One year has passed !

romu000

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, hypothetical scenario.

There are two people, Hardworking Joe and Selfish Tom. Hardworking Joe works hard for his money, busy skilling, mining and slaying dragons. After months of hard work, he decides to buy an Armadyl Godsword. Boy has he earnt it!

Selfish Tom is too lazy to level up his account. He uses real world trading to buy a level 99 strength pure and 25 million gold pieces. He got the real world money from dealing in the drug industry. Selfish Tom is walking along one day, in his bought character, when he sees Hardworking Joe and his Armadyl Godsword. He thoughtlessly kills Hardworking Joe, verbally abusing him as Selfish Tom abuses a bug to one-hit knockout him and Selfish Tom is rewarded with 64 thousand gold worth of items. Meanwhile Hardworking Joe respawns in Camelot having lost months of hard work, determination and earnings.

Upon seeing the free 64k, Selfish Tom explodes. He angrily yells at the fact that he was given a free 64K, because he demands MILLIONS! Of course, never mind Hardworking Joe who has lost everything, since having consideration for others is the last thing Selfish Tom would do. Hardworking Joe is very sad indeed, whilst Selfish Tom starts sadistically whining about how the 60 million are his property and selfishly demands Jagex return them. Selfish Tom has no sympathy for Hardworking Joe because he is a heartless lunatic.

You know Godwin's Law? They should apply it to the American Dream as well as Hitler.

What on Earth has that got to do with the majority of PKers who didn't engage in RWT? Your judgements throughout that post just reeked of a generalising 13-year-old with a chip on his shoulder because he once got PKed despite accepting that's a possibility when you entered the Wilderness.

Was it not at all possible for a PKer to work his way up for money (by fetching, or alching), buy the equipment, go into the Wilderness, legitimately kill other players for loot and still earn an honest gold piece?

This year (to me) has been as big a suprise as the Construction skills release.

From the Summoning skill to PVP worlds, all year we've had great updates to sink our teeth into, Last year everything was crap.

Sure we lost some great content because of RWT and Autoers and there are alot of things that are broken but Jagex have been working very hard to make us happy and I think it's worked :thumbsup:

Zaroterasu.png

Sorry to break the euphoria, but the fundamental flaws in this game still remain: It's barely an RPG, definitely not one in which there are several routes to the same objective*, and for an MMORPG, it has an immensely negative and weak community with very few exceptions (Tip.It being one of them).

That is why, despite having a whole cornucopia of free time to spend these days, I'm still completely turned off at the prospect of logging into RS again.

Good bye! Ginger Warrior :boohoo:

It is my opinion and therefore a fact that RS has turned many negatives into huge positives.

Look at my stats, I was going for 99 Herblore on the basis that PKing would support my goal. Herblore is dead, I got over it and chose to train other skills during the past 12 months. Hell! nearly all of my friends list had to go cos' of quitters. I'm happy to say that it's full of new friends.

I say Good Job Jagex! =D> I'm sure the Gowers and their developers are still unhappy with some aspects of the game but have more than made up for it with improved graphics and content.

If they continue in this vane imagine how good the game could be in 12 months from now.... :shock:

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

gotta love the internet...

but ya, great year for jagex, things change, people complain, and runescape is on the whole a more detailed and complex game than it was last year, just as it was last year compared to the year before, and the year before that compared to the year before that.

I just wanna say congrats to the people that stuck with the game and still think it's great. But i also want to say congrats to the people who left because they saw that this wasn't the game they wanted to play. Takes a lot to just drop a game like that instead of just taking it in stride.

As for the petty arguments, neither side is fully informed. The people who embrace the ge and trade restrictions think that every pker is a heartless void of a person that sees getting their gains as easily as possiable the best way, and every pker that doesn't like the trade restrictions see the regular player as a mindless drone that sees nothing in the game except for what jagex presents to them, which, with the proper knowledge, is neither challenging or evolving.

It's the gamer's vs Halo argument, the xbox vs playstation argument, the pepsi vs coke argument, and the french fries vs chips argument. All made worse with the fact that it isn't people that we're arguing with, but soulless avatars that have no reprecussions against.

So can we all just move on as a culture? The game has changed, and everyone has their oppinion as to whether it was better or worse. This happens to be a post saying it got better, and a giant shiny target to people that disagree with that and still angry over the loss of the wilderness, their activity of choice in runescape.

I won't tell them to go to bounty hunter or pvp worlds. After all, they are still different than the old wildy, either in size, regulation, or profit. I won't even tell them to go away. After all, this is the internet, a nexus of responces and comments. I'm just here to give my oppinion, my verbal message in a bottle to be thrown into an ocean of messages in a bottle.

Long post is long...

It is not the great who are strong, but the strong who are great--Albel Nox

still doesnt explain the 56 + mill i have on my 3 skillers and why now I CNAT TrANSFER TO MY MAIN FFFS

Well for one, that has been against the rules since before the trade limit update, so you shouldn't have been doing it/thinking about it anyways.

Nevertheless, jagex has made a good game I feel most can enjoy. I am still quite content with the game, and all that we can do. It keeps getting better in my opinion.

A message to those who complain about runescape:

QUIT nobody is making you play runescape, if you have such a problem with how this game is now, then leave.

Sir_Redhead.png

Gained first quest cape on 3/22/09! Gained 99 fishing 5/22/09!

I forgot when I got 99 cooking!

Proud member of Jovial Rovers

gotta love the internet...

but ya, great year for jagex, things change, people complain, and runescape is on the whole a more detailed and complex game than it was last year, just as it was last year compared to the year before, and the year before that compared to the year before that.

I just wanna say congrats to the people that stuck with the game and still think it's great. But i also want to say congrats to the people who left because they saw that this wasn't the game they wanted to play. Takes a lot to just drop a game like that instead of just taking it in stride.

As for the petty arguments, neither side is fully informed. The people who embrace the ge and trade restrictions think that every pker is a heartless void of a person that sees getting their gains as easily as possiable the best way, and every pker that doesn't like the trade restrictions see the regular player as a mindless drone that sees nothing in the game except for what jagex presents to them, which, with the proper knowledge, is neither challenging or evolving.

It's the gamer's vs Halo argument, the xbox vs playstation argument, the pepsi vs coke argument, and the french fries vs chips argument. All made worse with the fact that it isn't people that we're arguing with, but soulless avatars that have no reprecussions against.

So can we all just move on as a culture? The game has changed, and everyone has their oppinion as to whether it was better or worse. This happens to be a post saying it got better, and a giant shiny target to people that disagree with that and still angry over the loss of the wilderness, their activity of choice in runescape.

I won't tell them to go to bounty hunter or pvp worlds. After all, they are still different than the old wildy, either in size, regulation, or profit. I won't even tell them to go away. After all, this is the internet, a nexus of responces and comments. I'm just here to give my oppinion, my verbal message in a bottle to be thrown into an ocean of messages in a bottle.

Long post is long...

The ge has done nothing but help me, and trade limits just make it easier to find a fair price for something(and makes scamming impossible). However, I have nothing against pkers as a whole, I have met some pkers that make me think they don't believe there are real people behind the avatars, but I have also met pkers that I befriended. Personally I don't pk, but that's because I'm bad at it. When I go to a pvp world(fully expecting to lose everything) I enjoy the thrill of it. Anyway, I just wanted to say that you made some very generalized statements in that post, but I like the way you ended that post.

Let's here it for 1 year since the game changing updates!

deathfish64.png

The quest points in the stat pic above this message is wrong, disregard it.

Rejoice.jpg

Yeah, everyone loves me!

Herblore is dead, I got over it and chose to train other skills during the past 12 months.

Yeah well, I happen to love herblaw. Bah.

The people posting are those who are left after all the people unhappy with RS quit so obviously it's going to be pretty one-sided.

Plus, everyone who hated the trading system probably left now, showing Runescape's TRUE fans!

Being a true fan shouldn't mean you have to accept [cabbage] updates

Except, apparently it does.

people say R.I.P. Runescape, i say Runescape is more alive now then ever!

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Best analogy i can think of is that it's like there was an enormous earhtquake, destroying 1/2 of rs, some things stand unchanged, some of the bad things remain, but on the whole, alot of space was cleared for new things to be built, new and better things.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Runescape sucks now more then ever. The game is worse then it was a year ago. People are idiots. Ask them a simple question and they'll give you [cabbage] you don't want to hear. They only put in a trade limit because they weren't making money not because they care about the sake of the game. Jagex removed the old PvP for almost no reason. Most likely because runecrafters were crying about it. They brought it one of the most lousy excuses for a mini game which is bounty hunter. That mini game is almost dead anyway since the arrival of the new PvP. The new PvP isn't nearly as good as the old one or as good as RSC's. They basically ruined a great game in the span of one year. Not to mention that the holiday events suck and the graphic update wasn't great either. Basically, Jagex is a selfish company that only cares about money. That's why they removed free trade and began to set prices themselves in GE.

Runescape sucks now more then ever. The game is worse then it was a year ago. People are idiots. Ask them a simple question and they'll give you [cabbage] you don't want to hear. They only put in a trade limit because they weren't making money not because they care about the sake of the game. Jagex removed the old PvP for almost no reason. Most likely because runecrafters were crying about it. They brought it one of the most lousy excuses for a mini game which is bounty hunter. That mini game is almost dead anyway since the arrival of the new PvP. The new PvP isn't nearly as good as the old one or as good as RSC's. They basically ruined a great game in the span of one year. Not to mention that the holiday events suck and the graphic update wasn't great either. Basically, Jagex is a selfish company that only cares about money. That's why they removed free trade and began to set prices themselves in GE.

Sad that you don't know what you're talking about.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Can i be the guy who picks this guys argument apart please. Not because it disagree with him, i do, but thats not why, its becasue his arguments are v flawed.

Runescape sucks now more then ever. The game is worse then it was a year ago. People are idiots So does that include yourself?

Ask them a simple question and they'll give you [cabbage] you don't want to hearAs them what? Who was asked what, Who gave what answer? wtf?.

They only put in a trade limit because they weren't making money not because they care about the sake of the game. Jagex were making millions a year, they put a trade limit because gold farmers/bots were exploiting free trade, adversly effecting the game and going against one of the core rs rules.

Jagex removed the old PvP for almost no reason. It was being used to transfer money (see my last point)

Most likely because runecrafters were crying about it.You just contradicted yourself

They brought it one of the most lousy excuses for a mini game which is bounty hunter.Thats your personal opinion, there are still people who use and like it

That mini game is almost dead anyway since the arrival of the new PvP.Its obvious it would be, as the new PVP is a more robust replacement for PVP than BH

The new PvP isn't nearly as good as the old one or as good as RSC's.Again personal opinion, but comparing it to RSC is a bad idea, its a totally different combat system.

They basically ruined a great game in the span of one year. Not to mention that the holiday events suck I say there much better than when i joined, i think half of rs would be up in arms if all we had to do was talk to santa in varrock centre nowdays

and the graphic update wasn't great either Depends if you use it or not, but straight comparing the two it was an incredible and much needed update..

Basically, Jagex is a selfish company that only cares about money Didn't you say erlier they were making no money? Anyway, yes they are a company and money is a big issue, but many of the updates were done to improve the game experience if you bother looking at them more in-depth..

That's why they removed free trade and began to set prices themselves in GE.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I like the "new" RuneScape... But I wish Jagex fix the prices (like before the GE, were players decide the prices of the items) If Jagex do it, RS will be the perfect game

9/10 Jagex, nice game

davix120.png

Barrows drops: 2 Dharok Helms, 1 Karil top, 1 Verac helm, 2 Guthan helm, 1 Karil skirt

It has been good year. The GE has helped alot but it's not like the old times, the days even before Dec 10 2007.

Now I just don't play as much and neither does my friends that used to. Dec 10 just made it easier for me to sell and buy stuff and easier to do alot of things. RuneScape is not more alive than ever but it's not even close to die either.

This is a rather long little statement I am making and i tried to post it as its own thread but a mod threw a bf so its a reply i guess....INCONVENIENTLY placed in the middle of some 't' to the 'it'-sucking flamers....ANYWAY - I want the people like me to know that I feel for you, because a year ago I took a pretty hard sucker punch to the kidney from Jagex. This is straight up how I remember the day and as close to my actual reaction as I can recall.

It is defiantly winter where I live now, and since I am not big on the skiing\snowboarding\streaking down the snow-packed streets, I am thinking back to years past and what I have done to kill some time while indoors after a dreadfully long day of school. No matter how much I wish it wasn't true, the word 'runescape' keeps jumping into my head.

As anyone who truly understands the game knows, it was almost 1 year ago to the day that Jagex released the last update message on their homepage that I would ever read with any enthusiasm. A year ago I got on the computer and clicked on my runescape client icon (that good old strange looking sword that was in no way tied to the game itself :D) and waited anxiously to see what news Jagex had for me to read. It was to my disgust that saw a heading that really did not look appealing to me, especially because I probably in the mindset of maybe the new holiday item. I clicked on the link to see if what I had read in haste was as bad as it sounded in my mind. Bounty Hunter? What is this rubbish...oh well at least all the noobs will clear out of edge for a while so I can actually get some pking done...wait a minute...no more wilderness? Please, let this be a joke...I told myself it wouldn't be beyond Jagex to do something like this and withdraw it within a few hours\days. As I kept reading, I realized the sincerity of Jagex's new update - no pking, 3k wealth transfer every 15 minutes, no transfering PERIOD. I could not believe it at the time.

I honestly felt sick to my stomach that the game I had been playing religiously from 2003 to 2006, quit for nearly a year, and starting up again in 2007 made a f2p pure with 40 attack 84 strength 5 defence, was now tainted. The only thing that kept me from completely removing myself from runescape in 2006 was my love for the player killing aspect of the game.

How fun it was to log in on a friday night with some friends and tear up some f2p worlds at castle!

I'm sorry for the longevity of this post, and I hope its coherent enough and that I got all I wanted to say into this post, because I really was tied to this game for the EXACT reasons that Jagex removed from the game with no room for question 1 year ago almost to the day. Now I am not crying to myself over my 'loss' or anything, and I don't need sympothy, because honestly, it *WAS* a game, I got over it. I just want to share my reaction as I remember it, and I am curious to know if anyone else from 'my era of the game' feels the same way. ::'

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE COMMENT ON THIS POST TELLING ME IF YOU CAN RELATE TO THIS AT ALL, OR ANY OTHER FEELINGS ON WHAT JAGEX DID TO A GAME THAT UNDENIABLY HAD AN IMPACT ON OUR ADOLESCENT/adult *akward* LIVES!

i__chili__i.png

Please understand I haven't used this account for over a year, so yah...

^^^OBLIVIOUS^^^

What people don't understand is that if it wasn't for those updates there would be NO RUNESCAPE!

I hate when people don't read closely! Think people, pay attention!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Price setting on GE is BS. Can't we all agree on that?? I mean, perfect example is D Plate and D Claws.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one