My IDEAL December Behind the Scenes. What's yours?

Zepheras

We have decided that it was unfair for members that at some point have become f2p again to render their banks useless due to the excessive amount of unusable items. Therefore we have made it so that your member items will be lost when returning to f2p.

Worst suggestion I've heard so far.

Did you fail so see the sarcasm in my post? Ifso, wow man...

They need to ruin a lot to compete to last years december :P

Use sarcasm tags or don't use sarcasm at all. To quote Urban Dictionary, using sarcasm on the Internet is like winking on the phone.

I really like these ideas, they're good for building up some really needed suggestions.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If all those updates were added to runescape it would suck. New combat systems? New level requirements? New, new, new? No thanks, how about you fix the game before adding a bunch of miscellaneous updates. We just got a bunch of new things and you want more ALREADY? Jesus Christ, don't you see the flaws with all of these? If Jagex ever did this many updates at once I'd quit. It's too much and completely ridiculous.

The problem with the variations in magic, and armor, and all this stuff ; who uses it?

We have splitbark,

Frogskin,

Snakeskin,

Shade robes,

Leather armor,

Claws,

Warhammers,

Daggers (aside from DDS)

Flavored potatoes,

Curry (heals 20 and is dirt cheap)

This list, no one uses them. Why have all this variety if no one is going to use them?

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Rule/Tutorial:

Awsome idea.

Quests: 1 per month = amazing

Editorial: This would be pretty nice, but I don't know how many real issues it would address.

Random events: Good idea. With the weekly rewards, make a weekly maze change as well. Mazes = ftw.

Combat changes: Combat has been this way for 6 years for a reason.

Defense: Isn't it already universal? Do you want to make it like hitpoints? I don't really get this one.

Equipment: No. The gaps are waay too small. All the armour would have little stat difference, you would constantly need to upgrade, and either 20 new ores would be introduced, or they would all be unsmithable.

Totems: Sounds good, but they should be pretty hard to get.

Spell books: I don't this could really work. Magic is good the way it is with 3 spellbooks. Mind and body controlling? I have no idea what that's about.

Knockback: Nice idea. Aiming for different parts of the body is too complicated, and would give an advantage to rangers.

Party System: Already exists. As for the xp bonus, why should you get more xp because you're hanging out with your friends?

Equipment changes: Great ideas, except for dark bow.

Firemaking: Definitely not. This would be a huge annoyance, and be very impractical.

Crafting: Sounds nice. I like the idea of only a small chance of succeeding. However, the new jewelry must provide some benefit, or nobody will craft them because they're not worth much.

Mining: Neptune Gem and Rainbow Crystal?!? Seriously?

Summoning: 30 Minutes is much too long. Other than that, I like all of your ideas.

Cooking: With the 99 hp cap, food that heals almost 1/3 of your entire health is overpowered.

Construction: Sure.

Graphics: Those restrictions aren't in place because of technical limitations. Scaling things better sounds good. Day/night= no.

Best of guild: Highscores much?

Chompy Costume: Sure.

Yearly Runescape events: Awsome. These would be really cool, with the exception of horseback dueling. I don't think it would be that much fun, and it would probably end up looking weird.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

1 major update a week? Melee sets out the [wagon]?

I'm not even going to bother tearing apart your "ideal bts". You have no realistic idea of how updates work, thus your bts is just random [cabbage] from your overactive imagination. :roll:

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

Hello players, we have a unique month ahead of us, lately we have had alot of content added to the game, this month is different. We decided to focus on fixing bugs and rebalancing the game instead, using only a little extra content where needed.

We felt that many weapons were never used, and that some were clearly superior to others. So we changed the stats on melee weapons, to make sure every weapon in the game now has its use. We also altered the defense values of all armour and creatures so the difference between stabbing, slashing and crushing is now alot more obvious.

While magic was a great secondary skill, we felt its combat uses were not that great, a few of the changes we did are: air, water, earth and fire spells will now do 15% more damage, cursing spells will now remove 7.5% and 15% of the targets stat, and the target will find that it takes longer to recover from these spells. Snare spells will not only bind the enemy, but also slow his attack speed by 2.5%/5%/10% for twice the duration of the spell. Smoke rush and burst spells will now give the target 4 poision damage, while blitz and barage will give the target 6 poision damage. Shadow rush and burst will now lower the enemys attack and range levels by 15%, blitz and barrage will take 25% of the atatck and range skills away from the target. Blood spells will now heal the caster for 30%, and ice spells will lower the targets defense by 5%.

A small change has been made to the battle robes aswell, they will now pay for the runes more often, and the recharge time has been decreased. To top it off, the ancient and mystic staves get a additional 5 magic attack bonus,while the staves obtained from the mage arena and the 3a staff will now give double the magic attack bonus!

Ahrims staff has been given a new effect, when its special hits it will now drain 0.2 points in every skill of the target (excluding hp and prayer) for every point of damage done.

A defensive aura spell to the regular and lunar spellbooks has also been added, this aura will aura will absorb a percentage of the (non-magic) damage done to the caster, up to a certain amount, after which it will dissolve. The level 44 spell will absorb 10% of the damage up to 50 damage, the lvl 67 spell will absorb 15% of the damage up to 100 damage, and the lvl 91 spell will absorb 20% of the damage up to 200 damage. a aura will also vanish after 10 minutes, if damage still remains.

Rangers can welcome a small change aswell, no longer will they have to hide behind mushrooms for safety, for when they hit the target might be knocked back, this only happens if the archer manages to take away more then 15% of the enemys hp in a single hit (or 25% against players) . The range of accurate and rapid fire types have had their firing distance increased by 40%, while longrange will now fire 75% further!

To make sure range and magic dont become overpowered after these updates, you will find creatures to be a bit smarter, so they wont get stuck behind objects as often as before.

We have had reports of players having wrist problems, so we have altered every make/buy/whatever item, the different options are now: do-1,do-5,do-28,do-x,do-previousX. We've also changed some vendors, who will now use a tradescreen instead of dialog to sell their wares (kebab seller for example).

Firemaking has always been a bit of a worthless skill, so weve changed a few things: the type of log and the fm level will now decide how long a fire will last, the failrate of cooking percentages has also been changed so better logs will mean less failing (willow logs are equal with ranges now).

Some skills xp values have been tweaked so some skills wont be a difficult as before, while others are a bit more difficult. Cooking, firemaking, fletching and thieving are a bit more difficult, while agility, slayer and runecrafting are easier now.

Weve noticed that certain training methods were never used for skills, because another method was both more profitable as well as giving you more xp, we've rebalanced all the xp values of actions, to change this a bit. Players will find the game to be more diverse then before.

Some skills have started making a loss since the pvp updates last year, to counteract this we've added a few things to those skills. When producing equipment using smithing, fletching or crafting you will now have a small chance of creating a exceptional piece of equipment with boosted stats, which are highly sought after for their rarity. Crafters will also be able to craft a new item, the eleborate vial, which can hold up to 6 doses of a potion. Herblorists will now be able to squeeze a additional dose out of their ingredients for every 18 levels after the requirement level (up to 4 for regular vials, and 6 for eleborate vials).

Weve done alot of optimising in the code aswell, and players will notice a little less lag while roaming runescape.

Summoners will now notice that all creatures will now stay for another 10 minutes, this was especially needed for those low-level summons that vanished within a few minutes. Summons will now also try to attack enemys when your attacking one without it attacking you, safespotting with a familiar is now possible!

We've also fixed all bugs that we werent able to fix before because of limited time.

Because most of these changes didnt really require any development, just designing and balancing, we have had more time to work on next month, where we will open the eatern lands with a massive quest!

You really have some good ideas, I wonder if Jagex will read this and think... Hmm.

Honestly, the majority of your ideas should be added or at least seriously considered.

I agree with you there. Some great ideas that would be very beneficial if they were ever implemented.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

My ideal behind the scenes wouldn't look like yours. I would just want to get two updates except the christmas event one:

The release of the horseskill, finally you can ride in RS, and the grandmaster quest has to do with this new skill and somethign a mystical RS God :).

You can dream, can't you?

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

After lengthy consideration, the Varrock Council passed a motion to re-hire Thrandor and offer him his old job back, with a substantial pay rise and increased benefits package.

Oh yes, I really miss him <3: If this would be the only thing that happened in December, it would be a very good december!!

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

well seeing as when i read this i went "eh...would be an okay month i suppose"

a better month would be.

new massive quest that actualy had GREAT rewards

2+ new skills

fixed firemaking(your way is not that good but it still needs fixing none-the-less)

making more highleveled UNtradable things for all skills

a x-mas event that had good looking rewards

now if i saw that i would be stoked

Y_Z.png

In addition to a massive new quest, smithing updates!

To start, the release of Elemental Workshop 3. That body door's been sitting closed for over two years. It's time to BUST IT OPEN!

After that, scaling back rune item smithing requirements to allow for a higher-tiered metal, made from an alloy of runite and adamantite. (or something of that nature...Use your imagination.) Best of all, every item made of the metal would be untradable, so us master smiths in training would have something to show for our work.

Finally, adding a smithing requirement to fix barrows armor yourself. Finally, a level 1 smith wouldn't be able to SOMEHOW fix ancient, powerful, and highly enchanted (cursed?) armor.

I could go on, but I'm trying to keep this SOMEWHAT realistic...Heck, I'd kill for any ONE of these to be implemented.

Edit: Ah, what the heck? I'd REALLY like to see Oziach's price to make a Dragonfire Shield go up...to about 15 million. Not to mention make it no longer able to be smithed through the assist system....Hehehe...

Rook_Dugal.png

Because F2P peaople cant own battlestaves, we now wont be able to auto cast even firebolt?! what [cabbage] are you smoking?

I like the general idea but it needs a little bit of tweaking...

how many runescapers does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the lightbulb and the rest to complain about how the first one was better

There are lots of bad people in the world, but they're like slinkies; you can have so much fun pushing them down two flights of stairs...

Arigorn_380.png

My previous acount, 'WeirdAl_fan' was unable to be recovered after the crash...

Because F2P peaople cant own battlestaves, we now wont be able to auto cast even firebolt?! what [cabbage] are you smoking?

I like the general idea but it needs a little bit of tweaking...

Lol, I must admit that I didn't notice this flaw when I typed away, even though I'm mostly f2p myself :lol:

I wouldn't want to see even more untradeable items added to the game with no specific reason, it further undermines the lesser-than-free market that we already had. Like the runecraft robes, they could have added a 50 runecrafting level to it, and change the graphics of leaf bladed spear.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775