If a cure for Lung Cancer was invented...

megakiller32

If a cure for lung cancer was invented, tested and officially worked in most cases, I was wondering on the social effects and economic effects of it would be.

Do you think more people would take up smoking because then the pros would outweigh the cons, as if you did get Lung cancer, it probably could be cured? (I know there are other illnesses which come with smoking, but lung cancer is the biggest one I think...)

Also, economically, would it boost the economy, both by the drug itself and by more people buying tobacco products?

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

Don't think that many people would take up smoking, the majority of the people who quit already wouldn't fall back either. Lung cancer isn't the only bad thing smoking brings, just to remind you off it ;).

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

I'd pretty sure that MORE people would take up smoking. Not necessarily a whole lot, but more would definitely take it up.

This topic would've been fun/interesting you have called it "If a cure for STD/STI's was invented..." :twss:

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Lung cancer isn't the only health problem smoking causes. Of course some people would take up smoking but not as many as expected because of the other health problems, the undesirable physical changes (listed above: yellow teeth & nails, smokers cough and wrinkles) and the cost of smoking.

sig5235ro7.jpg

If only lung cancer cures were made, I wouldn't have to worry about the money I might spend in cigarettes each year, cause I at least know I won't die!

You can get more cancer types from smoking. Also cancer isn't the only inconvenience that smoking causes.

If only lung cancer cures were made, I wouldn't have to worry about the money I might spend in cigarettes each year, cause I at least know I won't die!

You can get more cancer types from smoking. Also cancer isn't the only inconvenience that smoking causes.

That was sarcasm, and yes I know I made it sound very serious. I fail at jokes :cry:

Smoking comes with many negative side effects and diseases, it can lead to gum, lung and throat cancer. Over time the arteries become blocked from the residue of smoking which can lead to circulation problems and erectile dysfunction. Then there's also yellow fingers / teeth, bad smell etc.

I smoke myself, but a cure to lung cancer wouldn't be something that would convince me to smoke if I didn't. There are no pros to smoking other than it can help you relax, you simply become addicted and in most cases it's easier to smoke than to give up.

More people probably would start smoking, until the side-effects of the drug became evident, then it would only be used as a last measure probably. There are always fruits with lots of anti-oxidants to try and prevent it. :P

My Last.Fm

LeekSpinner!!!

Random Furry Dance!!!

Proud to hate life, since not too long ago!!!

So a cure for lung cancer is developed but what? You still need to get the cancer itself, spot it before it becomes to rampant into cancerous and malignant tissue. The healing process of curing the cancer itself would be too much even if a cure was found

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

If there was a cure, then they would scratch it off the big list and everyone will start making jokes about the next big disease.

Nuff said.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I don't believe there is any good reason to maim your body by smoking if you aren't already having trouble with it. Also.. I don't consider cigarettes to be very cheap. I really wouldn't care to have any extra expenses on top of those I already have.

It would be great if there was a cure for lung cancer, though. ::'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Like people have said...Lung cancer is not the only disease from smoking.

As a moderate smoker (10 a day) I know that it has other effects like you all probably know

Staining of the fingernails, teeth etc (im still hawt k)

But yeh..Theres various other cancers and disease BUT on the other hand

I think if there was a cure there will be a lot more younger smokers

even though statistics show smokers in the 11-16 range are rising

rapidly (UK)

Veni vidi vici

I came, I saw, I conquered

Current Username : Bludclart

We have cures for the flu, too, and pneumonia. People still die.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Well if you think about it, all of the cancer therapists would go out of buisness.

Here a fun thing, lets say the cancer cure came from oil. :lol:

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

i would hope that only people who didnt cause it themselves (eg non smokers who have it geneticly) would get the treatment.

maybe have it some government health scheme thing so it cost almost nothing for people who deserve it, but for people like smokers who caused it they wont be covered and have to fork out thousands of dollars for treatment.

I wouldn't smoke even if there was a cure,its just not my thing.Now if they find one for asthma (chronic) I would.

But if you think about it,a cancer cure would be one of the most expensive medicines around,which many non-tycoon smokers wouldn't be able to afford,even with medical aides and a lottery win on their side.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

If a cure for cancer ever was made, whatever pharmaceutical company who made would trickle it down in little tidbits of expensive info anyway, meaning it would forever until your average person, or any national healthcare system, would be able to afford it.

It certainly wouldn't mean an end to all lung cancer related deaths.