Dragon Full Helm - now a PVP drop (confirmed)

Triquos

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On one hand, while I do think that giving high level/cost drops to PVP is a good idea, I think it should have gone by differently. Jagex wanted to add expensive items to the drops, and at the time, the most viable options were DFH and DFS's, as they didnt want to be handing out Godswords or any boss weapon. Notice both the DFS and DFH are obtained by dragon monsters, and NOT BOSS monsters. Infact, no PVP item is obtained by a boss monster.

However, I think they should have gone about things slightly differently. I think they should have made the new PVP armor the highlight of the drops, not DFS or DFH. They should have made the new armor degrade in 1 hour, but be able to be repaired, like barrows, but much faster degrading. These drops would have replaced the DFS and DFH on the drop table, and been a much better situation in my opinion.

But like all items, I think once DFS and DFH drop enough, they will start being available to general use, and the price will rise. Dragon is not necessarily a "elite" item anymore, as 3rd age and other armors kinda took its place, but even at 10m for a DFH, its still not cheap for the average Joe of Runescape.

dawnsigblue-3.png

I know it's a rare drop and such but isn't PVP a way to get rid of thousands of Rune Armor Sets and such, my idea for all these high lvl equipment is if someone dies with a DFH then someone in the near future will get it, though that's probably pretty complex since it's gonna need to record the item and base it to a player on a totally different world at a totally different time.

This guy has a great point, so I'm going to go with it.

For those of you complaining: So wait, if (prior to Dec 07) I killed a player with a Dragon chain, I had a chance to get it as a drop, that's ok. But now that's it is randomized a bit to prevent RWT, it's not ok that I can get a Dragon chain as a player drop?

Anything that's tradeable (that's not a discontinued item) should be fair game as an item on the player drop table. Now, I think Jagex should alter the drop table over time to reflect items that are actually lost by players in these new PvP worlds. If people start going out and losing 25k worth of "junk items" then such items start to dominate the drop tables (be a kick in the teeth to those trying to game the system). The exception of course are the PvP specific drops (corrupted, brawlers, etc). Of course, Jagex should have it reflect combat levels too (what's dropped by 100-130's should not be reflected by those items dropped by 80's to 100's, etc). They have the data I'm sure.

I'm not against DFH as a PvP drop, it's just not realistic that a Player would Pk in a DFH. Can you grok that?

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

P.S. about the smart remark referring "unless you don't want PVP to be profitable" have you taken a look at the PVP drops lately? Is a Morrigan's leather body valued at 6.1M not good enough? How about the Zuriel's robe bottom, that's 6.7M... or even the Vesta's plateskirt, there's another 7.4M! Not enough? How about the Statius's platelegs, there's another 7.5M.

Statius's platebody, Vesta's spear, Vesta's chainbody, Zuriel's staff, Statius's warhammer and the Vesta's longsword are ALL over 9.6M and you're saying it's still not satisfactory and quote "profitable"? Sorry but there's at least 8 examples, no excuse :shame: and I rest my case, as there really is no point talking to a brick wall :wall:

All the armour and the staff are as bad as junk as Blessed Spirit Shields. Only the corrupt armours sell right now... and I think the regular spears, longswords, and javelins.

I pked a Zuriel's Staff, but I could not sell it at all. I go to world 2 and I see people selling it for pure junk... tried to get rid of it.. traded for z robe top + cash.. ended up just selling it with my penguin for like 13m, which is pretty cheap for a penguin. However, high cost junk isn't liked, so if I wanted to sell my penguin for about 20m, I would need to sell my zuriel robe top for lesser junk like addy arrows p++ and all. And nobody wanted to do that.

I do disagree with the DFH drops though. They are just way too common of a drop. I haven't seen a single GS... no treasure trail stuff... none of that. But getting a DFH or Visage used to be some of the rarest items and now they are dropped way too commonly through PvP. Well... DFS is still going strong, actually. So nevermind that one. But DFH was insanely rare... I'm sure it was rare to even see one drop daily. Now a few drop everyday in PvP... I've had like 3 friends get one already.

DFH's rarity and value is really badly lowered from PvP now. I definitely agree with making DFH drops corrupt and stop dropping regular DFH's. It makes the drop still have value while keeping the regular DFH's the rarity that they should be.

3hitm4g3u: or their luck, depending on how you look at it. BUt thats not the point. The point is that DFH has lost its rarity and its value... and is basically a junk item now, actually. As someone said earlier, they're being traded with cat masks, now. It's ruined both sides -- PvPers get a junk item, and killing Mithril Dragons is almost insanely pointless now. If you think junk is a good reward for skill, then you either have a mask or 3rd age.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Dragon armor pieces, excluding the boots, are mainly just ego boosters or for people without 70 defence. There are plenty of better armors at much more reasonable prices. Why on earth should it matter if the full helm is a drop? The stats aren't that great anyway, so the price should reflect that more closely.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

D full has always been a status symbal. like phats and 3rd age is.

The problem is now its not longer a status symbol as they are common and the price is crashing. Jagex really messed up on this one =\

They should be corrupt if anything as a drop

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

Yup, fraid so. Jagex must have just panicked and thought the best way to bring DFH prices down was to make it a PvP drops, two of my friends have had two already! :shock:

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Dragon armor pieces, excluding the boots, are mainly just ego boosters or for people without 70 defence. There are plenty of better armors at much more reasonable prices. Why on earth should it matter if the full helm is a drop? The stats aren't that great anyway, so the price should reflect that more closely.

Welcome to the heart of my argument. If the item isn't all that great, then its price should be reflected as such.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I think Jagex are starting to see Dragon armour as sentimental armour, it's something that should of been completed a long time ago, I can see a Dragon Platebody getting released via a quest and possibly the Dragon Kite too so they'll want to make the rest of the parts cheaper and easier to obtain.

That's my opinion on the matter atleast.

Dark_Jab.png

I think most of the people whinning and crying about the Dragon full helm clearly dont pvp. Its fairly safe to kill mith dragons 100 times with no deaths. Try killing 100 armoured pvpers with a similar lvl to yours how many times will you die before you complete that task how many pots and sharks do you use... Now of course there is the rare 1 itemer that gets a lucky spec and gets a DFH but there is also the lucky guy that gets a DFH from killing 3 mith drags.

"I spent months killing mith dragons trying to get a dragon full helm"

"I spent months killing my friend who had 25k with him each time trying to get a dragon full helm"

Oh, looks like those two players are in the same boat....there's nothing wrong with it. Besides, I think they've removed it from the drops anyways.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

I think most of the people whinning and crying about the Dragon full helm clearly dont pvp. Its fairly safe to kill mith dragons 100 times with no deaths. Try killing 100 armoured pvpers with a similar lvl to yours how many times will you die before you complete that task how many pots and sharks do you use... Now of course there is the rare 1 itemer that gets a lucky spec and gets a DFH but there is also the lucky guy that gets a DFH from killing 3 mith drags.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=765934

Now say I don't PvP? An Inventory to mith dragons costs MORE than that for pking and considering most people in PvP bring next to nothing anyway so when they do die they lose nothing it works out more expensive and less rewarding to kill miths than it is just to pk for the helmet, this isn't how it should be.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=765934

Now say I don't PvP? An Inventory to mith dragons costs MORE than that for pking and considering most people in PvP bring next to nothing anyway so when they do die they lose nothing it works out more expensive and less rewarding to kill miths than it is just to pk for the helmet, this isn't how it should be.

I did say most people not all people. Im at work right now so i cant see the pics but ill check it out at home(looks like you have had some success). Have you got a dragon full helm from pking? Its all luck recently it took me 630 Sara mages to get a pair of dragon boots. Maybe your luck at mith drags is as bad as my luck at Sara mages.

This is quite an unfortunate move by Jagex. They obviously didn't think much of the repercussions of adding this drop in. I agree that it undermines the uniqueness of the drop being acquired from hunting Mithril Dragons. There's a player who makes many RuneScape Videos on Youtube by the name of Sosolid2k that killed as many as Darkdude98 if not more, but I don't think he'd be that angry since he is probably a PKer himself.

If you think that DFHs and Mithril Dragons took a hit, I suggest you look at what happened to people who used to solo, or even team, the once profitable Daggonoth Kings, the prices where already falling, and now, JaGex came out with PvP, and guess what? Mystic Mud Staves and the Rings are on the drop list, my friend said that Muds are only 250k now, I remember when a team of 10 would get more then that, yes, I now times change, but this was even worse, I get more profit if I where to sell my Daggonoth bones then if I got 1 or 2 or sometimes, even 3 "specific" drops (rings, mud, seercull etc.) Whoever said that PvP didn't have boss drops in the list lied, I've seen many Seers rings, Mystic Muds, Archers, and Berserker rings.

Yes, I do think that the DFH and DFS took a hit, but IMO, the Daggonoth King hunters were wounded even more.

Spaz4010.png

I think players should realize that almost everything gets easier.

Being able to cook sharks used to be a huge achievement when I reached it. Cook-X comes along.

Being able to fish sharks used to be a huge achievement. Swan Song changed this for good.

Manta Rays used to be rare. Trawler update happens.

Dragon Chainbody used to have immense value. Barrows is added, Veracs makes KQ way easier, and Dust Devils add another source.

Guthans used to be 16M. Look at it now.

Saradomin Godswords used to be impossible to find. Someone finds a safespot, others find an AI abuse later, and now the previously 150M+ sword is a whopping... 40M.

Get used to it. Item prices change, skills become easier, quest rewards become obsolete. That's the downside of playing a dynamic game.

I think players should realize that almost everything gets easier.

Being able to cook sharks used to be a huge achievement when I reached it. Cook-X comes along.

Being able to fish sharks used to be a huge achievement. Swan Song changed this for good.

Manta Rays used to be rare. Trawler update happens.

Dragon Chainbody used to have immense value. Barrows is added, Veracs makes KQ way easier, and Dust Devils add another source.

Guthans used to be 16M. Look at it now.

Saradomin Godswords used to be impossible to find. Someone finds a safespot, others find an AI abuse later, and now the previously 150M+ sword is a whopping... 40M.

Get used to it. Item prices change, skills become easier, quest rewards become obsolete. That's the downside of playing a dynamic game.

Those were the days when we DKed with Mr [ForbiddenSite], Shade, Leesters, Metallica and others...

But yes, i'd like to get my hands on one of those as a drop as i never buy my dragon armor and now it's made alot easier to get.It's progress, you can't really stand in the way of ith.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

Hi people.

I have locked this thread as it is not going anywhere and players are starting to flame. I suggest you all check out this article:

PvP Worlds

This contains all the information about drops in the PvP worlds. The only Dragon items that are dropped are corrupt items. They last for a short time and then disappear. They can be sold on the Grand Exchange.

If you do get an uncorrupted dragon full helm from a drop, please submit a bug report. You can do this by selecting 'Submit a Bug Report' from the Help menu on the website task bar.

Most drops will be normal items. There are rare drops, some of them permanent. The article contains information about this, I strongly suggest reading it.

With any update, it is likely that it will have an effect on the Grand Exchange but this is not controlled by Jagex. We also do not create updates to ruin the achievements of players which is why the dragon items are corrupted, they are also corrupted so that non-members can try out this kind of equipment.

I hope this clears this issue up. It is always advisable with any update to read any information that is released as this will explain most questions you may have.

I would also suggest you read the Forum Code of Conduct and the Forum Specific Rules to find out how to post in the forums.

Mod Kathy

^^^ :shock:

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

[hide=stuffs]Hi people.

I have locked this thread as it is not going anywhere and players are starting to flame. I suggest you all check out this article:

PvP Worlds

This contains all the information about drops in the PvP worlds. The only Dragon items that are dropped are corrupt items. They last for a short time and then disappear. They can be sold on the Grand Exchange.

If you do get an uncorrupted dragon full helm from a drop, please submit a bug report. You can do this by selecting 'Submit a Bug Report' from the Help menu on the website task bar.

Most drops will be normal items. There are rare drops, some of them permanent. The article contains information about this, I strongly suggest reading it.

With any update, it is likely that it will have an effect on the Grand Exchange but this is not controlled by Jagex. We also do not create updates to ruin the achievements of players which is why the dragon items are corrupted, they are also corrupted so that non-members can try out this kind of equipment.

I hope this clears this issue up. It is always advisable with any update to read any information that is released as this will explain most questions you may have.

I would also suggest you read the Forum Code of Conduct and the Forum Specific Rules to find out how to post in the forums.

Mod Kathy[/hide]

^^^ :shock:

QF code? :o

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!