Runescape being of use in real life.

Understanding that limited supply increases demand and therefore enables prices to be boosted, is an incredibly obvious fact and obviously vice versa huge supply saturates the demand and prices fall.

You'd be amazed at how many people in my college econ class took most of the semester to understand this. I also find it very basic and obvious, but who am I to say what should and should not be challenging to others? If Runescape helps someone understand it without them shelling out a couple hundred bucks, more power to them.

Just accept runescape is a game and play it for the enjoyment of it. If you don't enjoy skilling or combat etc then don't do it, and don't try to justify playing with a list of supposed uses. Just enjoy it and accept that you need a break sometimes and that RS is mostly a fun place to take that break! :-)

I do agree with this though. If you're playing to learn, there are at least a dozen better ways to do it.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Runescape ahs helped me in a number of ways... from improving and making use of my puzzle/problem solving skills, to helping me become a better coordinator, strategist, and planner of everyday things. it also has introduced some ways of thinking outside of the box(required for many of the puzzles, treasure trails, and quests) that have benefited me in real life. i have learned parts of other languages(almost required to communicate with runescapes vast population) so yes! it has helped me in real life =]

I lost alot of money due to lag and a mishap with a sword, got a little ticked and took it to the rugby field...

That poor guy had trouble walking for weeks

I know this post was a bit further back, but that sounds like my brother! His team mates call him Skittles, so when he knocks someone over, he enjoies stomping in their face and yelling "Taste the Rainbow!" RUGBY FTW!!

HAHA, Well anyway... Runescape has gotten me a few new friends, two of which are twins and only one of them play!

Then in school, I have had those random moments where I can feel smart with what seems like useless knowlage off of RS. I also have learnt how to handle money, and actaually work for it, though runescape isn't much work (especally because i'm one of the weird people who finds runecrafting fun!) :lol:

cac29dfe51.png

image.png

Please click and warm up my egg.

I lost alot of money due to lag and a mishap with a sword, got a little ticked and took it to the rugby field...

That poor guy had trouble walking for weeks

I know this post was a bit further back, but that sounds like my brother! His team mates call him Skittles, so when he knocks someone over, he enjoies stomping in their face and yelling "Taste the Rainbow!" RUGBY FTW!!

HAHA, Well anyway... Runescape has gotten me a few new friends, two of which are twins and only one of them play!

Then in school, I have had those random moments where I can feel smart with what seems like useless knowlage off of RS. I also have learnt how to handle money, and actaually work for it, though runescape isn't much work (especally because i'm one of the weird people who finds runecrafting fun!) :lol:

yeah same here it really helps me to learn how to handle my money =] if only in rl is this easy .... *sign*

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

this extreamly help me with typing (not so much as spelling) lol but the term K is used in my sciece class and it made me easy to understand and if annyof you seen that new monopoly electronic banking it uses k and m. and elements helped out to and basic math.

-Better spelling

-Better english (My native language is french)

-Better knowledge of tree names

-Better knowledge of mythology (bunyips, hydras, minotaurs, unicorns, wolpertingers, banshees, basilisk, gargoyle, and much more)

Understanding that limited supply increases demand and therefore enables prices to be boosted, is an incredibly obvious fact and obviously vice versa huge supply saturates the demand and prices fall.

You'd be amazed at how many people in my college econ class took most of the semester to understand this. I also find it very basic and obvious, but who am I to say what should and should not be challenging to others? If Runescape helps someone understand it without them shelling out a couple hundred bucks, more power to them.

Just accept runescape is a game and play it for the enjoyment of it. If you don't enjoy skilling or combat etc then don't do it, and don't try to justify playing with a list of supposed uses. Just enjoy it and accept that you need a break sometimes and that RS is mostly a fun place to take that break! :-)

I do agree with this though. If you're playing to learn, there are at least a dozen better ways to do it.

Yeah fair point, I suppose I was trying to add weight to my final paragraph with the examples of Runescape's flaws when applied to the real world. Like your closing comment too! :-)

I think farming helped me a lot on an English test I didn't study for ^^

It had a part about farming tools in it, and thanks to Runescape I knew what a rake,secateurs etc. were

Or i suppose on the flip side one could learnt it helping out doing some gardening... Nice to hear it paid off, but you shouldn't really need to study to know what they are anyway! #-o

Typing skills, quick mental math, on a test asking what two ores made bronze for extra credit (LOL), what a composite bow was (again on a test) and actually a suprising amount of words i didnt know before i started doing quests

Generally when i throw up i would rather not have it in my mouth :-X

I can type way more faster now

yes, thats about all it did for me. the only other addition are the puzzles. otherwise its of no great use, since you only see a small figure hacking at a tree etc. :? how does that help you in life???

imzachhubla.png

imzachhubla.png

imzachhubla.png

imzachhubla.png

imzachhubla.png

99 cooking achieved on december 7th 2008

You do realize Runescape does NOT improve your typing? When you learn typing without any technique, you will end up being a lot slower than someone who would have typed about the same time as you, but used the correct technique. Kinda like playing piano, but not using the correct fingers, you waste a lot of time. Take a typing class... A couple hours would make you better than years of typing with bad technique.

I'm the fastest typer in our year, and can type very accurately and quickly with no technique at all...

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Only post if It has helped you, theres no point and coming in here and saying things like the game is not ment to teach you, or saying stuff like "You do realize Runescape does NOT improve your typing?". Just because it didnt help you with typing dosent mean it didnt help another person with typing, or with anything else for that matter. If it never helped you, then dont post here. Simple.

d6e4cdbc5e.png

Only post if It has helped you, theres no point and coming in here and saying things like the game is not ment to teach you, or saying stuff like "You do realize Runescape does NOT improve your typing?". Just because it didnt help you with typing dosent mean it didnt help another person with typing, or with anything else for that matter. If it never helped you, then dont post here. Simple.

Also stop saying how people shouldn't be looking for justification for playing a game.

Nobody is doing that, they are listing bonuses that come with playing said game, not reasons for playing.

Noone has said 'the only reason I play is because it helped me in a geography test'.

Zerker_jane.png

It has thought me a ton! Thought me names and features of: Metals, Gems, Animals, trees, but the most important, Merching. although it's not possible to merch anymore on rs, it did teach me how to make money in real life. Heck that's what ppl do out in the real world, buy goods for cheap and make 100% profits on them! Thank you RS!!! ^_^

I was browsing some articles and stuff and i found this:

http://www.wisebread.com/personal-finance-lessons-from-online-adventure-game-runescape

lol it pretty much sums up what runescape is mainly used for in real life ::'

pixelsigskulltextjopie2gc5.png

[Thank you very much Skull_Emblem For the Beutiful Sig And Jopie for doing the Text]