Multi-Site Steel War 4 (Oct 18, 2pm Edt)

Yup, I refer you to the first 2 posts of this here thread... It has all preliminary information you might need thusfar...

The tournament posted is an afterparty thing, which bears no result on the MSSW itself...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know, storm, i wouldnt be using the boosting prayers except maybe for a few seconds to help with ko. the war will be so long that using prot melee only will drain your prayer completely as it is. I find in clan wars that just using prot melee is much more efficient then using the boosts....just a suggestion though.

i am also glad that they allowed your tactics posts, its good to see us compromising a little here :P

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

you know, storm, i wouldnt be using the boosting prayers except maybe for a few seconds to help with ko. the war will be so long that using prot melee only will drain your prayer completely as it is. I find in clan wars that just using prot melee is much more efficient then using the boosts....just a suggestion though.

i am also glad that they allowed your tactics posts, its good to see us compromising a little here :P

Morning everyone :)

I agree the war might be long, but using the boost prayers in the beginning will help dwindle the numbers of the enemy quicker...

As I said, we are likely to have the advantage in numbers, but not in levels or skills, the boosted prayer helps even that out a little... On top of that, having scores of people compared to the enemies, means that a good bunch of us might NEVER get attacked, and thus might never have to use Melee Protect and Defense +15%... Prayer not used is prayer wasted, in my opinion... Do you agree?

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

[hide=]

Morning everyone :)

I agree the war might be long, but using the boost prayers in the beginning will help dwindle the numbers of the enemy quicker...

As I said, we are likely to have the advantage in numbers, but not in levels or skills, the boosted prayer helps even that out a little... On top of that, having scores of people compared to the enemies, means that a good bunch of us might NEVER get attacked, and thus might never have to use Melee Protect and Defense +15%... Prayer not used is prayer wasted, in my opinion... Do you agree?

[/hide]

I agree completely. However, it might be wiser not to use the boost prayers at the very beginning, just to see how the war is going. Or perhaps we could use them, but make sure to leave at least 20-30 prayer points for protect from melee in case we do end up being piled, as many of us will be regardless of our numbers :). personally i will not be using the boost prayers untill i see us with and overwhelming advantage.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Quick question here, will RSC be attending this war?

Also as stated in TS's post, we do have an overwhelming amount of players, but most are unfortunately inexperienced. So why not let some of the elite pking clans to teach them a few tactics?

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Also as stated in TS's post, we do have an overwhelming amount of players, but most are unfortunately inexperienced. So why not let some of the elite pking clans to teach them a few tactics?

It might always be a fake, but for right now, they are not.

They might open at the last moment though....

22031_s.gif

I don't think they're going to show. I tried to convince W13 to allow a topic to be made but well...here is what was said in the PM discussion.

Hello W13

I sent this message to ask you to please let people make a MSSW4 topic. To my knowledge, you seem to have a cocky attitude by saying that RSC is so much better than everyone else, which obviously not true seeing as you lost last year. You also call yourself "the fun coordinator" on your profile, but this is making me doubt that. Now, I'm not trying to judge you, I don't know you, but you're not making a great impression on me by not allowing an MSSW topic to be made "because we're better." Other people want to participate in MSSW4, but they don't know when it is or the details because you won't allow a topic to be made. This is just like any other RS event, just a little bigger, I see no reason, and in my opinion you have no right to delete the MSSW4 topic(s). I think that RSC should be more pumped up for this one over all the others so that they can re-prove themselves, instead you and a couple others are deciding to be cocky and saying thet RSC is to good to participate.

So please, reconsider your decission. Please.

~chimp

Yeah, I'm the FUN COORDINATOR. Not the "FREE ADVERTISING" giver.

So if you wanna have a big war, go ahead and have one. Just don't try to pull fan sites into it.

I have no problems with big *CLAN* wars. I *do* have a problem with the cheating liars that joined up together last year secretly to kill RSC off first... and I have a problem with people caring more about their website traffic and $$$ than having fun.

If I was against fun, I'd say, "no clan wars, period".

Now, don't you wonder why other fan sites are so HAPPY about MSSW? Is it because they like "fun" ? Hahaha.... they want free advertising.

No thanks. I'm all for fun. I'd love to have a huuuuuuuuuuuuge clan tournament with alliances and stuff... but I don't like the idea of pulling fan sites into it and causing useless rivalry.

We don't do it for free advertising, we do actually do it for fun.

I don't agree with what happened last year either, but that's over and done with and we aren't doing anything of the sort this year.

Maybe some people care more about website traffic and money, but 99.9% of those competing don't.

Yes, I'm sure some of the higher ups in some of the other fan sites like it because it's free advertising, but all of the rest of them love it because it's fun and brings "team pride" to their desired fan site.

Useless rivalries? It's only fun rivalries for a day, no harm done.

You didn't answer my main question: Why not leave fan sites out of it, and have a HUGE tournament with ALL clans?

I would like to have one of those, but this is a similiar event, with the fansites playing the parts of the clans.

I don't see why you think MSSW drives a [bleep]e between all the fansites, I really don't think it does.

It seems all you're concerned with is the "fansite" part of this event. ... ???

Fan sites are simply impartial SERVICE PROVIDERS. (at least, that's what RSC is) To us, all clans are the same, and are all welcome. We don't like this sort of loyal mentality that a MSSW creates.

I prefer a big world war ... and clans can join 'teams' or 'alliances' as they wish. And duke it out in a huge tournament. That'd be more interesting, more impartial, and other fan sites can promote it too, if they want.

I'm concerned about the fansite part of the event because in my opinion, and many others, it's the aspect of the whole event that makes it fun.

I seriously think that you are over-thinking this whole thing, it is simply a fun battle between the major fansites, nothing more. It's not like this event is an official event hosted by a fansite(s), it is a normal runescaper event.

Competing with teams is what makes it fun.

Instead of standing under a "fan site" banner, put clans under an "alliance" banner.

That way, clans have freedom to join whichever 'alliance' they want.

It'll be HUGELY unbalanced, so a TOURNAMENT style will be needed.

Fun for everybody.

Besides the tournament style, this is pretty much the same thing. Alot of the different clans get together and support one of the fansites.

And we are having a tournament style afterparty.

Well. Like I've said: I won't support anything like MSSW.

It:

- Causes friction between sites

- Is unfair, unbalanced,

- Forces clans to pick a side

- Makes fan sites play dirty (secret alliances, tipit mods sending PM adverts to all the clans via our PM system, DoS attacks, etc.)

I won't support anything that harms the delicate community we've got going. Maybe I'm taking it too hard, but look what happened last year. It will escalate as rivalry/competition builds up.

SO: NO.

Have a tournament instead. (no mention of sites)

Ok so you don't support it, but many, many people in your community do, and YOU aren't letting them get the info they need to show up and participate, to me that is just not right.

It's pretty clear to me, that you aren't interested in "fun". And even though you see my points, you don't care... because you probably just want free advertising for whatever forum you are loyal to.

I sent something back to here after that last PM, but she didn't send anything back so I don't have it. They won't come, W13 and the Mods are to stubborn.

W13 (yes thats his name), the owner of Zybez/RCS apparently claims that RSC will not be attending... They think we are ants compared to them as Gods (arrogance much?)... Right now, we dont know whats going on precisely, but rest asured that quite a few people are investigating this... Any information that I come across, I'll make known here...

Also, and strangely this is also a debate on the current American presidential race, experience cant be taught... Knowing what to do, and actually doing it perfectly timed in the heat of battle are completely different things... Hence why I am in favor of posting instructions that help you throughout the battle, rather then bring it down to the really specifics...

Know that Tip.it isnt just a thousand headless chickens... We have a few clans who can handle themselves... And try as they might, none of the other sites can find all of us in the thick of the battle, especially when we all look alike :mrgreen:

EDIT

Now that I saw the PM-ing back and forth between Dangeresque and W13, I'm a bit worried...

For some reason he thinks that this event is meant to polarize people towards fansites, and he rather sees clans duke it out amongst themselves... As an argument he used the anti-RSC alliance last year (which Tip.it didnt participate in)... He says its somehow about money, but if I understand it properly (and I do) doesnt webtraffic COST money? Even at that, it once again shows that RSC is ALL about clans and nothing else... Tip.it has 5, maybe 6 clans who use this fansite on a day-to-day basis, and look how eager non-clan people were to fight for them...

Either way, the owner may not support it (did he sound angry?), but he should PM the organiser of this event about it (Dustin) and ask for RSC not to be included rather then just deleting the idea outright (its starting to sound familiar :P)... I wouldnt be surprised if this had some fall-out as there definitly are people at Zybez/RSC who want this thing to happen with their site included... It wouldnt be the first time that a stupid and senseless move by a staff member drove a clan away...

It doesnt change much for Tip.it as we'll still draw our own plan and not let it be dependant on who wins or who doesnt...

Someone stooping down to their level would say that RSC doesnt want to participate because they know cant win it... But lets not go there and be on our best behaviour :)

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

Either way, the owner may not support it (did he sound angry?), but he should PM the organiser of this event about it (Dustin) and ask for RSC not to be included rather then just deleting the idea outright (its starting to sound familiar :P)...

I laughed when i read that. :lol:

Also have 26(maybe less) tip.it team capes.

Might add them to ge for people who need one.

Wish steel haraldic helms were f2p. :P

I will also be recording this like i did last year.

(This year, the movie wont be blurry like it was last time)

W13 (yes thats his name), the owner of Zybez/RCS apparently claims that RSC will not be attending... They think we are ants compared to them as Gods (arrogance much?)... Right now, we dont know whats going on precisely, but rest asured that quite a few people are investigating this... Any information that I come across, I'll make known here...

It can be confirmed through a number of correspondence with W13 that RSC will not be participating in the MSSW4.

oooo $$$$ I love $$$$$ Phr33 st00f pl0x?!?!?!?!?!? any way.....

I should participate more in mssw........ Does anyone have a rune hammer or mace that I can buy? Yea I know rune hammer's are slow but most people will be wearing steel pl8. :twisted:

WOW im starting to feel sorry for W13 :?

Man The start time is at 4AM my time #-o

But im going to pull an All-nighter, *stocks up on Red-Bull and cans of Whoop [wagon]*

I did it last MSSW and it was the Best :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

faiyaz101.png

Unfairly Banned-Appeal In Process, Its been slow due to the sheer number of them

WOW im starting to feel sorry for W13 :?

Man The start time is at 4AM my time #-o

But im going to pull an All-nighter, *stocks up on Red-Bull and cans of Whoop [wagon]*

I did it last MSSW and it was the Best :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Double your cans of Grade A 100% Whoop [wagon] in a Can!

We're going to need it.

Free-for-all? This is so getting crashed.

Crashed? 80% of the people in that world is probably gonna be there...so the possibility of getting crashed by a few people, not very likely.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

If you havent been at the last one, you should definitly try to be at this one...

The sheer sight of hundreds of people who all have 1 single goal in mind, wear the same cape, and fight for the same name...

If you were awed by the videos of the last war... Imagine hwo you'll feel riding along with the wave yourself this time...

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

i just hope no one cheats....
Cheating will happen. You just can't blame the entire Tip.It community.
If you havent been at the last one' date=' you should definitly try to be at this one...

The sheer sight of hundreds of people who all have 1 single goal in mind, wear the same cape, and fight for the same name...

If you were awed by the videos of the last war... Imagine hwo you'll feel riding along with the wave yourself this time...[/quote'] :mrgreen: Here's the MSSW3: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... SSW3&emb=1

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg