Remember When...

jeffyroth

Remeber when:

1. People on Karamja would actively tell you to get off the fire when you were standing on it? (No Cook-X :D)

2. Stringing bows by the fast clicking method? (No string-X)

3. D long, D square and D med were the best available?

4. Guthan sets were 12m each?

5. You were lost?

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

remember when...

there was 1 server with a max of 250 people online at one time?

before there was colored dye?

before there were armor requirements? (wield rune at lvl 1 att/def)

when r2h's costed 1.5m

when bluerose was the first person to get 99 smithing.

lots more i remember, let's see if anyone else remembers those! :P

I remember when runescape wasnt filled with guys posing as girls to get money from guys haha those were the good old days.

I remember when Runescape was filled with girls with beards.

Non gender-specific features ftw.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Remember buying my first d med for 2.1M and my first d sq for 7.2M

The one thing I miss the most has got to be the rsc pking, it was awesome=D

Patrik001.png

88102pbj 8a - BANNED at 108 combat 2004 - 84 Combat RSC.

Patrik001 - 72 Attack 50 Defence 92 Strength RSC.

X Patrik X - 85 Attack 75 Defence 92 Strength RSC.

People are already reminiscing? Come on people, it's not that long ago...

I agree.

I started playing in september the same year H'Ween masks were dropped, so yeah i remeber mostly all of this stuff :D

except of course the stuff that's just flat out lies "3gp bought you monster supplies for a month" :arrow: :arrow: :wall:

capesn.png

My capes in the order they were achieved

I remember being 16, and grounded during the Halloween event and calling a friend to get me a scythe.... which he didn't do :(

I also remember when the best fishing spot was on Karajama just west of the amulet salemen, south of the bar with pirates... man I remember fishing and selling right there. Good times indeed :D

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Anyone remember when the hiscores updated and next to your rank there was a + or - and a number indicating whether you had moved up or down the hiscores and by how many?

Also to blood argon i joined the forum 2 years before you and infact much before that because we had to resign up a few years ago and i only have 8 posts, darkhazzard joined a year before you, some people join just to read and rarely post.

I remember when runescape wasnt filled with guys posing as girls to get money from guys haha those were the good old days.

Sadly that's not in the past.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

I remember a time when there weren't reminiscing posts made every other week and people just focused on playing the game in front of them. Seriously people, I've been playing for about 5 years and reminiscing is just so pointless. Especially on these topics where people just try to post old stuff so they can out-do each other.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

remember when...

there was 1 server with a max of 250 people online at one time?

before there was colored dye?

before there were armor requirements? (wield rune at lvl 1 att/def)

when r2h's costed 1.5m

when bluerose was the first person to get 99 smithing.

lots more i remember, let's see if anyone else remembers those! :P

I remember all but the first. I also remember how impossible it was to get dye in the days after its release. Remember when rune meds were the [cabbage]? Remember when the language filters were first introduced? I seem to remember them being optional, and I also remember the bug that caused random words to come out as 'cabbage'.

Remember when bunny ears were dropped, and the outrage on the various forums about how they weren't tradeable? That was the first holiday drop I ever participated in, and I, like many, waited around for awhile hoping to get drops that I could sell for tons of GP. Needless to say, I was disappointed.

Who remembers the original RSoF?

Seriously people, I've been playing for about 5 years and reminiscing is just so pointless. Especially on these topics where people just try to post old stuff so they can out-do each other.

More pointless than playing a MMORPG, is it?

I'm not posting here to outdo anyone--I'm posting here because I enjoy thinking about times passed every now and again. It's been a long time, and remembering certain things makes me smile.

Here's an tip for you, though: if you don't like the content of a thread, ignoring it can be done with relative ease and a bit of self-control. Go on--it's easy! :)

When every man is torn apart

With nightmares and with dreams

Will no one lay the laurel wreath

When silence drowns the screams?

sirstickykey.png

i remember in the golden days of runescape where wildy has no boarder and player often use range and mage to pvp each other ....... ( sigh ... ) those were the good days ::'

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

A little memory, you say?

Well, I have played RS for almost four years now, and I have quite a lot of RS memories. A good one is when I first started merchanting. I did it by travelling a lot between Karamja and Falador. I had found out that in Varrock a lot of people bought lobsters for high prices, while a lot of people at Karamja fishing place drop theirs or sold them at low prices. I collected, or bought, these lobsters in Karamja, took the boat back to Port Sarim when my inventory was full, and then banked them in Falador. If they were uncooked, I cooked them before I banked them (I gained quite a few of my first cooking levels this way :) ).

When I had around 100 of the lobsters I sold them for a higher price in Varrock. This was the way I used to get my first 100k. A very happy little time, when I got some new friends (Those who I often sold or bought lobsters from).

I miss old merchanting, but still the GE is a very good thing.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I started playing way back when PKing was everywhere and players had the option to be a PK/NPK (non-player killer). Those without PK switched on were safe from attack and would go about their daily business safe from the massive territory wars erupting around Runescape. IIRC Lumby was a safe haven and was flooded with lower level players running from evil PKing gank groups and the like.

One of my fondest memories of the period was seeing Paul Gowers character, 'Paul' walking around with the fabled and much sought after Runite Medium Helm. You think you look good now? You should have seem him in RS classic graphics, adam chain and legs, adam long and runite med. My heart almost burst!

Characters like Who Da Best would terrorise RuneScape with his evil minions whilst Phillip and co would hold the torch for the good guys. The very first person to ever mine a Mithril ore was a patron of tip.it (Demonic? I may be mistaken, I'm 23 now and I was still in school when this happened) and everyone clambered to have a look.

RS today is but a shade of those days IMO, back then there were very few servers (2 when I started as far as I can remember) and for a good while everyone was on an even keel and loving it.

Anyone remember the Runite weapons monopoly of Bluerose13x and all the clever clones of her used to scam?

i_j00_m0m.png

The stars are matter, we're matter, but it doesn't matter.

-Don Van Vliet

A little memory, you say?

Well, I have played RS for almost four years now, and I have quite a lot of RS memories. A good one is when I first started merchanting. I did it by travelling a lot between Karamja and Falador. I had found out that in Varrock a lot of people bought lobsters for high prices, while a lot of people at Karamja fishing place drop theirs or sold them at low prices. I collected, or bought, these lobsters in Karamja, took the boat back to Port Sarim when my inventory was full, and then banked them in Falador. If they were uncooked, I cooked them before I banked them (I gained quite a few of my first cooking levels this way :) ).

When I had around 100 of the lobsters I sold them for a higher price in Varrock. This was the way I used to get my first 100k. A very happy little time, when I got some new friends (Those who I often sold or bought lobsters from).

I miss old merchanting, but still the GE is a very good thing.

OMFG that's how I made my first 100k and how I got my first rune armor XD

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

I remember when I first joined tip.it, ahh so long ago -.-

With 37 posts...

Remember when Tip.it wasn't full of narcissistic prats? Oh...

And Kai joined before you. Go figure.