Dragon Full Helm - now a PVP drop (confirmed)

Triquos

Not happy with it to be honest, I spent months and months killing mith dragons and get nothing and Jagex then go and make them easy to get to anyone who gets lucky. This should never have been a PvP drop, I don't really care about how rubbish the whole PvP loot system is, I can put up with that it's just having dragon full helm as a drop makes NO sense to me at all, same with dragonfire shield.

Dfire shield a PVP drop? :shock: I thought it plummeted coz of the new spirit shields and their uber sigils :x O M G

This is really lame :evil:

Shield not a pvp drop.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was so the day PvP started.

It's sad, I had camped Mithril Dragons for months without drops (20 chewed bones burned, no dfh), and now people can kill a friend holding 75k over and over again and have an almost better chance of getting it?

I wish there was maybe a 75k risk drop list, 250k drop list, and 1m drop list.

EDIT: DarkDude = essentially same experience

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

This was so the day PvP started.

It's sad, I had camped Mithril Dragons for months without drops (20 chewed bones burned, no dfh), and now people can kill a friend holding 75k over and over again and have an almost better chance of getting it?

I wish there was maybe a 75k risk drop list, 250k drop list, and 1m drop list.

EDIT: DarkDude = essentially same experience

I've had way more than 20 chewed bones though. Over 4,000 mith dragons killed, best drop was a dragon med.

It is pretty messed up how easily the pk system can be abused, Jagex needs to rethink the system. Perhaps take out the DFH, or lower it's drop-rate greatly.

2008sig2nb6.jpg

Quit RS 2005 | RSN: Johnalder

Back as of 5/7/2008!

Dragon Drops: x1 Med, x5 Legs, x4 Skirts, x25 Boots, x1 Visage | x7 Abyssal Whips

It is pretty messed up how easily the pk system can be abused, Jagex needs to rethink the system. Perhaps take out the DFH, or lower it's drop-rate greatly.

Or change the current PVP'ed DFH's into corrupted versions which degrade to retain the DFH's rarity :D

2vuhgcn.png

Or change the current PVP'ed DFH's into corrupted versions which degrade to retain the DFH's rarity :D

That sounds reasonable.

2008sig2nb6.jpg

Quit RS 2005 | RSN: Johnalder

Back as of 5/7/2008!

Dragon Drops: x1 Med, x5 Legs, x4 Skirts, x25 Boots, x1 Visage | x7 Abyssal Whips

Not happy with it to be honest, I spent months and months killing mith dragons and get nothing and Jagex then go and make them easy to get to anyone who gets lucky. This should never have been a PvP drop, I don't really care about how rubbish the whole PvP loot system is, I can put up with that it's just having dragon full helm as a drop makes NO sense to me at all, same with dragonfire shield.

Dfire shield a PVP drop? :shock: I thought it plummeted coz of the new spirit shields and their uber sigils :x O M G

Shield not a pvp drop.

Actually. It is.

And its about as common as the DFH is.

My friend got one as well.

dawnsigblue-3.png

[hide=]

Shield not a pvp drop.

Actually. It is.

My friend got one as well.

[/hide]

:shock:

And yet it's so weird, i've seen more DFH pk vids today than any DFS pk vids ever. It's as if DFH's are easier to get... seriously something wrong with that :|

2vuhgcn.png

Although I haven't killed as many as you, I completely agree with you. I've killed 100s and I regularly kill the odd 5 or 10 just in hope for a DFH.

Now some Pkers kill a few people and get that drop that I've spent hours trying to get :roll:

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Although I haven't killed as many as you, I completely agree with you. I've killed 100s and I regularly kill the odd 5 or 10 just in hope for a DFH.

Now some Pkers kill a few people and get that drop that I've spent hours trying to get :roll:

Honestly, no one is stopping you from going out there and PKing

That's just like saying you hate people who trained with a whip because you spent all this time getting to 90 attack with a Dscim

Times change.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Honestly, what's so bad about the DFH being a PvP drop? It isn't like it's the Holy Grail of Helmets out there, you know -- there's at least 2 I can think off of the top of my head that would get used over it in most situations (Slayers helm and Neitiznot helm, if you were curious). This also makes PvP rewarding, so players that actually participate can't really be upset that they didn't get anything of value.

Now, make one of the Corporeal Beast's shields a PvP drop and I'll raise hell. That should be a true boss reward.

That sounds about right. Consider drops, like Dragon Platelegs, Chains, Skirts, etc., and players that spend half of their entire career (no exaggeration) trying to get a drop, then someone comes along and gets it on the next try.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

That's just like saying you hate people who trained with a whip because you spent all this time getting to 90 attack with a Dscim

Times change.

Yeah, times do change and you have to accept it, which I do, but it's ruining the uniqueness of killing mith dragons.

And Makoto_the_Phoenix, you are kind of contradicting yourself.

I can't understand this community.
I don't think anyone does.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

And Makoto_the_Phoenix, you are kind of contradicting yourself.

Compare the difficulty of killing a Mithril Dragon to the difficulty of killing the Corporeal Beast. Now, compare the usefulness of both NPC's best drop (DFH vs Spirit Shield/Sigils), and compare what replaces them at a lesser cost (most any helmet with a combat bonus vs maybe the dragonfire shield). ;)

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg

Honestly, what's so bad about the DFH being a PvP drop? It isn't like it's the Holy Grail of Helmets out there, you know -- there's at least 2 I can think off of the top of my head that would get used over it in most situations (Slayers helm and Neitiznot helm, if you were curious). This also makes PvP rewarding, so players that actually participate can't really be upset that they didn't get anything of value.

Now, make one of the Corporeal Beast's shields a PvP drop and I'll raise hell. That should be a true boss reward.

And wasn't the dragon full helm a rare item to get which, ironically, was worth the same amount as the spirit shields with their sigils attached? How is this any different? Just because the shields are gained by a stronger monster? You're contradicting yourself... it's like saying it's ok for an abyssal demon to drop a d spear but certainly not a d med!!!11!!!1! They're like the same thing #-o

Plus the reason I think DFH's being a PVP drop is wrong is because it's the REAL THING. They have corrupted dragon which eventually disappears... with the DFH, IT DOESN'T. What once was a magnificent helmet worth many a million and extremely rare to get, is now as common as a spectral shield (for example - don't take it too literally). What next? 3rd age? This is insane.

I can understand if they would have made a corrupted DFH to spice things up, but bringing in the real thing is wrong on so many levels. It has not only ruined its rarity, but it will soon become just another dragon item that everyone has :roll:

2vuhgcn.png

And wasn't the dragon full helm a rare item to get which, ironically, was worth the same amount as the spirit shields with their sigils attached? How is this any different? Just because the shields are gained by a stronger monster? You're contradicting yourself... it's like saying it's ok for an abyssal demon to drop a d spear but certainly not a d med!!!11!!!1! They're like the same thing #-o

Plus the reason I think DFH's being a PVP drop is wrong is because it's the REAL THING. They have corrupted dragon which eventually disappears... with the DFH, IT DOESN'T. What once was a magnificent helmet worth many a million and extremely rare to get, is now as common as a spectral shield (for example - don't take it too literally). What next? 3rd age? This is insane.

I can understand if they would have made a corrupted DFH to spice things up, but bringing in the real thing is wrong on so many levels. It has not only ruined its rarity, but it will soon become just another dragon item that everyone has :roll:

The ironic thing about rare and powerful weapons is that no one will use them in combat if they're too rare. Moving on...

I ask again, what's the real point of a DFH? Is it the best helmet in the game? No, and there are suitable and inexpensive replacements for it. Are Spectral Shields the best shield in the game? Yes, if you have the right sigil attached. All the DFH is really there for is to either complete the dragon set, or to show off how wealthy you are. Lastly, drops like DFH and Dragonfire Shields keep people PvPing, and you hear less complaints on how much of a waste it is. Unless, of course, you don't want PvP to be profitable...

[Oh, and I nearly forgot! You can get dragon chainbodies and square shields from PvP, too! Who's making a big fuss over that, eh?!]

And perhaps I am contradicting myself. I should stop lobbying so hard for something when it's 1AM.

s1L0U.jpg

Times change.

but some people are not suited to pvp, such as myself...i usually kill monsters for their drops as i cannot kill people in pvp not matter how hard i treid, when i tried out pvp i lost 2 whips and d scimmi and only gain d hally and d med for my troubles....so i would prefer to kill mith drags for the dfh or dragon for visage for their drops not do pvp....

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

If it falls anywhere below 25m, then the Mithril Dragons wouldn't be worth killing due to the slowness and rarity.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

I've killed loads of them Mith Dragons and never had a Fullhelm drop :(

I however do think it's unfair that you can get any monster drop (not including hilts and shards, but Godswords as a whole) as a PvP drop.

[hide=]

The ironic thing about rare and powerful weapons is that no one will use them in combat if they're too rare. Moving on...

I ask again, what's the real point of a DFH? Is it the best helmet in the game? No, and there are suitable and inexpensive replacements for it. Are Spectral Shields the best shield in the game? Yes, if you have the right sigil attached. All the DFH is really there for is to either complete the dragon set, or to show off how wealthy you are. Lastly, drops like DFH and Dragonfire Shields keep people PvPing, and you hear less complaints on how much of a waste it is. Unless, of course, you don't want PvP to be profitable...

[Oh, and I nearly forgot! You can get dragon chainbodies and square shields from PvP, too! Who's making a big fuss over that, eh?!]

And perhaps I am contradicting myself. I should stop lobbying so hard for something when it's 1AM.

[/hide]

Sorry if you misunderstood me, but I was talking about the rarity of the dragon full helm, not of its stats in terms of its effectiveness in PVP. Now considering the DFH was about around 50M, and EXTREMELY rare to get, to suddenly produce it 10 fold just as an extra for PVP drops, really makes it unfair for the people that worked their behinds off trying to get one from a mith drag.

Now if you look at the dragon chain, it was a measely 7.5M anyway and hasn't exactly dropped drastically in price, same goes with the d sq, left halves are being dropped left, right and centre from slayer tasks everyday that it's not even funny, and people just alch them because they're not worth turning into a shield.

Either way, i'm not debating the DFH with its effectiveness in PVP (as we all know it would be cabbage) i'm talking about how they've ruined its rarity by making it an extra in PVP drops.

My solution would be to just make them corrupted, we already have a few PVP items worth in the 10's of mills that people just use for junk now anyway, yet some people are saying we should keep the DFH as a PVP drop just because it's worth more than the current PVP items! Not to mention while doing this completely destroys the point of camping at mith drags, the rarity of the DFH and the legendary status it once had.

P.S. about the smart remark referring "unless you don't want PVP to be profitable" have you taken a look at the PVP drops lately? Is a Morrigan's leather body valued at 6.1M not good enough? How about the Zuriel's robe bottom, that's 6.7M... or even the Vesta's plateskirt, there's another 7.4M! Not enough? How about the Statius's platelegs, there's another 7.5M.

Statius's platebody, Vesta's spear, Vesta's chainbody, Zuriel's staff, Statius's warhammer and the Vesta's longsword are ALL over 9.6M and you're saying it's still not satisfactory and quote "profitable"? Sorry but there's at least 8 examples, no excuse :shame: and I rest my case, as there really is no point talking to a brick wall :wall:

2vuhgcn.png

I found it quite interesting that like almost, if not all, the dfh drops ive seen and heard of are gotten by a dharoker :|

99 ranged/99 hunter/99 mage/99 cook/99 constitution

99 woodcutting/99 firemaking/99 farming

sig2fk1.png

99 herblore achieved on 7/10/2008

99 agility achieved 7/2/2010