28 October 2008 - Hallowe'en Event and Quest

chris1216

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you really think Jagex was going to make an entirely new walking(flying) on a broomstick animation for ONLY those who had the chance of getting it?

Of course not! It would be from the quest, silly. :lol:

Anyone could get a levitating broom when they finished the quest and got the broom updated from some other witch. :mrgreen:

Pretty good event this year, nice to see jagex reinvent it with a quest.

More excited about this new Dragon room in the ancient cavern and the Armadyl guards message though,

Can anyone remember when Regicide came out if you got the message before the quest came out? If so, how long was the wait between getting the message and the quests coming out?

Might shed some light on an Eta for this quest,

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

Don't hold HOPE in Jagex, think about what possibly they COULD make the fastest and the simplest. Anything above that will cheer you up instead of putting you down with each and every update.

Without expectations, you're never disappointed. :lol:

Looking at the picture of the new room in the mithril cavern I'm reminded of this:

If you have trouble with us lowly dragons, you have BIG trouble with Kin. They return soon; we feel power growing, calling to us, calling to them... The very weapons that make you strong bring Kin's return ever closer.

Maybe the dragonkin possibly? New quest with bob (the cat)?

As for Halloween the quest was easy but a pain, clothes look terrible (a hat or hood would pull it together), emote is cool I think, broom is useless but free mage exp I guess.

Though it makes me think if jagex brought out two rewards for Halloween they could do the same with Christmas. (technically three rewards because of the purple cats.) So besides the Santa suit and the pet reindeer which came in closely, my icicle sword is in good standing if they go the same route they did with Halloween. :mrgreen: \'

Did you really think Jagex was going to make an entirely new walking(flying) on a broomstick animation for ONLY those who had the chance of getting it?

Anyone could get a levitating broom when they finished the quest and got the broom updated from some other witch. :mrgreen:

<.< :notalk:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Considering how failure the last few H'we'en updates have been I would say this one is pretty good.

Also happy phat counted as a costume item, thanks for not making me run two trips, +1

Although it's still disapointing that you don't get anything thats acctually usful..alwell, what else can you expect from jagex ^

Creator288.png2763.gif

Well, if Jagex actually told us that the "Levitation" broom would just be a 2 second animation instead of putting "Broom that can levitate" on the polls, we would've actually selected something else.

Everybody knows that we selected the broom not for a lame 2 second animation and a teleport, we actually expected maybe a minor levitating walk.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

I love the fact that being a f2p, I can acquire a member item...:P F2pers are able to do Wendy's miniquest. :P

From Rune Wiki:

Official quest description: A subquest of Swept Away.

Release date: 28 October 2008

Start: Wendy, near Maggie the traveling witch

Difficulty: *****

Length: Short

Members only: Yes, but a freeplayer can attempt it. However, once they get the Magic unguent, it will be a "Members object", the unguent can still be given to wendy, but there will be no cats for the player to dye purple since they are members-only.

rickastleywh7.png

Although it's still disapointing that you don't get anything thats acctually usful..alwell, what else can you expect from jagex ^

Yeah, apart from

Current level x 100xp in any skill

A free, unlimited teleport to Al Karid/Shantay Pass

approx 25K Magic xp

what have Jagex ever done for us?

ac04aa6c29.png

Baraglas.png

Sorceress' Garden.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

TBH i am dissapointed in the reward we got. It looks ugly, the broom is stupid and the outfit looks incomplete without a hat or mask.

Don't whine. You got three new holiday clothing items + a wieldable fun item (with an animation, no less!), the equivalent of 10 genie lamps, divisible in any way among any skills, a teleport and magic exp if you're a member, AND a cool colored cat. Honestly, the predictions on the forums were something like "black reaper robes." I think that they outdid themselves on this. If you're going to bash it, then don't participate in any holiday events. What were you hoping for, godswords and party hats for all?

Dragoon_Z2.png

Dragoon_Z2.png

TBH i am dissapointed in the reward we got. It looks ugly, the broom is stupid and the outfit looks incomplete without a hat or mask.

Don't whine. You got three new holiday clothing items + a wieldable fun item (with an animation, no less!), the equivalent of 10 genie lamps, divisible in any way among any skills, a teleport and magic exp if you're a member, AND a cool colored cat. Honestly, the predictions on the forums were something like "black reaper robes." I think that they outdid themselves on this. If you're going to bash it, then don't participate in any holiday events. What were you hoping for, godswords and party hats for all?

I liked the clothes, but they would have looked better with a hat to match.

I liked the clothes, but they would have looked better with a hat to match.

The Bobble Hat works nicely.

This was pretty fun. I gonna go out one day and just collect bunches of candy. Then eat it all! I may keep some in bank so I can get chocolate dust later ( thats what happens right?)

[hide=Hallowe'en event pics]Halloweencollage.jpg

Halloween.jpg[/hide]

Anyone else notice the dark sky? thats pretty cool that they can make night

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

Another holiday event has come, and more kiddies are crying that the reward isn't useful. :wall:

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Holiday event rewards aren't supposed to be useful thought are they. If they were going to have a use we would need requirements to do the event, and thats totally not in the spirit of it.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Holiday event rewards aren't supposed to be useful thought are they. If they were going to have a use we would need requirements to do the event, and thats totally not in the spirit of it.

I totally agree. The holiday events are supposed to be something that one would do so they can get something entertaining. Because clothes tend to be the most visible thing on a character (except maybe a Familar next to the character), Jagex makes many of our events clothes so you can Show off how long you have played and look cool. Gotta love those clothes \'

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!