9/11 7 years later

Bufoman

I was in 4th grade, actually. Not like it matters, but just thought I'd throw that out there. Anyways, I remember walking into the classroom, looking at the TV, seeing the buildings in smoke, and thinking it was just a bad fire- the news covered those fairly often. I don't remember anything besides that, and that the national anthem and God Bless the USA and all those songs kept playing over and over on the radio, and my mom made me put my hand over my heart every time it happened.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Range_This said it pretty nicely, in my previous post I was mainly referring to people who live in the middle of nowhere, and don't know anyone who was really, really effected by it. In NYC and DC, I understand if people have ceremonies and stuff, likewise with families and friends of the victims. You can't expect those people to just forget, to get past it. But most of us, who probably can't even name a few people who died that day, and was nowhere near where anything happened, we can.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

9/11 was a terrorist attack, remembering it is personal, you dont see the brits in this forum making threads about the bus bomings. Get over it, move on, heal up.

Yea, because something that affects the psyche like that is easy to get over. :roll:

We Brits did. I dont even remember the last broadcasting of a program covering the London bomings, but theres been dozens of twin tower coverage.

If you had a relative or a close friend who was involved in 11/9, youd have something more of an excuse, but even then you shouldnt just dwell on it and mourn, its not going to bring them back or make it any easier to deal with. The plane hit the building, people died - get over it.

knkcopy.jpg

We all know 9/11 happened.

It doesn't need a new topic every year, theres been other acts of terrorism too.

Say whtaever you want, but all I need to say is that the worst is over now. Though its freaky that I was just reading an arc of Jack which had one of the towers in it.

I agree, some people act as if America is the only country in the world that has ever been attacked, but hey, why not do some research about things like Madrid, London, and go back a bit and you can see earlier acts, like Lockerbie?

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

Also the world trade center is the only target anyone cares about. Didn't one hit a pentagon, and one targeted the white house.

The reason everyone cares about the trade center is because it was in a much bigger, regular place like New York City, and killed many people. The pentagon detonation I don't know how many people it killed but not nearly as much. And the other plane was supposedly en route to washington d.c., not the white house, but supposedly "crashed" and no good evidence of the "crash" was found though.

I think the only people that should really be affected by this day are the ones who lost family or friends in it. Most people on these boards didn't even really comprehend the gravity of the situation when it happened. Most of you were in elementary school. Sure your teacher told you what happened, but I bet you any amount of money the next few days the talk at the lunch table over peanut-butter and jelly sandwiches was definitely NOT about the soon to be war on terror or the mechanics behind the attacks. Was it a terrible thing? Absolutely, but so are many other things that have happened to innocent civilians around the world (as stated by previous references to World War 2 and Africa) that don't get nearly as much attention as this. As a country we need to collectively get over this whole deal. I think in my lifetime my parents have only said ONCE where they were when Kennedy was assassinated, and it seems to me that when the President of the United States is killed, that's a bigger deal. The idea of extreme patriotism when something happens to your country and being massively upset about it, is quite pointless if you ask me.
I was in 3rd grade when it happened and yes I am American. Something bad happens to you when you're little you're told to "just get over it." Even if its something really bad. It isn't healthy to dwell on the past. Whoever said "history repeats itself", I'm sure he didn't want you to study every aspect of the video until your eyes bleed to learn how to better deal with it if the exact situation comes up again.

Just saying our opinions don't matter because we were in elementary school is like saying we're all a bunch of [developmentally delayed]s who will never grow up.

People bring it up cause it something tragic that happened in the U.S, U.S barely has any attacks or anything, and 9/11 was kinda the spark of the war. People also remember it cause it happened in their lifetime, it's kinda ignorant to forget it.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I remember, I was just 7 in the 1st grade. I think I was taken out of school early that day. Then after wards, taken out or not, I can remember my parents putting on (i think) CNN to see what had just really happened.. Then every year they talk about it. It's really sad. And it would be a shame to just forget about it. Thousands of men and women lost their life that day.

1363468.jpg

The reason why this event is remembered over other events is because these things don't happen in the U.S I mean everyone knows people in Africa are dying because of starvation, disease and violence, but its the norm. People are used to that, people are also used to natural disasters and there have been many awful ones so that's why those aren't remembered as much. I don't think anyone could have predicted that 2 planes are going to crash into the WTC and another crash into the pentagon on September 11,2001.

Its precisely why I find America arrogant. Just one (or two) events and it has got to be mentioned every single year. There are way more unsung heroes of Africa that don't get [cabbage] credit for the stuff they sacrifice for said events.

And how can you say that the Africans are "used to" said tragic events happening? Everytime an incident occurs, someone looses their loved ones and is heartbroken. There's no such crap as "Oh hey, someone died. Oh well Im used to it anyway". It may be a free world and such, but I think that we should strongly consider the feelings of others before making such comments.

Ok, I didn't state it in the right way, what I meant was that is the the norm for people here ( In the U.S), not in Africa. That is why America is arrogant, because we don't have to live through what the people in Africa have to live through, so it is the norm for us because we hear about it all the time but we don't have to actually live through it.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Yea, because something that affects the psyche like that is easy to get over. :roll:

Don't get sarcastic when it's not even right.

We also suffered from an indiscriminate terrorist attack thanks to al-Qaeda. We were on those same train lines the morning after, and we sure as hell don't come to complete standstill every year on 7/7. Those who died would want us to get on with our lives as normal, and they especially would not want us to kill others in their name.

I don't want to turn the deaths of 3,000 people into an argument (despite the US turning it into two very bloody wars), but at the same time, I refuse to be told that I *have* to pay my respects.

People bring it up cause it something tragic that happened in the U.S, U.S barely has any attacks or anything, and 9/11 was kinda the spark of the war. People also remember it cause it happened in their lifetime, it's kinda ignorant to forget it.

I didn't say to forget it. I said to move on with your life. Stuff like that you'll remember forever, but you shouldn't get so wound up over it.

keep in mind this is from the guy that posted this:

Today in my history class we watched the news. It got me thinking how we have about 5-6 billion people living on this earth. Everyone flips out when 2+ die. All I'm thinking at that moment is: "It's not like we don't have people to replace them." Guess that can be added to my list. :lol:

Do you think those who died in the attacks would like their deaths to be used as an excuse for war?

Nah b. Perhaps at first, just when their angry and frustrated, because their the innocent party, whose lives are being taken away by complete strangers, but im shure if they could see what the US has taken those attacks and turned them into, they would not want war to be the bi-product of their deaths.

Do you think those who died in the attacks would like their deaths to be used as an excuse for war?

If we get the right people efficently, then yes.

Our problem, is that we're not.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I personally think that the only reason people mention 9/11 today (Not specifically this day) is because there is still a war going on that was the result of the attacks. I feel that the sacrifice of the fire fighters who lost their lives, and the recovery volunteers experiencing problems and still without paid for health care, to be more important that the fact that it was an actual attack. You see my dad, uncle and grandfather are/was a fire fighter, and 9/11 is the perfect example of what it takes to be a fire fighter. The willingness to give your life in the attempt to save another's, and the physical/psychological demand of the job. Other than that, I see it as an act of terrorism. I'm sorry that I can't show any sympathy, but I am not American and have my own problems with your country to be capable of doing so.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Well I would just not give a [cabbage]. I mean, i'm dead anyway i got no feelings, no emotions, no brain, nothing. So it doesn't really matter to me, the whole world can go into famine after I die for all I care.

Well I would just not give a [cabbage]. I mean, i'm dead anyway i got no feelings, no emotions, no brain, nothing. So it doesn't really matter to me, the whole world can go into famine after I die for all I care.

Please, get help :shock:

There is no reason for him to get help. He simply does not care what happens after he is dead. After all, it won't affect him. While this isn't exactly the best mind set to have, it is logical.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

I love my unethical views \'

I love my unethical views \'

:twss:

Once the war is over it won't be brought up as much. Same with Pearl Harbor, it was buzzed about for most of WWII.

Once we start pulling troops out, and Osama pays for it in blood, it will just kind of become another Pearl Harbor.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Once the war is over it won't be brought up as much. Same with Pearl Harbor, it was buzzed about for most of WWII.

Once we start pulling troops out, and Osama pays for it in blood, it will just kind of become another Pearl Harbor.

Pearl what? Nah i'm jk.

Egh, whilst it was a tragic event and all, I really think you guys in the US should stop dwelling on it so much.

There's a difference between simply paying respects, and creating some sort of bizarre national wake event. I'm not saying forget about it, but really, all you're doing is creating a climate of fear and anger within your own country.

By having these weird national memorials on TV and the radio and pretty much all forms of media, you're just adding to the fear. Sure, pay your respects, whatever, but fact is, 9/11 wasn't that bad. I know that sounds pretty harsh, but really, when you think about it, which is worse, the deaths of 3000 people in surprise attack by religious extremists, or the deaths of 90,000 people in a war that was executed under false pretences, by a government that lied to the public to gain support, on a country that had nothing to do with 9/11, all under the guise of "fighting terrorism."?

Hey.