Behind the Scenes - November Edition

darkjab

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a feeling the dragonkin would be coming, considering dragon weapons are now being used on a much broader scale (f2p). The use of dragon weaponry makes them more powerful somehow.

Damn you free players! I knew you'd be the fall of Runescape!!!!

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

ok let's clear something up

if you look, a very large percentage of Jagex customers are Americans

in fact a larger percentage that that of any other country

mostly due to the fact that we have a larger population that most of the places Runescape is well known in

Thanksgiving is one of maybe two truly American holidays, therefore Jagex, to show that it cares about its American customers, has decided to host a small thanksgiving themed event

90% of people had never heard of guy faulks day before V for Vendetta

on top of that Thanksgiving is all about being thankful, which Jagex with it's upbeat theme, can really get into

Whereas Guy Faulks day, has to do with a man who tried to blow up parliament in order to bring down the British Government

not very Jagex-y

anyway, I can't wait for the Grandmaster quest, although I know I'll be forced to slave away and raise my skills

Stealing creation sounds interesting as well, though i hope it will be grouped by levels, I mean imagine one team with someone who can smith rune and fletch magic bows and the like and someone with maxed combat, where as I'm level 99 and can currently only smith part of mith, and fletch maple

that would make it highly unfair to lower level players

as per the phoenix and mobilizing armies, meh not too into summoning and i could always go play age of empires

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

90% of people had never heard of guy faulks day before V for Vendetta
Made up statistics ftl

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Time for me to start training like crazy :P

If anyone wishes to discuss the 1st Grandmaster quest, may I humbly suggest here?

[hide=Future Update News]http://[Please Use QuickFind Code].com/c=-14c45fe9/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?16,17,888,57606517[/hide]

I think we should just stop talking about the Thanksgiving event; I'm sure they've already finished it, we won't change their minds about something so unimportant.

If they do ever make a Guy Faulks Day event, everyone should get a a 'V' Mask from 'V for Vendetta', just because that would own.

Join Future Update News! The longest running update speculation thread on the RSOF, currently on its 24 Edition

QFC 16-17-671-59680498

314v28z.jpg

Thanks to Killerwat for the sig!

So many people are freaking out that Jagex is having a US Thanksgiving "Event"...

It's not an event people. Nowhere did they say it would be an event. Theyre simply going to make some turkeys run around with a little minigame to play. I don't think theyre giving an event clothing or anything, it's more like a mini-event.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

So many people are freaking out that Jagex is having a US Thanksgiving "Event"...

It's not an event people. Nowhere did they say it would be an event. Theyre simply going to make some turkeys run around with a little minigame to play. I don't think theyre giving an event clothing or anything, it's more like a mini-event.

Most likely the penguins will be disguised as turkeys or the turkeys will be hiding just like the penguins.

Mel_Kazul.png

"I'm a penguin playing a turkey disguised as another turkey!"

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

SO many dumb people here that don't read.

That's pretty ironic coming from somebody who would volunteer to put Hannah Montana in their Signature.

On topic: Shouldn't we be getting 3 quests this month? because of the new scheduling they said in the BTS? or will that be overshadowed by the grandmaster one?

Quest Cape Earned On 5/10/2008!

evilbeaver.png

SO many dumb people here that don't read.

That's pretty ironic coming from somebody who would volunteer to put Hannah Montana in their Signature.

On topic: Shouldn't we be getting 3 quests this month? because of the new scheduling they said in the BTS? or will that be overshadowed by the grandmaster one?

Why would we get three quests? At most we'd get two. This month we're getting Stealing Creations, a minigame, and a Grandmaster quest. But December, January, and March, then we could possibly get three quests, though likely only one or two with some other form of update.

Join Future Update News! The longest running update speculation thread on the RSOF, currently on its 24 Edition

QFC 16-17-671-59680498

314v28z.jpg

Thanks to Killerwat for the sig!

I kind of wary of this minigame. It sounds very strange, but I hope it will be fun. However, I am very excited about the new quest. Hopefully it will be as long and deep as jagex is bragging.

a8aa5bbc88.png

People who ask our advice almost never take it. Yet we should never refuse to give it, upon request, for it often helps us to see our own way more clearly.

--Brendan Francis

I somehow doubt this new mini-game will be f2p, seeing all the updates us f2p have gotten recently. However, it'd be nice if it were.

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats

I somehow doubt this new mini-game will be f2p.
Me too, there is a summoning familiar in the screenshot for example.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I somehow doubt this new mini-game will be f2p.
Me too, there is a summoning familiar in the screenshot for example.

Oh. I didn't even see that :P

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats

Canadians are American's too.....

:o :evil:

Ignorance. Pure ignorance... Calling a Canadian "American" is like calling a New Zealander an Aussie.... You just don't do it.

On a lighter note, I can't wait for the grandmaster quest. Sounds like a lot of fun and it may persuade me to train some more of my noncombats.

alright. once, there was a family of the dad, Joe, the mom, Sue and the son Jim. one day they were sitting at the breakfast table eating pancakes. the next thing they knew, 3 giant penguins came in and bit their heads off. they died. the end

Ignorance. Pure ignorance... Calling a Canadian "American" is like calling a New Zealander an Aussie.... You just don't do it.

Canada is on the continent of North *America*.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

*avoids the whole british-america-OMGTHANKSGIVING-stupidity*

I can't say I'm looking particularly forward to the quest seeing as I've no chance of qualifying for it :thumbsup:

But the new mini game looks interesting indeed. It could prove to be fail though, we'll just have to see how Jagex works it.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Canada is on the continent of North *America*.

Canadians are canadians, thats like calling the dutch german, like calling americans indians... Oh wait, that worked out fine.

Lets now stop this meaningless banter and go speculate about the grandmaster quest, who will probably unlock the dragonforge.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite