runescape=dumb?

SacredFlam3s

at my school, everyone plays WOW and everyone hate runescape, well, apart from me of course. its a deadly secret, and if it was found out, i would be the laughing stock of my school. what about at your school? i don't really how they see runescape as gay/dumb/for nerds because its nearly the same as WOW, well, at least what ive seen of it.

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive played it at my school and nobody seems to bother. :P

Its just another game though.

Anyone who thinks they need to laugh at someone who doesnt do/like exactly the same as they do, need help. :?

My mate says that rs is a kids game with bad graphics and no-lifers

hes addicted to WoW btw

all the people that say rs is gay are like that lol

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

Not many in my school that I know of play MMORPG's and most started out playing Runescape afew moved to wow but alot quit. Noone would say anything to anyone because WOW is nerdier than Runescape.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Firstly, don't be ashamed of it!

When your the only one arguing about something though, even though you may have the best argument, when there is more people against you are going to get crushed.

I find myself not getting hated so much now as myself, and others around me are growing up, and they're getting more broad minded. But when i was at school it was definatly a problem.

Just don't be afraid to go with the flow, i don't play WOW because i feel it's too much money plus it's more addictive than runescape. I like the fact all i need to do is go online to play runescape, i like the gameplay and the methods of trading/communication etc...

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

If people are using gay as a negative adjective, you know they aren't worth listening to.

My thoughts exactly... people tease to gain an advantage over you. If you enjoy it and are not ashamed then it will go away. Every person has different likes and when in school people for some reason think that everyone should be the same, screw them and be yourself. Wow is a great game for its own reasons. I had many friends that play wow and it is crazy how many similarities there are in the games. When a new game comes out, try it and have your own say at the game. I tried warhammer, wow, City of Villians and such and still enjoy RuneScape because of the basic gameplay. I like it for the simplicity when I need a simple game.

Just because Rs does not allow you to build your own virtual/only girlfriend does not mean the graphics suck. ;)

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

when i was in highschool it was the same way, everyone was like runescape is a pile of !$#* i never really revealed my secret a few played WoW the majority just played console games and counterstrike, end of the day whatever you enjoy i have a few friends from highschool who play RS though ;)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

i perosnaly find runescape better, i quit rs to play wow for a year, leveled to 70 as a mage, raided all the way up to muru and quit before killing kil'jaden the last boss and that was simply because the game becomes to addictive and earning money may be easy but when you raid every night you spend your weekends earning money to last you 5 days of hardcore raiding. Atleast with runescape you dont have to have any real comitments and you can log on and off whenever.

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

The whole "WoW vs. RS" thing is just completely moronic. Childish, idiotic, stupid behaviour. Just play the game you like best, and shut the hell up about the other one.

For christs sake... Every once in a while a new thread pops up about this subject, and it's just getting more and more moronic.

I think it's funny that people criticize so severely when, well I mean, It's just a game is it not?

Your school sounds like it's a top place to be! If people call you a nerd if you play RuneScape when they play WoW, which is just another online game, just like RuneScape.

Seriously, tell a dead-set WoW player and RuneScape hater, that you play RuneScape. Then, when he/she calls you a nerd or a loser etc, say 'At least people who play RuneScape don't dress up as characters for Blizzard conventions.' Talk about a shutdown!

Seriously mate, I wouldn't bother at all with those tools, just do whatever you wanna do, that's the decision I made and no-one cares, you'd be surprised how little people care that you play a computer game.

Trevace.png

If it bleeds, We can kill it.

Trevace.png

've played RS and a few other games in the grade 12 lounge (yes the grade 12s at my school have a lounge instead of home room). Theres sometimes a bit of teasing that normally ammounts to "Randox are you playing RuneScape?". Over the last couple of years people in other grades have seen me play RS. One became a friends for a while, then he switched schools and we stopped talking in game after that (we still say hello sometimes). I once played in the computer lab during lunch when it was populated by little kids, I swaer I was about to recive fan mail <3: .

Now in the public schools, id be suprised if school comps allowed RS (though I use my own laptop so I porbbaly could. I immagine that playing RuneScape is between Neopets and WoW. Alot of people get bored with RS in the first couple of minutes or have never tried it thus labeling it as a stupid game.

I laugh at people who think they're cooler than others because they play a more popular computer game. :lol:

WoW is a great game and all, just not as great as everyone claims it to be. Before any WoW players flame me for being a "RS fanboi" I played WoW. I didn't find anything new, the gameplay was the same as Diablo, and even the lore from the Warcraft series wasn't anything we didn't already know. It's just overpraised because of Blizzard's history.

Many people I know wouldn't even know what an MMORPG is because it's not something they would care about anyway. If you're in danger of being mercilessly harassed by your fellow students because they think their online game is better then your school must be Nerd Central.

Theres sometimes a bit of teasing that normally ammounts to "Randox are you playing RuneScape?"
Omg your friends irl call you by your RSN? :shock:

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

I got another secret. Kids will take the piss out of other kids for anything. If it wasn't for playing Runescape it would be your hairstyle, the trainers you wear, the car your dad drives etc.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

hes addicted to WoW btw

People that judge a game by its graphics don't know anything about computer games, and as such, their opinion doesn't matter.

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

hes addicted to WoW btw

People that judge a game by its graphics don't know anything about computer games, and as such, their opinion doesn't matter.

Runescape graphics own now anyway.

I remember being in school and trying to defend RSC graphics.

Zerker_jane.png

Ghandi once said:

Even if you are in a minority of one - the truth is still the truth.

RuneScape > WoW. That's the truth right there!

i_j00_m0m.png

The stars are matter, we're matter, but it doesn't matter.

-Don Van Vliet

Ghandi once said:

Even if you are in a minority of one - the truth is still the truth.

RuneScape > WoW. That's the truth right there!

there to different to say one owns the other more, they both attract people for differnt reasons.

to settle that argument id suggest going by what earns more money and popularity and that would be wow easily.

Although i chose not killing kil'jeaden the last boss of the game to come back to rs coz it has so many things you can do, wow comes down to leveling your skills (2max!) from 1-375 in a day then PVE - PVP nothing else it never really changes and it becomes such a grindfest compared to rs which is the same but you get a very big variety of things to grind.

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)