You are now aware that you are breathing.

KnightLite

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things like breathing and blinking are voluntary actions. You can't control things like youe heart beat and blood pressure, that's involuntary.

Interesting that some animals can do that, like the Thorny Devil lizard, which can raise the pressure of blood in its head to make blood squirt out of its eyes as a defence mechanism.

Spitting venom would be cooler. :ugeek:

Octopus.jpg

I can shoot my pee without hands,stop the flow mid pee and do a combination of both.I can also pee in short bursts,not unlike ejaculation.

Look, mum! No hands!

Uhhh... I can hold my junk, with no handlebars?

Anyways. I'm always aware of stuff like this. It's wierd. And I feel all craaaaaazy when I mess with the natural rhythm.

I MUST TAKE THE BLUE PILL. THE RABBIT HOLE IS DEEP.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

It's very possible biologically for humans to:

Stop urinating 'mid stream'

Raise or lower their body temperature

Control their heartbeat per minute

There's even books on the latter subject, search google books for "Buddhist Psychology: A Modern Perspective" for a free read. People can slow their hearts to 20bpm or less, cool/heat their bodies by -10/+10 celsius degrees.. By using their minds and meditation practice.

I can stop peeing mid-stream, zip-up go to a different urinal and repeat until someone walks in... Its a great game to play if you are alone and bored in a public toilet.

It does feel weird though haha

You get bored in a public toilet often eh?

I think I can stop peeing in mid-stream, harder when sitting that when standing though.

Ooo... I've got synaesthesia too! :D Probably not in the same degree as Elisabeth, but it's there. Still, synaesthesia has some bad sides as well, such as I have problems understanding a word if the background colour makes me think of another word.

6dv9t4.png

Filesharer.org - Upload your mugshot to support The Pirate Bay!

Raise or lower their body temperature

o89uOcUG2aE

Extreme case.

Great clip, thanks. But I hate how the scientists try to spin this into genetic modification and "allowing everyone to have these traits", as if it's some paper form on which you can browse though a checklist for abilities for your child.

Passing on gene cells that make a child immune to some hereditary diseases, cancers, etc.. Is a good thing. Giving unique traits like synaesthesia, deep cold resistance, ultra-fast processing speed of numbers, to everyone, doesn't just feel right.

The people that usually hold these traits are more often than not stunningly intelligent and creative, these special traits shouldn't be spread out by the millions to just everyone like vaccines.

Hah! I have no problem with this. Must be all the meditation i've done, I can easily shift my mind on another thing and make it automatic again.

Intresting topic this is. The breathing thing is actually only a tip of iceberg. Actually almost everything works much more swell when you don't think about it. Or should we say, you don't interfere. Talking for example. When having a smalltalk or discussion with someone try to think everything that you say and it becomes very uneasy and painful almost just like when thinking about breathing all the time.

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

Hah! I have no problem with this. Must be all the meditation i've done, I can easily shift my mind on another thing and make it automatic again.

Care to share your great tips oh Dalai Lama? Whenever I try forgeting I end up trying to trick myself into forgetting that I'm trying to forget which results in my trying to trick myself into forgetting that I'm trying to forget that I was trying to forget and... ya, it kinda goes samsara on me. Except, you know, with thinking instead of going six feet under.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I was only joking about saying it's impossible to stop mid-stream. :P

Yeh...of course you were :P

Hurts like hell. :x

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Care to share your great tips oh Dalai Lama? Whenever I try forgeting I end up trying to trick myself into forgetting that I'm trying to forget which results in my trying to trick myself into forgetting that I'm trying to forget that I was trying to forget and... ya, it kinda goes samsara on me. Except, you know, with thinking instead of going six feet under.

Actually now that I tryed to think what so great am I doing to make it happen automatically again, I started thinking too much of it and I realized it's not so easy! :mrgreen:

Yeah, but the too much thinking must be the problem! And having too much effort! The shift of attention must be effortless. You can't start thinking about forgetting things, because that will lead you into thinking about things!

Now that you asked, I realized that what I do is I relax for starters and actually concentrate on the breathing itself. Not on the process of breathing, but how it feels. Like the cool air going in my nostrils, my relaxed stomach rising up and going down. Kinda like I would be actually meditating. And then when I decide to start doing something else, like writing I will shift my attention on the writing. Have to say tho, writing about this topic it just automatically makes me think breathing again and again. But that must be the topic, i'm pretty sure, when I start doing something else than writhing about breathing I won't have to worry about it too much.

And thats the lesson for today, my young padawan. Feeling, not thinking. I think thats the trick :ugeek: Empty your mind.. :XD:

Edit: And if you can't get rid of it, just accept that and enjoy the feeling of breathing. Accept that it will never actually go away, you will always be breathing and it always will be "half-consious" so just might try to get used to it.

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

The people that usually hold these traits are more often than not stunningly intelligent and creative, these special traits shouldn't be spread out by the millions to just everyone like vaccines.

I share the same view. The ones that you hear about are always eccentric, or have a willingness to achieve, or have good courage, and aren't lazy.

If you put such genes into most of the human population, you'll have worse wars, more terror, and the overall money to research such things will go to such a waste, and as in other topics an elitist human community that can afford, or have a select amount of the 'cool' or 'better' abilities would be a separation and would probably start a war for whatever we may know.

Still passing on genes to prevent diseases is morally right, but it's also defying nature, and when we are able to combat bacteria/diseases (whatever) into a small corner, there's nothing left for us to stop reproducing, and we'd run out of resources by the 2100-2200 century if there isn't any major wars/destruction/natural disasters...etc. There's a few documentaries about this 'effect'. Forget what it's called.

There are just times when humans need to be able to be killed by other predators, it's just natural for us, and other ecosystems.

I've seen an avatar that says "YOU ARE NOW BREATHING MANUALLY"

I hate both of you.

What is the longest you guys have had to breathe manually? My longest was probably ~5 minutes, I was laying in bed, trying to fall asleep AND trying to switch back to automatic breathing -.-

wl7w9j.png