What if you had more inventory slots?

HugeBrain

Pros: It's easier.

Cons: It's easier.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pros: It's easier.

Cons: It's easier.

^ only post i'm agreeing so far.

more inv spots would be a blessing but idk where the [bleep] did purewc got the idea that prices would fall. drops rates would stay the same, and since you have summoning to carry items for you, adding a little extra space wouldn't cause much impact. like melos said, it'll just make things easier.

On ffxi we have to do quests to get our maximum inven space(70), it costs us gil(gp) to do so, but really it makes it a hell of alot more fun. Like farming etc.

If RS let us do this, sure it'd make some boss monters easier, but they're not really all that tough. With the exception of the Corporeal beast I guess, but I'm yet to try that.

There's not much downside, it might hurt the economy but that's already kinda screwed.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

You're not getting my point. If you had an IQ above room temperature you would. Longer trips mean more drops, more drops means lower price.

I take extreme offense when people start insulting my intelligence, especially over the internet where you don't know me so can't make any valid claims and I can't prove to you that I graduated top of my senior class in high school and currently attend a prestigious college. (Unless, of course, you are referring to room temperature in Kelvin :lol: )

You're not getting MY point. Just about everything would cost less, including the supplies needed to go on a trip. We both have equally valid points, just different perspectives.

Come to think of it, maybe I am looking at this the wrong way. I'm not sure anything would change, except more experience. Sure, skillers can produce more materials, but those materials would be used up at almost the same rate since everyone has access to those materials. More drops wouldn't mean a thing either, since people would be making money faster on this train of thought because prices would remain the same and they would be able to sell more and hence make the money to afford the drops faster, keeping demand in line with the increased supply.

Overall, I think the effects on the economy are too unpredictable to be sure of any of these possible outcomes.

Flyingjj.png

You're not getting my point. If you had an IQ above room temperature you would. Longer trips mean more drops, more drops means lower price.

I take extreme offense when people start insulting my intelligence, especially over the internet where you don't know me so can't make any valid claims and I can't prove to you that I graduated top of my senior class in high school and currently attend a prestigious college. (Unless, of course, you are referring to room temperature in Kelvin :lol: )

You're not getting MY point. Just about everything would cost less, including the supplies needed to go on a trip. We both have equally valid points, just different perspectives.

Come to think of it, maybe I am looking at this the wrong way. I'm not sure anything would change, except more experience. Sure, skillers can produce more materials, but those materials would be used up at almost the same rate since everyone has access to those materials. More drops wouldn't mean a thing either, since people would be making money faster on this train of thought because prices would remain the same and they would be able to sell more and hence make the money to afford the drops faster, keeping demand in line with the increased supply.

Overall, I think the effects on the economy are too unpredictable to be sure of any of these possible outcomes.

I was the first one to say the prices would not change, if you just give it some thought, you would realize only rare drops and such would change. Sure, you have more room for getting materials, but if you think about it, it means that skillers will be using these mats at an accelerated pace.

I has herd, that lesser demons, MAY or may not, drop tormented demons. \:D/ :roll: :x :D :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol:

Due to a typo, I am now stuck with 1k dragon darts and no buyer. Can I has bail out from tip.it plox?

I was the first one to say the prices would not change, if you just give it some thought, you would realize only rare drops and such would change. Sure, you have more room for getting materials, but if you think about it, it means that skillers will be using these mats at an accelerated pace.

Sorry about that, I got a little bit carried away with my argument with pure so that when I changed my opinion I didn't go back and read the other posts again. ;)

Flyingjj.png

pack yak

Don't want to make you guys look stupid or anything, but yeah, what he said.

For things done in banks the 2-4 spots don't really matter much, but with yak i could bank 2x the number of logs i would have normally with the current inventory. At monsters having yak/58 inventory slots is practically the same thing, but only a fair few(and worthily so) can use it.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

pack yak

Yes, a pack yak :roll: That could be replaced with another familar if you had more inventory space. I am sure this thread is to focus on the effects.

A pack yak:

- Has a time limit

- Requires a high Summoning level

- Cannot store ALL items

Whereas having more inventory would be completely different to the pat yacks will have now. For example, Runecrafting would be affected.

2 spots?

Spirit terrorbird gives like 10 extra spots? the summon level for it is pretty low and the pouch itself cost next to nothing.

Why would 2 spots change a thing. Longer trips you say? Will 2 sara brews(whatever food/supplis) really make a huge difference? no.

Well I can do two runs in Barrows before i need more supplies... Why? Because I need more food... With two slots more I could do 3 runs before bank \'

davix120.png

Barrows drops: 2 Dharok Helms, 1 Karil top, 1 Verac helm, 2 Guthan helm, 1 Karil skirt

Pros: With two to four extra spaces, you would go up a little bit faster in most skills, more effective at higher levels.

Cons: The market would be harder to follow.

Explanation of Cons: I stand in the middle, the prices would do a reverse of what happened when Jagex said Pkn was coming back, theyd fall kinda fast in a short ammount of time. Two outcomes would be that the volume of items traded would become higher meaning that youd make about the same ammount of gp either wat, making the extra spaces pointless. Another outcome is that people would stop doing monster hunting and stuff if the price dropped, so then prices would go realy high because the items become rarer again. This causes the market to look like a good rollercoster making it confusing :ohnoes:

Super_j75.png

Major Completed Quests: Legends Quest, Monkey Madness, Glorious Memories, Underground Pass, The Choosen Commander

Pro's:

Easier for skillers

Less worrying about quests

Easier time gettting to Jad in the fight pits

More combat experience when training due to more availability of food

Con's:

It would make F2P high level PKing even more of a hit and wait since you are using more food and taking longer to get a kill, while also giving the opponent another chance to run away/teleport. Also, having a pure vs. non-pure account on F2P get a lower chance of getting a good item, such as say a rune plate, because of a higher chance to pick a food item rather then the armor peace.

.....On the arguments about the dropping of prices, here'a an example on how prices would stay the same:

Say you are chopping a tree which gives you 28 logs worth 100 gp each. It takes a minute to chop the 28 logs and a minute to bank and get back(2 minutes). If there were 32 spaces, it would take one minute and an 1/8th of a second to get a full inventory. After 7 inventories of 32 spaces(224 logs) you would have the same number of logs as 8 inventories of 28 spaces(224 logs),but it would end up saving you an 1/8th of a second with the 32-space inventories, or an extra 4 logs per 14 minutes. With 14 minutes of chopping with 28 spaces, you would make 22,400 for 224 logs. If the prices were to fall because of this abundance of logs, say to about 98gp, you would make 22,344 gp per 228 logs. This is a 56gp loss for the 14 minutes spent, but it would lead to 4 logs worth of more xp for the same ammount of time spent.

However, the consumers of the log would be able to burn/fletch more logs as well, thereby causing prices to stay about the same as the previous price of 100, meaning about 400 gp more profit per 228 logs.

Lol tell me if my argument makes sense, or if it sounds to much like like I'm rambling. It's past one AM where I live and I'm getting sleepy.

matrix2613.png

matrix2613.png

matrix2613.png

woot.

You are one with the matrix.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Petry Amwose if you ask me.

For slayer tasks:

With 4 more inventory spots... and ignoring the beasts of burden... things will go back to how they were before summoning. No more wasting 4 spots in inventory for charms. If you still have charms and summoning, then why would you ignore beasts of burden.

For training standing-in-bank skills:

With 4 more inventory slots, you will go through 4 more raw materials each load... not much of a difference on speed of anything.

For skills involving run-to-location-bank-and-repeat,

4 more slots will increase time between banking runs or increase throughput in case of rc -- basically increase production rates.

sig5qf.gif

# 1101 to 99 range on 12-18-05

85 slayer on 12-18-05 with combat at 102;

2200+ total.

2 spots?

Will 2 sara brews(whatever food/supplis) really make a huge difference?

Yes.

no, it wont. sure, maybe a few more kills with 2, but it wont make it that much of a difference to the trip, the difficulty of the trip, and it wont make the price of its drops fall from people going in droves to harvest the boss.

however, add 30 more invent spaces [pack yak] and it becomes a BIG difference. but not 2 spaces. also the other familiars that help alot [healers, mainly, like titans and unicorn] extend the trip for so long that 2 more spaceswould only make the trip a tiny fraction longer

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come