Runescape being of use in real life.

I got +5 extra points on a test for describing the differance between a Compound bow and A Longbow, If it wasnt for Runescape i would'nt have gotten those points

My friend lost his torso in the wildy, as a result he was uberpissed. Next day he took all his anger out in football practice and will be playing on the Varsity Game this week.

Has Runescape ever been in any help IRL to anyone else?

d6e4cdbc5e.png

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there have been a few times that RS knowledge has helped me out IRL, but I can't remember any of them... :roll:

However, one incredibly useful real life thing that RS has taught me is how to type! When I started playing RS I was a very slow typer, and I now can type faster than most people I know IRL! ::'

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Same here... the football happened to me too, but I lost full Guthix in the wild and saw may grave dissappear :oops: I went and pwned!

how many runescapers does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the lightbulb and the rest to complain about how the first one was better

There are lots of bad people in the world, but they're like slinkies; you can have so much fun pushing them down two flights of stairs...

Arigorn_380.png

My previous acount, 'WeirdAl_fan' was unable to be recovered after the crash...

I know there have been a few times that RS knowledge has helped me out IRL, but I can't remember any of them... :roll:

However, one incredibly useful real life thing that RS has taught me is how to type! When I started playing RS I was a very slow typer, and I now can type faster than most people I know IRL! ::'

Yeah I know it taught me some stuff too that I can't remember #-o

It's also a much better teacher than Type to Learn :lol: ( -.- )

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

Well, I usually just look around the forums, but this post made me want to say something :P

The main thing that RuneScape has taught me is doing basic math in my head. With the constant calculating of exp per hour, money spent, how to save money etc. Also, it shows how to manage your time well to get the most out of every minute/hour/day.

Another thing I have learned is names of trees. Since I am an avid farmer, I got to know trees quite well. Also, I have learned that marigolds actually help plants from getting diseased in real life as it does in RS. :thumbsup:

25qpy4j.png

Signature made by me ^^

Proud owner of a Fire Cape!

:lol: RS has taught me to type quickly and accurately too!

=D>

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

The main thing that RuneScape has taught me is doing basic math in my head. With the constant calculating of exp per hour, money spent, how to save money etc. Also, it shows how to manage your time well to get the most out of every minute/hour/day.

Yep, same here.

I do a lot of basic calculations in my head too, and rates of anything is what Iv become very good at lately.

Also, my typing speed has improved almost ten fold since when I started, and, Iv been able to formulate sentences better and use better words from just using forums and having to talk to different types of people.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

When I started Runescape, my english was REALLY bad (I'm from east Canada, french section).

Only 3 years of Runescape gets me 80-90% in english :)

Pre-rs:

"wtf r u doin??"

After:

"Hello, what are you doing?"

(It helped me too..)

:thumbup:

to be honest runescape has never helped me in real life at all

I was always academically gifted, and had very good maths and English grades, and since i only started playing after my education i saw no improvement caused by runescape and I have always been fast and accurate on the keyboard

in fact, i found it was detrimental to me, seeing as it caused me to start using abbreviations, and net speak in some instances and thus caused me to make more typing errors in reports for college and work (mostly 2-3 am when i had deadlines to meet and was tired)

but i still play for the group of friends i made throughout my time on runescape, and have started to resist the urge of abbreviations in runescape, therefore improving my typing skills once more, so no lasting harm done ::'

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

The one thing that I remember, is that I had a question about which one of the following were related to a basilisk, and it was cockatrice (which I learned from RS).

It has also, taught me to type a lot better. My typing style has also largely changed since I first joined the forums, I go back and look at old posts and I can't even believe that I wrote it.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

It can teach a lot of things, probability, rates, it can teach about the workings of an economy and how to make profits while doing as little as possible, it can help with your typing (I myself am one of the fastest typers in my class) it can (some might deny it) help teach you how to make friends in real life and lots more.

Rejected.jpg

During science last year we talked about smelting and what two ores we put together to get steel. And everyone that played runescape in my class(like 3 people) Their hands all shot up lol.

He's like ok? what is it? everyone is like iron and coal duh. and some guy said *cough*and for rune you need 8 coal *cough*

lol

[hide=Our teachers face was like]Our teachers face was like wtf.jpg[/hide]

Ponder00.png

twssmas.gif

One of my best friends from RS is someone I talk to on AIM, even when he or I is taking a break from the game. We've talked about everything under the sun, including music. He introduced me to a lot of music and one of his favorite bands is Anberlin, now one of my favorite bands I had never heard of them before him. If you're like me, you know good music can really change your life/make it better/happier.

I had a few minutes between classes recently so I was playing some RS in the computer lab, one of the guys from my basketball team saw me and was excited to see my character since he plays too. Since then we've gotten closer, hang out more often and stuff like that. Before finding RS in common, we were friends, but not nearly as close. Recently after an away game, we got to our cars in the parking lot around 12am. Normally he would leave, but we were chit chatting and found out my keys were stuck in my car. 1 hour later we got the doors unlocked after he drove me with his car to my house for my extra set. Essentially, I would have had to walk around 10 miles in 20 degree temperature if it wasn't for RS and the connection I made because of it.

There are lots more examples if I really thought about them - but in the end, if this game died tonight, I wouldn't perish with it, but at the same time, it does have residual effects on almost everyone...

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

It has taught me about the American economy...

HAR HAR YOU IS FUNY WIT UR POLITICAL JOKEZ

so-not-funny.jpg

While your at it, explain how America kills wolves and gets red helmets that are worth millions of dollars, or the fact that burgerking hats are the most expensive items in the market.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

^That wasn't that funny.

First off, it taught me typing, a few names for a few trees, fish names, and various vocabulary words (I'm an immigrant, I came to Canada speaking two words of English). Second, it's taught me patience and work. I used to be extremely annoying in the bus. Third, it's taught me economics, which is pretty exciting, and also what I think I want to be into when time comes to get a job.

Indirectly, it's pushed me towards GFX on this forum (another thing I might migrate towards for a job), better spelling, and arguing/debating - which is pretty rough around here :P.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Runescape taught me the importance of saving money.

what is and how to use a sextant.

That if I pray to god hard enough he will protect me from my enemies. (that ones a joke btw)

It helped me in math. (various fields.)