11 November 2008 - Stealing Creation

Bouwzie

I am really very sick of people saying that skillers need to receive exp because fighters get exp. WHAT ABOUT THE DAMN TOOLS???

The tools give bonus exp...none of the combat rewards give bonus exp...so its only fair that fighters get their exp in game and skillers need to USE THE REWARDS to get exp. This is EVEN BETTER than getting it in game because then, if you want bonus smithing exp, you dont even NEED to smith armors or even transform ANY CLAY at all to receive your "bonus" smtihing exp. You can just sit there and bank 20k points in clay each game. In an hour you get three tools, which can bring up to 90kish bonus smithing exp...

If this game gave skill exp in game...people would just go there to train specific skills and never even worry about winning the game or producing what is actually needed instead of producing what exp they want...

One thing I have to say though: There should be some type of point incentive for putting up a barrier...otherwise you are missing out on some good points you couldve had if you just stored the barriers in the base.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the mini-game. I would like better rewards.. but I love the mini-game. I am curious, and it pains me to scan through all the pages with dial up, so if someone could answer the following questions, it would be great.

1) What skill is used in the creation of tools? I had believed crafting.

2) What skill is used in the creation of magic robes/staffs? I also figured it might be crafting.

3) What is the smithing bonus on the volatile and morphic hammers?

Thanks in advance. ::'

I'm not 100% sure on all the answers, but some I can answer.

The tools depends on the tool your trying to make. For example, the hatchet uses smithing to make, but the harpoon does not (not sure what it needs).

I am 82 fishing and 84 smithing, so I can obtain and make level 5 items. But there are things that I cannot make because my other skills are not high enough. I can make a level 5 hatchet because of my smithing, but I can not make a level 5 harpoon.

The Robes and staff I am not sure of.

The smithing bonus was mentioned earlier in the thread (a page or two back maybe) and seemed to be pretty reasonable at I eblieve around 48% increased smithing exp. I'm not sure whather it was the volatile or morphic tool though.

sig1178ko.jpg

Sykoknight - 1900 skill total - 132+ combat

Fighting High Scores from late 2001 - Ranked 1894

Prayer High Scores from March 2002 - Ranked 749

Ya, I've been around too long.

Ok, wtf is up with this? Is it a glitch? Look at the pic:

[hide=Big]screenshot4zr7.png[/hide]

I'm a little pissed that they took two of my spots that I always get, but at the same time wondering how they got four million clay... MUST be a glitch.

Oh, and at pulli23, no, that is not deterring me. I still have 12 proto tools and am going for more.

That has to be fake, there is just no way its possible to get 4.7m points in one game.

Compared to that, my highest score isnt very big. :P

(image)

Oh and I entered a game when i was over the fence (climbing over)

I ended up inside this swarm.

If i tried to move, it said "You cant reach that."

Had to log in and out. :lol:

When i logged in, I was inside our teams base. :?

(image)

What's sad is, I know exactly how to score that many points.

Setup:

- Get as many people with level 80 harvesting skills as possible.

- Find enough people to start a clan match against you, who agree to not touch the level 5 resources.

- Reset the map until you have at least two class 5 resources that everyone can harvest.

Getting the high score:

- The person getting the high score gets a familiar + scrolls.

- The other players on his team collect level 5 clay, make into arrows, and give to him. Each clay = 15 arrows, which at class 5, is 300 points per clay.

- The other team collects level 4 clay, makes into cataclysmic runes. They run over with NOTHING but the runes in their inventory, and allow the person getting the high score to steal their runes.

- The player getting the highscore deposits all the runes + arrows and asks the familiar to deposit.[stats][/stats]

I love the mini-game. I would like better rewards.. but I love the mini-game. I am curious, and it pains me to scan through all the pages with dial up, so if someone could answer the following questions, it would be great.

2) What skill is used in the creation of magic robes/staffs? I also figured it might be crafting.

Morphic ---> 62%

Volatile ---> 85% (not sure)

Calm_Koala.png

This minigame is really fun, but the rewards are pretty much nothing. The least they could do is make a long term reward (like the CW gold armour) to have a goal for.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Morphic ---> 62%

1) Pickaxe and hatchet require smithing. I don't know about the other tools, because I'm 80+ in most other skills used in this game.

2) Staves probably use crafting. Robes appear to be magic, but I'm not certain.

3) It varies, no one is really sure yet.

Yeah, I just got 94 mage the day before yesterday and let's just say... I'm having fuuun with this new minigame :twisted: It's like pking, but the gear is mostly free (other than the time and skills needed to obtain the stuff). I must say this is one of the most well-designed, fun minigames Jagex has ever released.

Well-designed, that is, with the exception of the rewards. I think they should release tier 2 and 3 clay armor, each tier costing 10x more than the previous, and tier 2 being level 50 gear and tier 3 being level 60 gear. And a good thing to do also would be to make gathering and crafting the clay give 2 exp per class, per piece of clay in the appropriate skills. It wouldn't replace normal training for sure, but it would at least be fair to skillers because... as I learned I AM getting exp from these free ice barrages.

Why does Jagex think that running around looking for something is fun? Much too much time is spent looking for the desired level to mine or hunt or whatever. That is fun? This mini-game is just lame beyond words. I feel like I am wasting most of my time just looking. If they want a mini-game that makes just a shred of sense, they need to give both sides the same access to resources, and the resources need to stay put from game to game. It has to be laid out in such a way as to allow a player to have a strategy that does not involve spending half his time trying to find things.

I dont understand how their internal staff can play some of the mini-games they develop and recommend they be released. Why cant they see these problems before-hand. Or does just running all over the map searching out resources define what the Jagex staff considers to be a good time?

And for all this you get rewards that are just as lame. If this is going to be a game for skillers, it needs to have some rewards for skillers that make it worth doing. This mini-game is a farce, and eventually everyone, but Jagex, will see that.

...the resources need to stay put from game to game...

..for all this you get rewards that are just as lame. If this is going to be a game for skillers, it needs to have some rewards for skillers that make it worth doing...

I like the minigame because of its randomness.

You never know what to expect.

If everything was located the same every time, high levels would gather teams to raid that area.

That would lead to skillers not having access to the area because they would be caught in the high level battle and killed off quick.

The minigame would also be loads more boring if the same area was placed each time.

The rewards are lame... if you only look at the stats.

Not every minigame can release the new godsword or dragonfire shield.

Sometimes, the look is enough to keep people playing.

As said earlier, if people looked at gold castle wars armour as adamant armour that takes what? 4 months of 24/7 playing, winning each game for the full set? Who in their right mind would nolife 24/7 for atleast 4 months for a set of adamant armour?

There are no appealing pure skiller rewards, il agree with that.

Not every update can please everyone.

This time, you were one of those who didnt like it.

Has anyone noticed that the game timer keeps saying about 30 seconds to go and then the game is ended early for some reason? I've lost so much stuff so often through that...

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Why does Jagex think that running around looking for something is fun? Much too much time is spent looking for the desired level to mine or hunt or whatever. That is fun? This mini-game is just lame beyond words. I feel like I am wasting most of my time just looking. If they want a mini-game that makes just a shred of sense, they need to give both sides the same access to resources, and the resources need to stay put from game to game. It has to be laid out in such a way as to allow a player to have a strategy that does not involve spending half his time trying to find things.

I dont understand how their internal staff can play some of the mini-games they develop and recommend they be released. Why cant they see these problems before-hand. Or does just running all over the map searching out resources define what the Jagex staff considers to be a good time?

And for all this you get rewards that are just as lame. If this is going to be a game for skillers, it needs to have some rewards for skillers that make it worth doing. This mini-game is a farce, and eventually everyone, but Jagex, will see that.

I do think that people should respawn in the home thing. It is very annoying searching for it.

Zerker_jane.png

Morphic ---> 62%

1) Pickaxe and hatchet require smithing. I don't know about the other tools, because I'm 80+ in most other skills used in this game.

2) Staves probably use crafting. Robes appear to be magic, but I'm not certain.

3) It varies, no one is really sure yet.

Thanks a lot. :thumbsup:

I don't believe the robes require magic because at level 90 magic I can not create the level 5 robes. I suppose I'll go and get 80 crafting, and see what that unlocks.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

newstuff.png

;d

tbh, does look badass

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Okay so I was wrong before.

There is a better method to get points. This is just from what I've learned, I haven't personally tried this. I'm also not certain whether it's considered a bug or not so I won't post the exact method. However, here's some interesting facts.

- For someone to have those millions of points, someone else has to have almost the same point value... but negative.

- Taking items from the tables costs you some points, but putting them back gives you the same amount.

- Cataclysmic Runes, Arrows Class 4, and Arrows Class 5 cost you a TON of points to take and put back, because the "take item" option makes you take the whole stack.

Anyhow, if you can figure it out from that, enjoy. I don't particularly care for using this since I have more than enough points from just playing the game last night, and the rewards aren't that spectacular. Use it at your own risk.

This game is epically fun. I just wish you could buy the ability to summon the Clay Familiars. The level 80 one looks great! I love mine :D

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Fun game, but it feels... hollow. The reason, I think, is that the rewards, quite frankly, are abysmal. And not like the whip. The armors are the equivalent of the F2P tops and Mystics. The tools appear to be glitchy and the pick axe appears to mine at the rate of the lowest level. Even if the hatchet cuts at the rate of a rune axe, we already have dragon, though it is an expensive alternative.

Aside from this, without getting any experience for gathering and crafting, it truly feels like I'm wasting my time. And because of this, I find it hard to fathom why Jagex would give combat experience. Heck, they called this a game for skillers AND killers, but in many games it's the fighters who truly dominate.

The third problem is that Jagex seems a little out of touch with their player base. They seem to forget that the majority of players with high combat levels also have high skill totals. So, instead of the symbiotic relationship they imagined, we have self sufficient fighters capable of doing everything and skillers who make easy targets while their services prove unnecessary.

I predict that Jagex is going to tweak this game in the next couple of weeks with bug fixes, better rewards, some experience for skilling, and more regularity of resources, i.e. there is always going to be at least one of every resource on the map.

P.S. What happened to shields? They'd bring benefit to mages and melee'ers. Plus, they could add crossbows along with it, allowing a bit more flexibility for rangers.

I agree with the first part of your post they defintaly need to give us some better rewards and to make the proto at least equal to the rune pick ax when its used as a pick ax. I also agree that both skill and fighting should get xp while they play the game. I cant disagree with you more though about the third thing you said if your a low lvl but high skills and you have half a brain you'd know the most important thing beside getting some armour and food would be to always carry barriers with you and they would be fine.
I'm not particularly low- I'm level 94- and my construction level is only in the fifties, so I've never bothered with that part. But I suppose that really WOULD help low levels... Thanks for the insight!
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Setup:

- Find enough people to start a clan match against you, who agree to not touch the level 5 resources.

- Reset the map until you have at least two class 5 resources that everyone can harvest.

Getting the high score:

- The other players on his team collect level 5 clay, make into arrows, and give to him. Each clay = 15 arrows, which at class 5, is 300 points per clay.

- The other team collects level 4 clay, makes into cataclysmic runes. They run over with NOTHING but the runes in their inventory, and allow the person getting the high score to steal their runes.

- The player getting the highscore deposits all the runes + arrows and asks the familiar to deposit.[stats][/stats]

Actually that way would not get you even near millions.

I think it's best for me to not talk about it since it is considered as bug abuse though technically there's no bug exploited. Just a loophole.

Rest assured that it will get fixed very soon.

Apart from a few bugs and glitches, I enjoy this minigame. However it is definitely not a game for skillers and pkers. First of all, no xp is given to skills. Also, as said above, high levels are self sufficients and don't need low level skillers to help them.

And the rewards are very bad. Though the melee set is same as rune and it's easily obtainable in a game or 2.

borderedsh0ai8uxj5.png

Thanks To:reddawn509, Hoopster211, JacobRyan, navyplaya, bigsword33, Ferahgo28, speedofsound, Goldwolflord, unknowz, GonAndGary and born2die

love the mini game but rewards could do with some tweaking

definatly earn xp while skilling in the game.

and maby make it so that the stats of the armour and tools change with your level. like make the axe go to the level 5 version if you have 80 wc but make it cost more the higher the version you can get without an option to get the lower level gear that should make the pkers happy about skillers getting xp from the game

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Setup:

Getting the high score:

Actually that way would not get you even near millions.

I think it's best for me to not talk about it since it is considered as bug abuse though technically there's no bug exploited. Just a loophole.

Rest assured that it will get fixed very soon.

Apart from a few bugs and glitches, I enjoy this minigame. However it is definitely not a game for skillers and pkers. First of all, no xp is given to skills. Also, as said above, high levels are self sufficients and don't need low level skillers to help them.

And the rewards are very bad. Though the melee set is same as rune and it's easily obtainable in a game or 2.

I already found the other thing... I think. I haven't tested since I don't particularly care for the rewards, but I corrected myself above already.

Okay so I was wrong before.

There is a better method to get points. This is just from what I've learned, I haven't personally tried this. I'm also not certain whether it's considered a bug or not so I won't post the exact method. However, here's some interesting facts.

- For someone to have those millions of points, someone else has to have almost the same point value... but negative.

- Taking items from the tables costs you some points, but putting them back gives you the same amount.

- Cataclysmic Runes, Arrows Class 4, and Arrows Class 5 cost you a TON of points to take and put back, because the "take item" option makes you take the whole stack.

Anyhow, if you can figure it out from that, enjoy. I don't particularly care for using this since I have more than enough points from just playing the game last night, and the rewards aren't that spectacular. Use it at your own risk.

I've tested the regular morphing tool reward from Stealing Creation. I've used it in Mining. No bonus XP given. Either intentional or glitch, we'll see. :wall:

According to a friend, Fletching knife isn't that good either. Tip.it Fletching Guide says that Willow longbows give 83 xp per. When he used a morphing tool it gave 66 xp per. Apparent ripoff. Either intentional or glitch, as with the first one :wall: :wall:

Picture12-1.jpg?t=1237436723

I've tested the regular morphing tool reward from Stealing Creation. I've used it in Mining. No bonus XP given. Either intentional or glitch, we'll see. :wall:

According to a friend, Fletching knife isn't that good either. Tip.it Fletching Guide says that Willow longbows give 83 xp per. When he used a morphing tool it gave 66 xp per. Apparent ripoff. Either intentional or glitch, as with the first one :wall: :wall:

When I used my sacred clay knife on yew logs earlier, it was giving me an extra 37 exp per longbow.

When I used my sacred clay knife on yew logs earlier, it was giving me an extra 37 exp per longbow.

Start getting ready to see Yew log prices go up significantly in the next few days...

Prices have been stable for 30 days (http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/viewitem.ws?obj=1515) but I would suspect many will use the new update to start working on fletching as the extra exp is well worth it...

The game being random is nice but it needs resptricting. I have seen it put almost every kiln in the game in one area, then put everything else elsewheres. This made things slow and later it was armies fighting for control of the kilns. I have also seen maps with next to no level 3 resorces. These are painful because while I can make all level 4 melee equipment and l4 range armour, I need l3 for a summoning familiar, barriers, potions etc.

The skillers are only needed to score clay (which is actualy how you win). They are not needed combat seeing as most of them cant make l4/l5 armour anyways. I find myself manufacturing alot of l4 equipment for people and in many cases making armour too. I am one of the few people who actualy gives stuff directly. I have needed a tool countless times to avoid making one at low levels and working up (normally after dieing). Never have gotten one. I have taken to skilling/fighting. Basicly I make stuff from normally l3 clay (for arrows), weaing l4 melee/range armour. I use a summons to keep sending all my valubles to teh home base so that (a) not everything gets stocked at the end of the game as that is totaly unhelpful to teh team and (b)I never die with all that stuff on me. When I fight I keep extra food in the summons. If I or it are about to die I send what it carries to the home base.

Personaly I feel like scum when I attack enemy skillers.