Runescape Resizable Window.

Kietaro1

Last night I was attempting to get my Fire Cape and was getting bored going through the waves of beasts to get to Jad. After wave 55 or so I decided to strech my screen across both moniters and noticed that I could do the following:

lulzlh6.png

please excuse it's small size as I cannot find a hosting site that will host it's true resolution. Imagine a 23 inch widescreen moniter and a 21 inch one beside it.

In essence I can pretty much see the entirety of the fight caves at any given time. In most other places, including Bounty Hunter I can see, at least well more than most players.

My question is does this allow me an unfair advantage? I can see more and thus feel as though a player with that capability may be able to do things easier than most players. In other words since I can afford 2 high definition moniters (actually 4 but am waiting for my SLI connector so I can cross my graphics cards) and a fast pc/internet, how does this differ than Jagex's stance against RWT and the unfair advantage that money would bring to players that could afford to buy items.

I, in no way agree with RWT but was wondering how Jagex might see an unfair advantage.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

i made a topic very like this before :?

thats insane picture btw :o get a 3rd monitor :)

edit: hmm looks very strechted whats picture quality?

oh and with that the screen look in elf city etc :)

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

The key to beating the fight caves is still being able to switch prayer correctly and keep an eye on those healers. Even with being able to oversee a large part of the caves, you still have to perform that correctly. The fights stay the same.

So I'd say.. an advantage? yes.. an unfair advantage? no.

Hrm.. I wonder how it'd look on my wide-screen HDTV... :twisted: I can already see a good lot of the map on my 17" wide-screen laptop... I'm gonna test that next weekend. ^^;

And I don't think it's an unfair advantage. You can't help it that it's doing that when you're on full screen with the resizable to be honest.

Bruno, not really. As with any area in RS, you can't really see much further than the screen stretch allows as it all goes white, try it. I'm quite sure this is an advantage, just not a particularly great or unfair one ;)

Eh no doubt as I soon saw when Jad hit me for a 63 when trying to manage the healers. I merely found out that i could do it there, not necessary where an unfair advantage might arise. I think that in Bounty Hunter or even the Wilderness or Pvp worlds where seeing revenants or pkers would be very benefical. In other words I feel as though a players ability to afford faster, better equipment is the same as someone being able to afford cash from real world traders. Better PCs is just a little more suttle.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

^ he isn't saying that gives an unfair advantage with the fight caves. I think he is implying the unfair advantage in pvp combat. You could see people long before they could see you.

well it would help seeing which point jad might be stuck on :/ and you can see him to attack from father away etc therefore letting you look at his attacks and not do that stuff with the range prayer listening etc

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

i made a topic very like this before :?

thats insane picture btw :o get a 3rd monitor :)

edit: hmm looks very strechted whats picture quality?

oh and with that the screen look in elf city etc :)

Well it seems that if you go too far, the client begins to compensate for distance, almost like it is turning up or having rolled edges. It is obvious that it was not meant to be strecthed that far. As to the picture quality it is a .png off of imageshack so quality has surely been lost. If someone can direct me to a site that would allow me to host it fully I would gladly show you what I really see.

As to the elven city... I think I will :P

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Awesome piccy lol.

Anywho I guess it does give you an advantage, but so does having a computer at all, and having a fast computer stops lag etc, so I doubt it matters really. To play a game without lag/DCing you have to have a good connection and good computer, so having money always helps.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Wow. That's crazy. I want to get a projector and hook it up to my computer. Imagine a whole wall of your house devoted to Runescape.

Wallscape...The dream of man realized.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 8559986420

-.- *looks at price* Nevermind

I have a slightly better projector if I get around to hit I'll hook it up to my laptop. And they are totally worth it, I have like a $1.5 one and I have a room in my house devoted for movies,football, and anything else I can hook-up to it :lol:

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

I have a slightly better projector if I get around to hit I'll hook it up to my laptop. And they are totally worth it, I have like a $1.5 one and I have a room in my house devoted for movies,football, and anything else I can hook-up to it :lol:

Please post a picture of Runescape on your wall. If it looks good enough it might convince me to buy one.

]

:o You mean you will be able to ACUALLY see revs BEFORE they see you :o

0mg!!!!!111 1337 Haxx0r5!!!!!!1 r3p0r73d !!!111

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

I wouldn't call it an unfair advantage, simply an advantage. I'm sure you're not the first person to use more then one monitor, or a very large monitor to see more then the tiny screen allows.

Consider yourself lucky =]

EDIT - Signature far exceeds our sig limits but since it's so colourful you can keep it.

I wouldn't call it an unfair advantage, simply an advantage. I'm sure you're not the first person to use more then one monitor, or a very large monitor to see more then the tiny screen allows.

Consider yourself lucky =]

Isn't an unfair advantage an advantage that you hold over other players, that they can not obtain for one reason or another? :wall:

Wow! That is one huge playing screen! :shock: Definently an unfair advantage! (I should hook my laptop up to our T.V. ;) )

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I noticed a similar thing while playing the Great Orb Project. With low detail you only have a limited view, but fire up HD and you can spot orbs appearing much, much faster.

It's an advantage but not really unfair, I think. Everyone's hardware differs.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats