Memories.....

Elimist5000

ah brings back som memories *wipes the tears out of my eyes*

I played, took alot of pics but i reformated my comp about 2 years ago. I started as a warrior on one char and an adventurer on annother one, i remember giving my friend the bucket, and all stuff, the adventurer got, and asked him to give it to my warrior hehe =) Anyone remember me anyways? Dannew Svent, never got high up, got hacked 7 times (i mean *? =D) started 1999. Me, Starman1112 and A h007 "owned" the small house at lumbridge, the one near the most southest bridge leading to al kharid, we said it was ours hehe =) We were afraid of going outside lumbridge because we thought we were going to be murdered by a million goblins =) Remember one day when i bought a full bronze armour in lumbridge shop and my friend was so jealous (StarmaN) and wanted to trade it for his leather armour, later that day i reached to 600 gold and died to a bear and lost it, i was really sad =( After that day i found out about the banks, oh it was so good =D I remember when you couldve gotten phats allthough i didnt, because i wasnt allowed to play at that moment, had to be with the family, i remember mask drops, friend (a h) got 9 green i got 7 blue, and santas, i got 28 santas wich i sold everywhere for full rune, ended up in me having 2 full rune with r2h, 3 santa hats, 600k cash 1 full mask set and 1000 law runes and alot of deaths, chaos and nature, and me beeing hacked that weekend (the week of the dupe anyways, i was going to buy a party hat because i wanted one) The i remember when priest robes came out, people were like "OH WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE? IL PAY YOU 500k FOR YOUR SET!!" and noone found out that you could buy them in the clothes shop in varrock hehe =) I remember the Bunny ears and the scythe, and I remember when you couldnt see peoples combat levels outside wilderness, when you had to PROSPECT the rock to see if it was ore in it, and what ore it was, wasnt coloured like it is now in rsc. When there was no fatigue and rumours about sleeping bags were comming,when p2p didnt excist, when fally didn excist, when i traded my 3 mithril longs, 1 addy battle axe, mithril large helm, chainmail tunic and plate legs for a rune short and trained to get 40 attack, when i killed the dragon with cooked meat and i was 40 40 40 with 25 prayer and 37 magic and 30 ranged, when i started my low level mage pure, when champions guild was cool and only a few were in it, when people were NICE TO EACH OTHER, when noone autoed, when party hats went for 200k each and rune 2 handers went for 1 mill each, when me and my friend after ages got a rune 2 handed each, walked with cooked meat and monk robes and were going to "pk" we both had 60 60 60+ and was around cb 70, when we killed people in sapphire house, when world 20 came, when more and more made pures and we PKed at castle, making pizzas in bandit camp, running there to log and such, when i made my "pure" and pked alot, when i first got p2p, i was so happy about it, and surprised that it had sound, when i first walked out to hit a scorpion! When i got dragon long, finished heroes quest, could mine mithrill, finished mage arena, when the mage arena god spells werent fixed so you could do 20+ damage uncharged and 35 charged (friend of mine 88102pbj 8a used to shoot 35s with them, well, he did 3 35s but alot of 30+) When black med and black scimmy was very "rare" items, laws and deaths were 1 and 5k each, natures 500 and chaos 500, collecting red spider eggs and limpwurt roots to make strenght potions wich you sold for 5k each, when tuturial island came at first, when people helped each other and didnt write "noob" or scammed. When only members could report, and people thought that if a member reported you you would get instantly banned. When i finished all free quests, when i had all but legends left to do in members, when i got my dragon axe and dragon amulet (charged) I was so happy, and when my parents let me get member on my little mage pker (1 1 1 hp 10 magic 60) wich i later on finished mage arena with, leveled to 10 defense, leveled to 68 magic, then got 30 defense, she had scythe and bunny ears aswell, when i got 77 magic and could charge, and staked like rune 2h hehe =) When i created a "plate pure" of my staker wich i lost pasword of (S C 3 T) when i got members, dragon long an 30 def on my pker S C E T, when i finally lost the password to my mage, Il Idehl Il, and my main Dannew Svent finally was hacked and i had forgotten the recoverys, when i was the lowest person to get into the draogn @ dragon slayer, atleast first one, i had 20 20 20 and 33 magic, name was paerion wich a friend later stole from me because he thought it was good, when me and my friend went to kill king black dragon, when i stood up at greater demons and got my first rune large (my main was level 57 at that moment and i was so scared, i logged from every white dot i saw on screen) when i stood and murdered greater demons with cooked meat as food, with rune legs plate and rune 2h with strenght ammy, when Dsm came there and attacked me, and someone else high level ( cant remember but over 110) attacked him and let me escape (i had gotten 3 addy legs, 20k gold and 500ish fire runes), when i got 37 prayer and could use paralyze monsters versus the greater demons! When i killed a level 100 somehow, he had no food, and got full rune with rune 2h, when my friend was all excisted and called me and said he had killed a person and gotten full rune aswell, when i did my first "3hit" and when i pked a level 3 with a party hat with my lvl 4 mage, red hat, i got piled and died, dont know who ever got it ( was a million level 5 mages there and piled each one after annother lol) when i created a low level archer/fighter, 5 1 25 hp 19 range 20 maxed level 12 and walked up with crossbows 30 bolts and cookedmeat, and usually pked 5+ ruby ammies a day, wich was alot for me, when i hit my first 20, when i hit my first 21 and when i hit the first 22, 23 and 24 on my pure, my main was only 61 strenght so he could only hit 20 in free and 21 in member, well possilbly 22 with klanks, dragon axe, super strenght potn prayer, possibly 23 with zamorak pot aswell. When i hit 25 in members with my pure, and got klanks and dragon sword and 30 def, and hit 26, boy was i proud over that. When i helped Andrew ban the first autoer i ever saw, he said that it was very good of me to report it, and thanked me. When i was at my first drop party after i got hacked, and i got full rune with battle axe and a kite hehe, kinda lucky, where i got 100k gold and 500 cooked lobster certs, when me and my friend interfered someone doin a drop trade, taking 360k gold, a green mask, 5 r2hs and a few str ammies but missed a green party hat and about 5 other r2hs hehe =), my first r2h kill, was on my main, when i stood with rune plate, rune 2h and rune legs in varrock lvl 1, with only legs on me, a guy stood there looking though said attack me, i said no i dont wanna die and loose my rune legs, so he attacked, we faught and he ran out, after a while he got back in but with low health so i killed him in 3 easy hits (15 16 dead) and got r2h and str ammie, and he begged me to get it back and i said "well.. i really want it" and he started writing awfull words at me and i decided to put him on ignore list. When i could enter the mining guild, when i could enter every guild in free but crafting (i never crafted much, think i reached 40-50ish crafting) when i got my first full rune kill, when i staked my first million and when the prime time of runescape classic pking was, with nemesis and devil kkc, they were feared! Allthough i killed both on my 40 11 72 character wich later became 60 30 72 =) and still is today, when i became friend with both kkc's and watched their movie crusade, first ever rs movie i watched, when i saw screenshots from members at runescape homepage and thought it was so super cool that you could fight in lumbridge! "AH GOOD OLD DAYS NO WILD?" but then realized it was duells, wich is just as good IMO =) When jagex really cared about runescape classic. I remember the dreadfull day rs2 came out, i logged on, logged out to never log in again, untill yesterday when my friend had created an account for me, and we did like we used to do, pk with low level mages with 20 magery that casts fire strike =) When i quit rsc and my characters, all but one, were to be deleted because of inactivity, when i saw the text on runescape forums a few days ago saying that rsc will allow new accounting, and rumours about f2p comming back, then having my hopes smashed 5 days later by mod laura saying that it wont happen, i had plans in making a low level mage again, level 5, 1 1 1 hp 10 with 20 magery, my friend aswell, and both have a fisher each to get money, fishing cooking and selling lobbs was always my favourite way of making money =)

I remember when one of my friends got killed by a level 8 giant spider outside draynor, when i succseeded to do the quest in draynor mansion, ernst the chicken. When I pked a santa hat =) When i pked a red mask, later on a blue, and having a green from a drop trade, i remember pking at dark wizards above fally, my favourite place, pk / train there, i could train all day long and kill people comming there or try to kill them, or get attacked and kill them, or maybe killed myself and walk up and kill them, i made friends and had a blast =) I remember when runescape classic was runescape, the old game wich i loved and had inside my soul and heart, along with my gaming runescape "brothers". The day shemales came out, the day people started using bots, it was spreading so fast, and almost noone got banned, i remember when i walked through members with my pk and walked through the edgeville dungeon and up on the obelisk of water i think it is, and logged onto a free world and shot people from there with ranged, i killed a few who were fighting hehe =) The day i acctually succsseeded to get 31 prayer on my pure, it was a pain in the wagon ill tell you ! I bought dragon bones in members because i couldnt stand standing hour after hour picking big bones and burying them. Remember when i first heard about throwing knifes, and about other arrows, and poisoned arrows, about poisoned daggers, about throwing spears, darts, dwarf cannon. when the report abuse button came, and when you downloaded the file to launch runescape, i remember when i was playing on 56k when it took 5 to 10 mins to load runescape, when i thought that i could level my character whitout playing over internet, and comming back and play as a higher level, when i first could smith full bronze =) Me and my friends made up plans of running a store selling bronze armour in lumbridge heh =) when i searched for planks and such to get the ship ready to go kill the dragon. When i saw sax, and duelled him on my pure wich was 40 6 55 with 26 prayer at the moment, he had full rune with kite (chain) and klanks, 3 duells later he died heh, he hit alot of 13s with his fists on me =) He added me to friendlist and ignored everyone else! When there was acctually some respect in wild, no dm interfering / protecting / running / logging, when you could have spectators whom didnt attack you after you won, when i ran around in the maze, opening the chest inside with muddy key wich my friend and i hunted for to get as many as possible, when noone swore etc, when the swearing filther was a bit looser (i mean common you cant even say HI today more or less) When you could write in caps and such, when people knew about @ran@ @gre@ @red@ @yel@ @blu@ @mag@ @ora@ but not about @gr1-2-3@ @re1-2-3@ @ye1-2-3@ @bl1-2-3@ @ma1-2-3@ @ora1-2-3@. One thing i dont remember tho, could you write with @bla@ or not? Cant remember that acctually! =D

when the rumours about rs2 came, that it was just as runescape classic but with alot of more quests, a bigger world, new items, new monsters, when you could send in tips to jagex, i sent in about them allowing people to have houses and using the skill carpentry in the year of 2002, 2003 and again in 2004 =) remember when you could get REALLY RICH by mining 100 coal certs (500 coal) and sell them, thats how i got cash to buy a party hat, wich i was going to buy sooner or later considering the lowest (red) was 2,3 mill at the time, and that was before the dupe =) I remember the first mass ban, when a friend of mine got banned whitout doing anything, i posted on forums here on my old account and got banned, ive had a second acount wich ive lost the password to and cant even remember the acc name. Ive been at tipit since it started almost, since i heard of it. I loved tip its quest guides allthough i did try to finish quests whitout help =) When the makeover mage came ! Wow that was cool tbh! Eyepatches aswell! When you could see a ship outside the coast of draynor / rimmington somewhere there, think it was the ice cave now sure! When i mined bluerite =) When i saw thieving, was really cool, and ofcourse, when i got 40 prayer on my main, no ranger shot me again! =D When the autoers swarmed rsc and destroyed the game, and finally when jagex butchered it with making it members only, and then removing ability to make new account, or even logging onto old accounts =/ They say its only for old and loyal runescape players but since i couldnt get member for 6 months my characters are deleted in rsc =( *a tear shed for the lost*

Ah so many memories Crying or Very sad I will never again be able to play that wonderfull game called runescape classic =( I remember when the old guards in edgeville could attack you if you tried attackin a player inside wilderness, was a bug, they said "NO FIGHTING" or something, wich was fixed later i think =) When dragon med and dragon sq shield rumours were on the uprising, and when dragon looke djust as bronze, so that you could scared away people by wielding a bronze dagger or long hehe =) I remember all the different cape colours, some you had to dye to get =) Ah, thats about it for now.. I think I want to be alone with my memories now, they will always live in my heart and soul, and mind =) Goodnight fellow "oldschoolers".

Write a book about it :P

My best memory was trading my blue mask for a white p hat :)

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... I had the best way of making money... I though =\

I would wander to the small town of Rimmington (the town ppl forget is even there, it is by port sarim gobs) and I would pick up the bronze scimitar there and then sell it to the general store for hours lol... I made about 20k.

After I left rimmington I went to port sarim and hopped on the boat to karamja and fished and fished.

Memory 2:

The first time I played runescape i was convinced that the bank that you deposited items was the only bank that you could get them back from... so i would always be walking .. until i tried a different bank and i got my items out. i told my brother bout my discovery and he was in awe.

Another memory was getting my first party hat --- it was a red one and around 1.5mil.

another memory was trading my blue mask for a white party hat =]=]=]

Another good memory was pkin with all the pro 42's such as xpkxpkx .. 99 rng although he did auto some =[.

OFF TOPIC - to adx1 are you A---D---X? you were round 42 cb in rsc.

lol i had my way too, i'd mine copper and smith it into bronze plates, then npc them in order to get money for better armor/weapons...was great then

420 happens twice a day, are you up for it?

RSC- 115 98hp

RS2- 116 96hp (hasnt changed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLr0x_4GEkQ (KO pk vid)

• 3 weeks later...

Even though I quit the day I started, I vaguely remember my first visit into RSC.

I started a new account(don't remember what he looked like). I got so mad because for some reason I kept getting a message like 'someone is already talking to the guide' whenever I tried to talk to a guide. The 'tutorial island' was very confusing. Finally, though, I got through it and ended up in a place full of small pens with chickens in it, also giant rats. I was so confused because I could not enter the pens, apparently I had to complete some task or quest. I remember the Al Kharid toll gate, and how desparate I was for 10gp. I then somehow made it to a place with a large fountain and many players gathering around it. I then spotted a person dressed in full blue mage and followed her(I loved that follow option <3: ). I kept begging for 10gp and thought it was funny, but she eventually lost me in some store(going up and down the stairs trick). I quit after that, I got really bored.

Oh... if only I had stayed... if only. I'd be playing with the big boys now, with 100 phat sets. Ohhh why did I quit...

I started an account on rs2 quite some years later, January 17th, 2005. I have been hacked twice and lost 2M, but I have managed to find great firewalls and I still play on Mario_sunny to this day. :D

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

i remember when i made my acc 4 years ago... You get to choose to be warrior, mage, ranger, adventurer, or miner before. I chose warrior and i started killing goblins and selling iron daggers(spawns in goblin house) goblin armors and bronze squares(goblin drops) to the general store goblin armor was 16gp minumum bronze sq was 20 somethin and iron dags was 12 each. Did that for 3 months got like 30 levels and 13k lol :lol:

In 2002 there we're no warrior mage optios...

:shame:

Started playin when the beta came online, at first i couldn't understand how to finish tutorial island so i was stuck there for about 4 days, until my friend showed me what to do. About the pking:

I pked all the time, had charecters like " C___A___B" ->

"Lordstrjoy" with 40-11-96 i think later got 98 strength and stayid lvl 72 with 99 range. :evil: used to pk with players like "blick,dittos,the_wozzy,dark__ness and lot's of more.

had great fun, too bad it's gone now . :\

I miss rsc. :cry: <3:

Started playin when the beta came online, at first i couldn't understand how to finish tutorial island so i was stuck there for about 4 days, until my friend showed me what to do. About the pking:

"Lordstrjoy" with 40-11-96 i think later got 98 strength and stayid lvl 72 with 99 range. :evil: used to pk with players like "blick,dittos,the_wozzy,dark__ness and lot's of more.

There was no tutorial island in rs1 beta...

It was introduced like.. ages into it.

Lowgravity, I want to be just like you. But...I never will be as 1337 as you. :(

I kept getting attacked by lots of muggers in Varrock.. in truth I was getting attacked by the same one..lol i just kept going in circles getting lost lol.

Haha wow I can remember doing that as well #-o , I thought he was a player and told him to stop attacking me.

Lowgravity, I want to be just like you. But...I never will be as 1337 as you. :(

Oh and another memory just came to me, the release of Underground Pass.

This quest was VERY hard when it was just released, took lots of brain power and you had to have a good memory and good puzzle solving skills, this was at a skill level the previous quests have never even come close to! I got confused so much doing this, and meeting people along the way and helping eachother out with hints to what we have to do, eventually I completed it and apparently I was 8th to complete it!? (2 people said it to me randomly, but I doubt it's true) but I did finish it very quickly and played practically non stop till I finished it <3: , that quest was legendary in RS1 but I did it on RS2 on another account and barely enjoyed it <.< .

And i'd like to thank whichever really high level it was who told me to go buy a arrow from the lil' shop on the way when before I had started the quest (before I even got into the tunnel place)

Guest Cosinus

I remember when my friend tendered me to start playing RS, I thought it was abit ugly to start with. But the longer I played the more I loved it, I especially remember that I was killing Dwarfs constantly because my friend said it was good XP. And I remember that I was so incredibly happy when I got an Addy 2h. :D

• 4 weeks later...

So true, well at least you caught him out lol

happysigbp0.jpg

• 1 month later...

When I got my addy set, I was sooo proud. I smithed alot of steel to get it.

Did eric the chicken or something, man that was hard!

Spending an hour closing the bank doors with my friend. I laughed the whole through, it was priceless.

Hanging with my friend Lakey, he was awesome and helped me get mithril. RSC Mithril > Dragon.

Runescape player since 6th November, 2003

pen_chef.png

pen_chef.png

flubbersig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My first Quest was friken hard!

It was "Cook Assistant", I was wondering all around f2p looking for pot/flower/eggs etc. After around 2 hours of this I asked a friend and they helped me complete the quest in less than 10 mins -_-...

My first PK :ohnoes:

It was when I finally got full Black + Black long and ruby ammy (x2)

I didn't know what food was so I didn't use any, I strolled up to varrok wildy. Stepped in, some noob attacked me will full iron / a2h and after a few rounds (Still me with no food). I killed him!! :D

I got my rewards, then stepped back in and got killed on the 2nd blow -.-.

:D haha, good old memories.

So true, well at least you caught him out lol

Blick that pker, use to work in Blue Water. (Kent). Which is a 5 min drive from me ! :D LOL

Ah, good times. I made one account, which got owned by a cow. ::'

Then i made another, which lagged also got owned by a cow. <.<

Then i made another one, which this time i went the other direction...

and got owned by a jail guard. :wall:

Then i finnaly made the account i still play today. :D

Oh and another memory just came to me, the release of Underground Pass.

This quest was VERY hard when it was just released, took lots of brain power and you had to have a good memory and good puzzle solving skills, this was at a skill level the previous quests have never even come close to! I got confused so much doing this, and meeting people along the way and helping eachother out with hints to what we have to do, eventually I completed it and apparently I was 8th to complete it!? (2 people said it to me randomly, but I doubt it's true) but I did finish it very quickly and played practically non stop till I finished it <3: , that quest was legendary in RS1 but I did it on RS2 on another account and barely enjoyed it <.< .

And i'd like to thank whichever really high level it was who told me to go buy a arrow from the lil' shop on the way when before I had started the quest (before I even got into the tunnel place)

I remember when it came out lol, first quest i actually did the day it came out , and i found lots of good training spots. Infact lol me and a couple others like sharif50 prob was the only ones who trained their for the great xp for like the first couple months it was out. Then word got out and it got ruined. But it was the blessed spiders was the second best xp on the game other then pirate hut :P

Meeturpker

99 hp before you

I remember when it came out lol, first quest i actually did the day it came out , and i found lots of good training spots. Infact lol me and a couple others like sharif50 prob was the only ones who trained their for the great xp for like the first couple months it was out. Then word got out and it got ruined. But it was the blessed spiders was the second best xp on the game other then pirate hut :P

Man, everytime I trained there, Sharif50 and effin' SamanthaNZ would log on and just range my spidies with there 70 range. AND then my trusty 92ish attack would hit endless 0s while their mid-level range would hit constant 12s. :cry: I did however love the very bottom spidy pit with that big mother effin' spider and like the 50 little ones. Me and my mates used to have competitions to see if we could kill every spider before any respawned <3: (don't think we ever did it on server 1).

Massive Nerd

Man, everytime I trained there, Sharif50 and effin' SamanthaNZ would log on and just range my spidies with there 70 range. AND then my trusty 92ish attack would hit endless 0s while their mid-level range would hit constant 12s. :cry: I did however love the very bottom spidy pit with that big mother effin' spider and like the 50 little ones. Me and my mates used to have competitions to see if we could kill every spider before any respawned <3: (don't think we ever did it on server 1).

Yeah thats where i started training cause it wasnt so close to the entrance of the place

Meeturpker

99 hp before you

• 4 weeks later...

ok so i havent been around since 2001 or 02 ( lol i started playing 3 years ago) but i do hav one thing that is pretty funny!!

i remember saving up for 2 months for 200k to buy myself full black (g) and then once i got it i went straight to falador mines to train on some scorpions anyway within 3 minutes i had died lost all my black (g) ( hadd full rune in inventroy=(

after this had happened i didnt play for a whole year but now im back and with membs just picked myself up a full rune (T0 3 days ago and saving the rest for rune (g)

anyways u guys from the old days of rsc tell me something what did jagex do that killed runescape??

allthough i do agree they come out with some garbage skills ( hunter in particular)

Total Lvl: 1653/Combat lvl: 101/Quest Points: 184.

Highest Stat - 99 Fletching/Achieved On Dec 2007.

2nd Highest Stat - 89 Woodcutting.

Lowest Stat - 31 Summoning.

All Stats - Over Lvl 50 (Except Summoning)/Achieved On Janurary 2008.

i started about a week after tutorial island was release. i was only 12 at the and i do consider myself an oldschool player.

my first day consisted of me chopping wood. i cut down full inventories full of logs and sold them for like 1 or 2 gp each and i though i can keep doing this and get rich. then i found out after a while you stop getting money for them.

then i started mining and smithing like a madman and within a week was 41 mining and like 32 smithing. i kept going with that until i had a decent amout of money.

In my first days of RS I remember taking along time looking at the map being confused about all those dots and then finally making it to Varock, I was in that back street with the thugs behind the bank and the rune shop and I ask in chat "Where am I?" and someone says "Your in Varock biggest city in RuneScape." Thats my most favorite moment in my RS history.

i rember the old days when i was pking in full bronze and died and thought that that was a big loss. i was thinking of quitting over that lol, and i also reember when i had 6 def and didnt know how to raise it, and trying to complete one of the hardest challenges back then: finishing the legends quest.