What if you had more inventory slots?

HugeBrain

We already have the 28 inventory spots + 11 equipment spots. In total is already a whopping 39 spots that can be filled.

In the old days of RSC, you had 30 including whatever was the worn inventory.

For certain things, yes it would make all the difference, but it might not suit the player themself. Let's say Runecrafting, you have the 28 initial spots, and minus 4 for the pouches, but plus 3, 6, 9 and 12 for the pouches potential, 54 spaces, but 30 restricted to essence. Add any abyssal familiar and that's 61 spaces with 37 restricted to essence.

With 40 slots naturally, you'd have to recode the inventory grid not to mention all the items too, although the sprite recoding would be significantly easier, If not trying to fit it into one area, but instead have an additional backpack (some games have multiple bags for the items, so as to save space). However, even with more items, most things would just take longer in-between. The current logout timer is somewhat suited to a whole inventory of something being smithed and the player going afk. Wouldn't altogether make a large difference, but some supplies would go higher in demand as someone could use it more efficiently.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amg no banking during herb trips =P~

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

You guys are raising some good points. Which leads me to ask: What would RuneScape be like if the game ALWAYS had 30+ slots?

It would be greatly appreciated if all submissions would be officially credited to Huge Brain.

How much is your account worth to you? Check out this hot topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=775255

pack yak

Well there are beasts of burden from summoning, which some allow us to have extra inventory spaces. I don't think things have changed too much from that happening.

IF I were a pompous jerk, this is where I would say /thread.

Since I'm not... I'll just say, I don't think things would change too drastically unless we had a huge amount of slot changes, just not a few.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

All that would change for me, is the ability to gain more xp/money with less trips to the bank. This goes for all skills. The food for killing, means I can stay there longer. I can farm more, I can collect more wood; the list goes on.

Economically, Logic would tell me that there would be a big fluctuation in prices at the start - however over time this would all balance out. (For example, the fisher who can now fish more, ends up simply supplying to the warrior who can carry more)

In the end all it would do is lengthen the amount of time something takes. Be it waiting for my enemy to die, or camping at a monster for drops, it's all going to take more time.

I don't know if this is beneficial or not, personally I don't even want to think about a variable which would change so much in such a short period of time. One thing for sure, is it will balance out eventually, as it becomes part of our Runescape "day to day" life.

Erm, you can whole extra items making skilling easier/monster hunting. That's a simple answer that can answer your question.

There is really no cons with it.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Pros: More stuff is pretty cool

I won't run out of Inventory space (as I usually do) as fast. I'll still run out though. As long as I still survive, I will keep doing what I do and I will keep running out of inventory spaces ::'

Cons: I got nothin.

The way I see it is the price of everything will drop, except rares which won't matter as there is only a limited supply of them. If everything drops, then we all lose profit. Everything will even out, and the only things affected are the discontinued items. If we all were rich, then only the richest among us are truly rich.

Anyway, we have beasts of burden which require a low summoning level to use.

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

I don't think we need any, like how the summoning familiar's BoBs really help in that situation. If our inv was expanded, how much else would we ask for? :o

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

Having a couple extra slots won't change the game or economy in any way.

Rsc had 30 slots, if I remember right.

5 of these slots were used up with armour, so you really had only 25.

After rs2 was released, the only item that had a big change in price was the rune 2 hander and the rune plate. 2 hander dropped, plate increased.

At that time, rune ore was THE money maker. 3 extra slots would bring a rune miner an extra 60-100k if they knew what they were doing, and even those didn't decrease the price.

~M

The way I see it, one of the main things that would happen is that while the price of raw items would fall, the amount of money made per hour by collecting those raw materials would not change much at all. Ignoring banking time, the price of the items would be in this type of equation, where P = Price of the item, C = price of the item with 28 slots, and I = new amount of inventory spots. P = C * (28/I) If that made no sense, sorry :P

As for using the raw materials, the cost of doing secondary consumption (Fletching, Cooking, etc...) would stay nearly the same, because the price of the items that come out of the Secondary Consumption (Yew Logs become Yew Longbows, Raw Lobsters become Lobsters, Gold Ore becomes Gold Bars) will fall also.

For skills that involve moving longer distances to the training spot (Woodcutting, Mining, Fishing) the Experience per hour would go up certain amounts depending on how many more spaces were available. This is because you would have to bank less often. Even skills where you travel less, such as Cooking, would have a small increase in XP/Hour.

Skills that involve staying where you are, next to a bank (Fletching, Most of Magic, Herblore) the XP/Hour would have an almost unnoticeable change in XP/Hour.

I hope this makes sense :oops:

-CMP

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

-- Jack Handey

Cook_Me_Plox.png

*cough summoning cough*

Umm, I probably wouldn't really notice the difference because I don't do too many things where the inventory would matter too much. Sure I could get 4 extra logs per load, but still, I don't really think it'd be that much better.

pack yak

/thread.

The sole reason I am only slaying at the moment is because I want charms for 96 summoning before I start to skill. I may as well do everything in the best way possible.

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

• 3 weeks later...
pack yak

/thread.

The sole reason I am only slaying at the moment is because I want charms for 96 summoning before I start to skill. I may as well do everything in the best way possible.

what

It would be greatly appreciated if all submissions would be officially credited to Huge Brain.

How much is your account worth to you? Check out this hot topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=775255

For sake of argument, on RSC there was/is 30 inventory spaces. When the switch over to RS2 happened and the inventory slots were reduced to 28, this did not cause prices of raw materials/drops to increase. So I don't think that having 30 spaces, again, would effect anything... at all.

Now, if they just so happened to add more than 30 and tack on the BoB slots, then who knows how the 'follow the leader' type of community would react. If people started to say that because of the extra spaces then such items will drop in price, then they will more than likely drop in price.

It all depends on how the community would interpret the update.

Kingxero.png

Pros: More space ftw.

Cons: My carefully calculated amounts of ore+coal to be withdrawn for all bars would have to be re-carefully calculated.

MR. OCTOPUS BEARD DISAGREES!

30259it.jpgNo, THAT's what she said.

Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Read below.

Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Read above.

[hide=OMG DRAGON KITESHIELD IN-GAME!!!!]rickrollad5.png

Never gonna give you up...[/hide]

I cant use a chair, evidence that Lucien's men are sitting on them.

If I had more inventory spaces I could pick more cabbage. Meh, not that exciting.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

Cons - The inventory screen will take up more of the screen than necessary.

As Jagex said in Behind the Scenes 2009, they plan to make the interfaces as flexible and user-friendly as possible, and when changing all this, they may add more tabs with more options on them, one of these new tabs could possibly be a secondary inventory, unlockable when you do the second grandmaster quest.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

Cons - The inventory screen will take up more of the screen than necessary.

As Jagex said in Behind the Scenes 2009, they plan to make the interfaces as flexible and user-friendly as possible, and when changing all this, they may add more tabs with more options on them, one of these new tabs could possibly be a secondary inventory, unlockable when you do the second grandmaster quest.

2 invs + Pack yak sounds fun.

X_kaylin_X.png

Solo Corp Beast might become possible. Doubt it though because of that darn stomp attack. And Runecrafters would be able to take even more ess to the altar per trip.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.