16th December 2008 - Christmas Event and Quest

Junkie_Joe

well, I'm a level 3 skiller, so I can't show a picture (I do own a santa hat), but any guys interested in looking like a better santa, try completing rag's bone man wish list, having a bone sack looks just like a presents sack! I'd highly appriciate anyone willing to post that picture :thumbsup: .

EDIT: also a white beard...

also, how do I get the reward from Jack? he seems to have to study the yeti poo...

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it done.

T'was a nice quest and nice little event.

Also noticed its a Jagex Mod's First Ever Quest, congratz on that. =D> :mrgreen:

This is the first quest (and event) I have written, and its exciting to finally have something I made released. I really hope that you like them both, and that you have at least as much fun playing them as I had writing them. Merry Christmas, everybody!

Mod Maylea

Runescape Content Developer

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Now to wait for the FunOrb Christmas Achievements. :P

Nice rewards but this is exactly the reason I still have 33 quests to do before While Guthix Sleeps. Apparently this quest is like the easiest out there but it took me like 2 hours to do. -.- -.- -.-

Attempt1 - I got to the ice maze with the first experience reward but couldn't figure out how to get to the next room and thought I messed up somehow so I teleported out. I then found out you can move diagonally.

Attempt2 - I got to the room with the Agility experience reward and got that but then realized the room with the Crafting experience reward from the previous room needs a Chisel to be broken. So I teleported out again to get a Chisel.

Attempt3 - I ended up getting to the part where you squeeze through the crevice but didn't notice the Ice Blocks somehow so I just took the normal route. After the Yeti yelled me out of his chamber I thought I needed Earmuffs so I teleported out and got some.

Attempt4 - Later on in a clan chat people told me about the ice blocks and I managed to get across the gaps, but there were roots blocking the next experience reward. I teleported out to get an axe.

Attempt5 - I got the Woodcutting experience reward and finally beat the quest.

This is why I can't stand quests...

Sounds awesome.

Trying to get there but my computer is lagging up a storm! :evil:

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

an easier way to find jack frost!

[hide=]use the in-game world map, any newly added snow places could be where he is, just go close to one, use your snow imp, and if it says it's cold he's probably there :P.[/hide]

Anyone notice that if you talk to Explorer Jack again after the quest and after he gives you the 5000gp for the Yeti stones that he says,

"I've been to that ice cave the snow imp mentioned. Sliding is great fun! You should go back there sometime."

I should? Is there something else there? Another hidden reward maybe? I received all 3 skill rewards, the stones, & the 5kgp. Maybe he just wants me to have some fun???

Ok so does hot mean your getting closer?

Or this one of those cold is hot and hot is cold because where looking for jack frost?

No .. cold means closer

Nice reading skills. Let me say what he said:

Or this this one of those Cold = hot and hot = cold?

Hmm .. in the first line .. he says : SO DOES HOT MEAN YOUR GETTING CLOSER?

Im answering that .. wth is with the unnecessary flame? idiot

He's not the idiot :P you need to read past the first line...

But either way he answered the guys question, so there was no need for him to even flame in the first place.

Iv Green vI.png

hawtzo5.png

The quest reminded me A LOT of Ocarina of Time and other Zelda games which involve ice. :o

And Twilight Princess when you have to do that sliding block puzzle. Ugh, the boredom...

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I hope the imp is a permanent reward. I'd rather have him then a santa suit.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Someone said you could get 5k from jack frost after the quest. If this is true how do you find him again?

EDIT: My bad its explorer jack. You have to wait a while after the quest ends for him to give it to you.

a8aa5bbc88.png

People who ask our advice almost never take it. Yet we should never refuse to give it, upon request, for it often helps us to see our own way more clearly.

--Brendan Francis

I like the fact that everything's somewhat random in this event. I mean Jack Frost could be anywhere, how great is that? :D

Also, the name of your imp seems random too, and if you click on another person's imp, your imps will have a conversation :)

signature8xy4.gif

Thanks to Jwrm22 for helping me with the signature :D

Have a look at my 'Land of Fakes'

Private chat ON, give me a HYT and I'll HYT you back :D

I like the fact that everything's somewhat random in this event. I mean Jack Frost could be anywhere, how great is that? :D

Also, the name of your imp seems random too, and if you click on another person's imp, your imps will have a conversation :)

It wasn't really anywhere, he was always on 1 of the white spots.

Did anyone else notice if you examine:

Santa costume gloves - Some red and jolly gloves.

Santa costume boots - Some red and jolly boots.

Fail Jagex. :lol:

Is that icy part with the big stalactites and stalagmites kind of like in Pokémon Gold where you had to slide across the ice and bounce around on the rocks to make it to the end? I loved that part. <3:

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!