What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

runescapeloser22

Sale loot thus far:

Democracy 3

Rainbow Six 3

Far Cry 3

State of Decay + Breakdown

Uplink

Plus some Euro Truck 2 and Sniper Elite V2 DLC. Also, I already had State of Decay and Far Cry 3 on Xbox. Is this what clothes shopping is like for girls?

• Like 1

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I feel kinda bad. I played some BO1 earlier (found the disk, didn't even remember i had it). Somehow i got host against a lobby full of EU players (i'm in the Middle East). They were all 2-barring. It was like Combat training just easier. I got Dogs and Chopper each game, even managed to get it while sniping which is hilarious cause i play on such a low sensitivity, and i can't even snipe either. Played a few games then left cause i started feeling bad.

Damn BO1 just isn't fun for me. Even when i do good it just isn't fun. I don't understand why.

I'm so used to BOII that any other COD feels slow paced. Takes forever to get your gun up in BOI, you run pretty slow, etc.

Haven't played it in ages. Shouldn't have prestiged way back before I stopped playing, because now I don't have my sexy classes any more (there's no way I want to go through trying to get Tac Mask Pro again).

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Today, I acquired:

Simcity 4

Rise of Nations

Warhammer 40K Dawn of War

C&C Generals (with Zero Hour)

Summer of gaming awaits.

Almost through the warrior class in NOX. [bleep]ing awesome game.

The reason why I am acquiring all those games (old games) now is that I am looking at a summer without internet and my laptop can't pretty much play anything newer than from 2005.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I had no idea Rainbow Six 3 was on the PC. I have it on Xbox, and it's a fantastic game. Took me a while to beat that one. I think it's still the only shooter I have played where you aren't really any tougher than the people shooting back at you, and you have to make it through the whole level without healing. Really makes you think and plan things out.

I'm so used to BOII that any other COD feels slow paced. Takes forever to get your gun up in BOI, you run pretty slow, etc.

Haven't played it in ages. Shouldn't have prestiged way back before I stopped playing, because now I don't have my sexy classes any more (there's no way I want to go through trying to get Tac Mask Pro again).

I enjoy playing BO1 every now and then when i feel like Sniping. Sniping is pretty hard on BO1 (in general i'm not great at sniping cause i play on a low sensitivity). But sniping on BO1 is so rewarding. But yeah, compared to the new CoD's it's so slow. Even on the smaller maps. I think though, the slower paced CoD's were better in a way. A lot less BS like broken camera angles, barrels and cars exploding all over the place, etc.

Yeah, with Lightweight on, camera angles were all messed up (even worse when people don't have very good connections). But honestly, I'd prefer semi-broken camera angles than slow paced games.

I played through The Swapper last night and spent the day today finishing my play through of Fez. I had to look up a lot for the latter, but I had fun with it.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I enjoy playing BO1 every now and then when i feel like Sniping. Sniping is pretty hard on BO1 (in general i'm not great at sniping cause i play on a low sensitivity). But sniping on BO1 is so rewarding. But yeah, compared to the new CoD's it's so slow. Even on the smaller maps. I think though, the slower paced CoD's were better in a way. A lot less BS like broken camera angles, barrels and cars exploding all over the place, etc.

Black ops 2 had the worst maps ever, they literally all play like they were meant for MW2. Way too close quarters/fast paced for a Treyarch game where the guns have insane recoil and 1 magazine can't kill more than 2 people. Ive always been a fan of big maps because 1. More options 2. Only idiots run in the open and 3. less double teams.

Hijacked, for example, is complete trash. 2 buildings with someone always camping in. 1 spawn on each side of the map that constantly flips. Hardly any vertical gameplay and its a freakin straight line.

Then again all the stupid noobs whine about how they cant get cheap kills when it takes skill to navigate a big map.

Bring back fuel/array/derailed

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

1. Only idiots run in the open? This isn't real war, lol. Rushing is extremely fun.

2. How would having large maps account for high recoil guns? And I didn't find the recoil on any of the guns to be insane.

3. It takes plenty of skill to navigate small maps, too.

Honestly, I'd rather have Hijacked with 2 buildings close to each other with a camper in each than a huge map with plenty of cover for half the lobby to camp behind. It's personal preference, but I back out of every game of Drone and Aftermath (maybe Aftermath isn't considered a "big" map) I'm put on, and the majority of Turbine games simply because they're so boring. Games almost always go to time limit, and when you die, it takes forever to get back into the action.

Black Ops 2 had some awesome maps: Raid, Slums, Standoff.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

BO2 was the best CoD without any doubt. Even the people who hated it will agree with this. Even with all the bullshit it's still the most popular CoD. People want what BO2 offered. Good (small - medium) maps, good killstreaks, well balances weapons (with the exception of maybe one or two of the Snipers and Shotguns). People don't want big maps, because it encourages others to sit in a corner and make a TDM last 10 minutes. That's why Aftermath and Turbine are skipped so often. That's why Nuketown and Hijacked will always be voted for.

As for recoil on the guns... None of them actually had any real recoil. On PC, maybe. Because you don't have Aim Assist to stick to the target. But on console, if you complain about recoil on a CoD gun... then you're doing it wrong. Most guns in CoD are lasers. None of them have any recoil that should give you any problems. That's why in MW3 crossmap MP7 kills were a thing. And why crossmap Vector/Mtar kills are a thing in Ghosts. The guns have no recoil.

But black ops 2 and ghosts also have horrible net code. On ghosts even on lan it takes bullets from certain guns longer to register which throws off the gun kick and makes gunfights unfair. Black ops 2 had a view lag even noticable on splitscreen. Ever since lag compensation, each game has seemed even less fair imo.

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

But black ops 2 and ghosts also have horrible net code. On ghosts even on lan it takes bullets from certain guns longer to register which throws off the gun kick and makes gunfights unfair. Black ops 2 had a view lag even noticable on splitscreen. Ever since lag compensation, each game has seemed even less fair imo.

Lag comp has been there since CoD4, or maybe it was MW2. People just became more aware of it later on. I can have the same connection issues on any CoD. Some days my shots register really well and i'll drop an enemy in a second (with the PP90M1 and Rapidfire i can easily kill 6 - 7 enemies with a clip assuming the gunfights are short range) and other days the shots just don't want to register at all meaning i can put half an extended MP7 clip in someone and still die. It's something you have to accept when it comes to online gaming. Your connection will bs you, whether it's the best or worst money can buy. But then again, i've never really noticed lag comp all that much whether i was playing on a good connection on bad. I think it's an overused, overhyped term. When i play on a 2-bar or sometimes even a 3-bar, if i get in a 1 on 1 gunfight i'll lose lose it 90% of the time (the 10% is when the person shooting at me forgets how to aim). If i'm on a 4-bar shooting at someone with a 3/2-bar i'll win the gunfight 90% of the time (the 10% being if is forget how to aim). But i can agree with the BO2 view lag. Can't say much about Ghosts since i never really played it. I do know that the Silenced Mtar is popular under pro players because  apparently it has better hit registration, or something of the sorts.

Gog: Divinity, Beyond Divinity, Divinity II: Director's cut and Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magick obscura

Steam: Red Alert 3.

I think I might be medically insane

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Okay... Time for some painful maths.

Steam:

The Witcher 2

Saint's Row franchise pack

Metro: Last Light complete

CIV 5: Brave New World

Crusader King's 2

XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC (And before that, gift copy of the base game for my brother)

The Stanley Parable

GOG:

Neverwinter Nights 2

Planescape: Torment

[bleep]. There's some small of solace in the fact that card drops paid for some of it, I guess...? :uhh:

Building off my previous list:

Steam:

Far Cry.

Far Cry 2.

Far Cry 3.

Far Cry: Blood Dragon.

To the Moon.

Postal 2.

Euro Truck Simulator.

Euro Truck Simulator 2.

Bus Driver.

Trucks and Trailers.

Scania Truck Driving Simulator.

Don't Starve.

Battleblock Theater.

Stanley Parable.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Alan Wake.

Alan Wake's American Nightmare.

Payday 2 (x2, one for my brother as well).

GOG:

Baldur's Gate 1.

Baldur's Gate 2.

Deus Ex.

Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy.

'Bout 100 bucks all up, I think.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

My favorite console games that I still play: Sleeping Dogs, TES (the elder scrolls), Dead Island, Fabled, Fallout series. In no particular order either, I enjoy those games anytime!

More old-school than you know...

battlethingz.png

Proud Member of The Slayer's Guild since April 7th 2009.
Skill Total Goal Complete: 2500 - November 12th 2014.
Goal Total Experience: 338,895,206 - Goal complete November 2nd 2014.
Next Goal Experience: 1,000,000,000 -
Personal Kalphite Queen Guide
Follow My PoP Blog!

Over the last week or so I watched an LP of Rome: Total War. Looked like a pretty good game, being a bit lighter on the empire building which is probably good for me, and with a real time combat system which is a bonus for me, especially on such an epic scale. Thought I would get Rome II since Rome is a decade old, but after taking a peek at the reviews and then watching a couple on youtube, I convinced myself that I could both save $50 and get a superior game by going with the original.

It's a brilliant game to play, though I think the combat is going to take some getting used to for me, since I've been abysmal in the two sieges I've fought so far. In the first one I heroically lost more people than the guys I defeated, and in the second I'm pretty sure I managed to kill my own general and faction leader (who I was using while waiting for my preferred general to recover from the last fight) with my own archers. In particular, I am doing a poor job of moving up anything that isn't my frontline, meaning that my reinforcements are often standing much further away than I would like. From what I've seen though, field battles are much easier (the guy I watched wasn't brilliant at sieges either).

Unfortunately I am playing as the Scipii, and my incompetence has robbed me of my game plan. The idea was to take all the islands in the Mediterranean to give me free reign to move my troops by sea. I would then cross the sea into northern Africa and sweep west, then back north into Spanish territory up to the mountainous access to the rest of Europe, and ideally push east in Africa to Alexandria. During the civial war I would would be relying on naval power to defend the coastline, and I would wage most of my war from Europe where it would be easier to concentrate my forces, and use my naval power to place my armies on the coast and create another front. Now, if the Julii take all of Europe and conquor the spanish, I'd probably be unable to hold anything much to the west of Alexandria because Africa is simply too big and spread out, would create a substantially larger naval front for me to deal with.

Looks to be a pretty promising campain, though I am hoping I fare better against the pontics than the guy I watched (that's where I got the idea to sweep around north. The Pontics totally stalled out his advance and ultimately I moved all his major forces out of Africa and moved them to aid his conquest of Europe.

Shit loads of Skyrim. That's about it \o/

• Like 1

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Bought Gran Turismo 6.

Awesome so far. And completely different from GT5.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Well, I restarted Mass Effect 1. Much more into it this time. Gonna dedicate a good bit of tomorrow playing it. I'm playing the "good" guy. Maybe in another play through I'll try the ruthless route.

[hide]Maybe this time I can keep Wrex alive. I find him to be hilarious.[/hide]

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |