Dragon Plate, price is dropping like a rock.

joker2022

But.... D claws are going up fast, I would invest in those.

I am buying d claws on maximum price in GE since the day they came out, increasing the price everyday, no ones selling them since their junk price is something like 5mil.

The only way they get on GE is by using coinshare when killing Tormented demons,

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

The threads actually fine and there's no need to be "cool" and post "/thread " marks.

In my opinion the platebody is going down because its stats stinks. I mean really? over 30 milions for an armour that doesn't even look nice? pfft ive seen Barrows sets looking better, and they are VERY cheap nowadays.

In my opinion the platebody is going down because its stats stinks.

Come on man, if you know ANYTHING about runescape, you KNOW that is not the reason why the prices are dropping on it.

Come on...

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

the chain looks better than the plate and the chain is better thought out the kq to kill with your friends and the fact its dropped by in 1 piece jagex needed to either have gone hey lets make a demon to solo, like any good boss monster, drop rates the same if its harder and make it in 1 or 2 pieces, i know the godsword worked well but thats because of the interchangeable hilts, the visage works well because #1 its in chargeable and #2 its rare.. the problem is all the armour theyre releasing now you have to get it in pieces i dont understand why but surely they have their reasons..

Why give the part of it as a reward i mean come on, that just spoils the fun, why not do that with legends and give the left half for free, its a random part why not say ok we will give them a specific piece as the reward and give the plate a unique feature, just like the dfs the spirit shields or godsword specs

if you ask me they just wanted to make a dragonforge so said lets split it up into pieces

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

In my opinion the platebody is going down because its stats stinks.

Come on man, if you know ANYTHING about runescape, you KNOW that is not the reason why the prices are dropping on it.

Come on...

I know much about RuneScape and I know that's why it's prices are going down, if you think you know more, provide some evidence that I am wrong. So far my evidence that barows armor is cheaper and way better in stats and looks, then dragon.

The life of a manipulator, who just can't stop:

Yesterday: buying all dragon plates X coins.

Today, while in a CC with other like-minded people: We're going to dump d plates 8:00 GMT today.

Tomorrow: everyone panics seeing the GE price plummet, joins the bandwagon, sells their plates, abd plate prices drop to day 1 level, maybe even lower

Cycle continues.

Everyone but the manipulator is sad.

Jagex are aware but can't do anything.

OR this is just a normal behaviour of new items, that lose their value after just half a week?

dontfearthereaper2.png

Understandable that the plate is dropping simply because it's waaaaayyyy overpriced. I mean, it's really just a symbol of wealth and status rather than being useful as armor as there are many more choices that are much cheaper and efficient such as Barrows armor ect. Oh well, I saw this coming a mile away. :roll: Wasn't expecting D Claws to skyrocket as they have though... but they're awesome. =D>

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

Understandable that the plate is dropping simply because it's waaaaayyyy overpriced. I mean, it's really just a symbol of wealth and status rather than being useful as armor as there are many more choices that are much cheaper and efficient such as Barrows armor ect. Oh well, I saw this coming a mile away. :roll: Wasn't expecting D Claws to skyrocket as they have though... but they're awesome. =D>

the dragonclaws are the only good thing that has come out of this quest, but behind the scenes tommorow is what im waiting on, 11 month since the last skill, come on jagex, give us a development diary you know you want to ;)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

but behind the scenes tommorow is what im waiting on, 11 month since the last skill, come on jagex, give us a development diary you know you want to ;)

Wow, I completely forgot about that possibility...

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

but behind the scenes tommorow is what im waiting on, 11 month since the last skill, come on jagex, give us a development diary you know you want to ;)

Wow, I completely forgot about that possibility...

a new skill might just draw me back into playing ;)

but damn it better be good jagex is slacking in my books

I think once the drop rate is fixed (anyone remember the drop rates when the GWD first came out) the price will even out and probably go up a little.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

Soon, people will lose interest in the demons. The pieces are worthless and the claws are so underpriced that it's not worth it. No one has 50m junk and few people are willing to BH trade. It's also quite probable the drop rates will be nerfed. I also foresee them removing safe spots to make the demons more difficult to kill.

Soon, the tide of people doing the quest will taper off. That will mean less pieces are entering the game.

Bottom line is that in a few months, the D plate may actually go up.

td2sig.jpg

The plate is crashing for 4 reasons. I'll list them in order of importance.

1. The drop rate of ruined pieces was increased substantially. Although thousands of kills were made the day of the quest release, only a few drops were released. The second day, a few more started to roll in, but nothing really special. The third day, everyone got a piece. I had one friend who told me that in 600 kills the third day, his mass group got 27 pieces and 4 claws. Now compare that to the combined 400-500 kills my friends and I accumulated the first day, with a grand total of 1 piece drop. It seems to me that all the talk about "too common" comes from people who only looked at the third day influx.

2. You can now assist someone to make the dragon plate - since you don't need to trust trade anymore, many more plates are being made from all the accumulated pieces.

3. People have had time to finish half a dozen quests and then complete the Grandmaster quest. Remember, the quest is easy for its requirements, and for everyone that completes it, another piece comes into the game.

4. A sticky was made on the RSOF that the smithing level required for a dragon plate would be reduced to 92. In addition, all forums were teeming with all these speculation posts, which impacts w2 prices. I believe that w2 is the best informative source for a street price, followed by the official forums.

2496 Completionist

This is pure price manipulation by attempted panic. The price will fall and rise according to demand and supply, and over time the price will even itself out to a certain range either way.

Panic aside, people on page 1 provided all the reasons already why the price is dropping from the peak