as a trial.

on topic- Inticing to train up my firemaking for when I come back to members (next year most likely #-o )

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

Erm, you don't pay for updates so why should you get them as often as members? If I recall correctly you have already received the new Achievement Diary, the RuneCrafting Guild and Jagex was even so kind to allow you have to have HD. That is plenty, maybe some would argue too much. Stop whining and fork out some money if you desperately want some updates.

Erm, you don't pay for updates so why should you get them as often as members? If I recall correctly you have already received the new Achievement Diary, the RuneCrafting Guild and Jagex was even so kind to allow you have to have HD. That is plenty, maybe some would argue too much. Stop whining and fork out some money if you desperately want some updates.

i dont care if i get flamed for this but imo f2p (mostly) are stupid freeloaders who want something for nothing

i think f2p should get full access to memebers things but get givern a limited time(1 month maybe)

"Its a rip off!"

well how much do you pay for a game on a playstation for example

30 pounds is average and you will normally if it is a good game get 30 hours of game play out of it a really good game maybe 60 hours(failed to finish legend of zelda in 30 hours and gave gave up :lol:)

say you play runescape for 3 years maybe

thats around 90 pounds (becasue of discount when u buy whole years) and if you play only 10 mins a day average then thats

10x7 =70 mins

70minsx52=3640

3640x3=10920

i make that to be 182 hours!

so just playing 10 minutes a day makes runescape one of the best value games ever!

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Back to the subject...

This adze automagically breaks away when the tree becomes an ent :thumbsup: You get a box that says you need an axe to chop the tree.

My guess is Bob hasn't been set up yet to repair the adze and it's probably a temporary perk.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Well I wanted to find out how great this might be, and I did some number crunching, so I think I'll show you my work.

There's a 2772.5exp(13-15 yew logs) minimum for lighting each and every one. Not that great for 280 logs, right?

Well, if you were to light each and everyone you'd also get the bonuses that (I believe) stack. The total for every one lit is 44527.4exp (or close to 219-222 yews)!

Now, bear with me, I haven't been on the game yet so I haven't personally tested this. I would really like to believe the knowledge base, but as stated previously....it was indeed flawed =p

Hmm, I calculated only 37k xp, with about 39k if you used the fire ring and glove combo. Here's the kicker:

YOU CAN USE WILLOW LOGS and get the same xp. So, get the Ogre quest done so you have infinite run option, load up all the pyres, get your infinite run, light each and everyone in less than 10 minutes.

The question then is: How fast can you do all this? 280 yews (417 each) costs about 117k. 280 willow logs (about 18 each) cost 4320 gp. So the cost saving is there to use low level logs. Only saving point then is the time it takes to do a full round to load up then get 14 pyres lit. I assume it takes 20 minutes to burn 280 yew logs, so use the 40k XP, 4500 gp cost (plus travel costs which I'm sure is high per round) and time to compare to yew's 117k gp cost, 56k xp and 20 minutes.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Someone asked earlier how often it burns logs you cut.

My un-scientific percentage is about 33% of the time it will burn one.

I estimate you cut about 40 logs per bank run instead of the usual 28.

Here is a screenshot of it being extra active with the burning.

But this is NOT typical.

burn.png

Personally I love the Adze, and it might even motivate me to work towards 99 woodcutting sooner than I would've before.

Last night I cut maples behind seers bank for about 5 hours.

I got ~200k woodcut xp and ~80k firemaking xp.

Note that the FM XP is ONLY from the adze.

I don't typically woodcut, so can anyone tell me if these numbers are good?

End__User.png

Wow, the Adze really looks useful. This may have been asked already but if you wear the ring or glove while using the Adze, do you get extra xp for those logs burned too?