Worlds #1 Sport?

Danqazmlp

As for my personal opinion for which is the best to watch, I'd probably say something like rugby league, specifically the State Of Origin series.

You don't know how good it is, living in a time zone 10 hours behind yours, to wake up on a Sunday morning and watch a good NRL game first thing. Your game's just a good 5mph faster than ours.

So yeah, Rugby League. I don't think there's ever a dull RL game, and there's always something happening.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for my personal opinion for which is the best to watch, I'd probably say something like rugby league, specifically the State Of Origin series.

You don't know how good it is, living in a time zone 10 hours behind yours, to wake up on a Sunday morning and watch a good NRL game first thing. Your game's just a good 5mph faster than ours.

So yeah, Rugby League. I don't think there's ever a dull RL game, and there's always something happening.

Yeah League games are rarely dull, I find league alot better then Rugby because its quicker and they don't kick everytime they get the ball :P

NRL is great to watch, even though its losing alot of players over to the Super League.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Yeah League games are rarely dull, I find league alot better then Rugby because its quicker and they don't kick everytime they get the ball :P

Oh God, tell me about it. Union is one of the worst sports to watch. -.-

NRL is great to watch, even though its losing alot of players over to the Super League.

If it's any consolation, it means our game at grass roots level is now all but dead except in St. Helens, Wigan and Leeds, which means we end up doing as well against NZ and Aus in internationals as we are right now. :P

I think Ireland are playing better than England, if they get past Fiji.

I often hear that our brand of RL is the best in the world, so it's good to get some sort of confirmation of that from someone from the UK. I think I can make a stronger argument for State Of Origin being the toughest RL ever fought, probably more so than international matches. The anticipation for this three game series every year is so intense, but the games are outright brutal. It's almost freakish how closely fought the spectacle is after its 28 years as well. I think that's why many people see it as one of the pinnacles of the rugby leage season - it's such a damn good contest, and you can never accurately write off either team.

I suppose if you're a fan of the game you watch the State Of Origin too?

Well we can get popularity over and done with right away. I'm pretty sure it's soccer (football).

State of Origin is amazing. Best sporting spectacle around.

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Gnomeball. :thumbup:

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

When i just read "worlds #1 sport?" i thought you were asking about the first sport to be played in the world lol.

To be honest, either: Sport fishing or football (soccer).

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

What happened to our Pain Olympics?

Baseball or Soccer,personally.Unless you count gaming a sport.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Basketball may be rivaling football (normal) :P Loads and loads of people play it in China, and China is basically 1/3rd of the world's population or so :lol:

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Obviously hockey is my #1 favorite sport... I mean, you're playing on freaking ICE. Someone had to have been on some crazy drugs to invent this sport. I love it because all my friends play and watch it, and it's the sport with the most epic moments.

Futbol is obviously the most popular, and you can argue that rugby is better than hockey... but you crazy Aussies don't know what you're missing 8-)

so yea, hockey#1

:thumbup:

hiccup.png

Seriously? In baseball you could basically right out a relatively short book for "when this happens do this". The simplicity of the game, with only four bases for opponents to be on, creates an unbearable repitition of scenario's that you don't see in any other sports, where the possible locations of opponents are infinitesimal. Relatively, the possiblity for strategy is near zero. At any given moment there really aren't that many strategic options, and of those options generally one is a much better choice than the others. Honestly man, when the worst choice you'll ever have in your life is choosing whether to throw the ball to second or third, mentally you're having a pretty easy life.

That and it's a woosie sport when it comes to conditioning (apart from maybe the pitcher). Standing in the outfield for a while, catching a fly ball every thirty minutes. That's uber tough on the lungs.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Seriously? In baseball you could basically right out a relatively short book for "when this happens do this". The simplicity of the game, with only four bases for opponents to be on, creates an unbearable repitition of scenario's that you don't see in any other sports, where the possible locations of opponents are infinitesimal. Relatively, the possiblity for strategy is near zero. At any given moment there really aren't that many strategic options, and of those options generally one is a much better choice than the others. Honestly man, when the worst choice you'll ever have in your life is choosing whether to throw the ball to second or third, mentally you're having a pretty easy life.

That and it's a woosie sport when it comes to conditioning (apart from maybe the pitcher). Standing in the outfield for a while, catching a fly ball every thirty minutes. That's uber tough on the lungs.

You really should watch a game live. I agree that baseball is boring on TV, but it does have more strategy than "near zero"

I have watched baseball live (personally found it more interesting on TV), played for my school a few years ago too. I suppose I am exaggerating by saying there isn't strategy, but I'd find it hard to argue that the strategy required for it is anywhere near that of sports like football and soccer.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I have watched baseball live (personally found it more interesting on TV), played for my school a few years ago too. I suppose I am exaggerating by saying there isn't strategy, but I'd find it hard to argue that the strategy required for it is anywhere near that of sports like football and soccer.

Yeah, there is strategy, and a bit of running around, but nothing compared to most other sports.

Soccer/football is fun to watch. And play. American is neither fun to watch or play.

Tennis is also pretty fun to play, but not so much to watch.

Obviously in my opinion. :roll:

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Basketball may be rivaling football (normal) :P Loads and loads of people play it in China, and China is basically 1/3rd of the world's population or so :lol:

Same could be said with cricket and indians

Weird thing is,I always see them swinging their (bat?) like baseball.If you love it so much learn to [bleep]ing play it right.

devilgod.jpeg

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

A more entertaining sport than soccer, (which is no surprise considering how boring and time wasting soccer is).

Have you ever played soccer?Its pretty boring if you're a goalkeeper with a decent team,but as a midfielder its the biggest adrenalin rush you can ever get without going illegal.

Also,why call it football if you don't use your foot?

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]